Moving In

Under The Same Roof
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was your first day of work and you waited for Kai as he was changing his clothes. You couldn't help but to pace around in nervousness. This would be your first job if ever.

“Kai I’m nervous. What if I mess up in work? What if the co-workers doesn't like me? What if-”

“What if you keep calm babe? Nothing bad is going to happen if you just focus. Don't get too nervous okay? It'll be fine.” Kai said as he patted your head and gave you an angelic smile.

You were bombing him with questions and if it were other people, they would have whacked you in irritation already.

The two of you reached the cafe and your manager taught you the basic things to do. Kai was always by your side guiding you. Such an angel.

“Welcome to Baby Cafe! What can I get you?” You said as you greeted the customer happily.

“Oh! You're Daehyun oppa's enemy am I right?” The girl with the skimpy dress said as she looked at you innocently.

“Y-yes I think so.” You rubbed the back of your neck. “Babe everything alright in there?” Kai asked as he popped out from the walkway behind you.

The girl looked at Kai with glistening eyes and said, “Kai oppa? The two of you are dating and working together? How sweet!”

You looked at Kai and he looked back at you. "Your order..?" You said in a bit annoyed tone. She was asking too much. Who is she anyway?

“Who's that?” You asked after the girl left.

Kai rubbed the back of his neck and answered, “One of the clingy girls in school. You know, those types of girls...” He said; expecting you to know what he meant.

Your mouth formed an 'O' shaped and nodded at him. “Tsk. That's what you get for being such a playboy. All the girls knows you.” You chuckled and he glared at you.

Work finished late as there were a lot of customers and you were really tired. All you wanted is to lay down on your bed and have a good rest.

Kai and you reached his house and walked inside like Zombies. You didn't know working could be that tiring. Honestly, your job wasn't that hard after all. It wasn't as tiring as other jobs.

“Dad where are y-”

“Yoonhee we need to talk. Kai, please follow us too.”

The both of you looked at each other and shrugged your shoulders. What could it be? It was as if though the two f you were going to get scolded but you know the two of you didn't do anything wrong. Still, it was weird.

“Kai, we're really grateful that you welcomed us in your house without hesitations. No words can describe how thankful we are to you. We don't want to burden you anymore that's why I looked for a place to stay as soon as possible and I actually found one.”

You looked at your dad and asked him, “how much is the rent? Where is it? Why didn't you tell me beforehand?”

“Ahjussi if you're moving out because you think you're a burden, please don't do that. You and Yoonhee were never a burden and will never be. I was really happy that I have company and the two of you are more than welcome to live here. Ahjussi please don't do this.” Kai said with a sad look on his face.

He didn't expect you to move out so soon. He didn't want to. He loves to keep you around and see you every time he wants.

“Kai I’m sorry but we can't stay here forever right? Yoonhee, the place we're going to stay is at my friend's house. I met him a week ago and while we were catching up with each others lives, I told him what happened to us and he insisted that we stay at his place.”

“Dad that's more embarrassing. I don't know them and don't you feel at home here? Kai is home dad. My home.” You said as tears threatening to fall from your eyes.

Kai softened at your words. Even though he knows you only look at him as your annoying best friend, those words were enough to melt his heart.

On the other hand, you didn't want to leave either. For some reason, you just wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter