Heartbreak

Under The Same Roof
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yoonhee dear why are you home early? Did you ditch class?” Your dad asked you as you entered the house with your swollen eyes and tears dried up on your face. Your eyes and nose were really red from the nonstop crying. “What happened?!”

Not far behind you was Kai. His worry over you took over his anger at Daehyun. He never saw you that hurt and angry before. Your dad eyed Kai suspiciously and Kai got what he meant. He waved his hands across his face frantically. “Ahjussi it’s better if Yoonhee tells you.”

You locked yourself in your bedroom and blasted the music very loud so they wouldn’t hear you crying. You didn’t even hear the knock and the juggling of keys on your door knob. You were at the foot of your bed and hugging your knees while you were crying nonstop.

“Yoonhee…” You looked at your dad and hugged him tightly. He hugged you back and patted your head. “Dad is always here for you. You can tell me anything and everything.” You just cried louder and hugged him tighter.

Kai came with a glass of water and was about to leave when you pulled him. “Don’t go…” It was more like of a plea and looking at your current state, he didn’t have the heart to leave you.

A few minutes later which seemed like hours to you, you stopped crying. You were now lying on the bed while your dad was sitting beside you on the bed and Kai sitting on the chair in front of you. “Now, can you tell me what happened?” Your dad asked you carefully as you were staring into space.

“He didn’t ask me out because he loves me dad. It was… it was just a part of his petty game.”

Your dad sat straight up in shock and looked at Kai as though asking him if it was true. Kai hung his head low and looked at his feet. Your dad looked at you and found your eyes closed but tears streaming down your face again.

“Yoonhee, you must have misunderstood him. The way I see it, he really loves you.”

You shook your head and bit your lip. “Dad, everything you saw was a big lie. I heard it with my own ears and I even asked him. He didn’t deny it.” You started sobbing again and your dad hugged you.

“I’m sorry dear. I will tell his parents about this.” Without wasting any second, he left you and Kai alone.

You looked at the picture frame which secured your photo with Daehyun and threw it at the trash bin. Kai held your hand and you squeezed it even though you were out of strength. “What have I done to deserve this Kai? I loved him without asking anything for return. I thought he loved me too. Why does this have to happen?” He wrapped his arms around you as you sobbed even harder.

Tears started to appear on his eyes. He couldn’t take it seeing you in that condition. He somehow felt it was his fault. “I’m sorry Yoonhee. It’s all because of me.” He was patting your head while your hug loosened.

You looked at him not minding your messy face and said, “Look, it’s not your fault. Don’t blame yourself for anything. It was his fault for choosing to be a jerk.” You rested your head on his shoulders and held his hand.

He heaved a heavy sigh and closed his eyes. “Yoonhee, will you be okay? If I stay here any longer, he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter