Acts

Under The Same Roof
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You opened your eyes and looked around carefully at the familiar surroundings. That was the place you used to stay when you stayed at Kai's house and now, you're there again.

You prepared for school and headed down to see Kai with his usual happy self. He greeted you with a warm smile and you saw that he already prepared breakfast for the two of you. Well, that wasn't much of a surprise since he always did that in the past.

“How are you feeling now?” He asked carefully as the two of you started eating.

You gave him a faint smile but somehow it was not forced anymore. “I feel more relieved now that I don't have to face him every day at home. I don't know what I'd do without you.” You sighed heavily and massaged your temples. “Maybe I would have gone crazy already.” You tried to joke and he chuckled softly.

He just gave you a reassuring smile and held your hand tight. “Look, I've hurt you before and I didn't know how hurt you were. I know you loved Daehyun more than you loved me and no, don't feel guilty about it because I know you didn't plan on doing it. I just want to stay by your side. If possible, forever. The pain you're experiencing is too immense and I can't stand not doing anything knowing I did something hurtful to you in the past and being your friend, I will never ever stop trying to help you to be happy again.”

You were touched by his words. Knowing Kai, he wasn’t a person who usually talks like that. He might be a goofball, a cheeseball or you name it, he wasn’t the type of a guy who is willing to go to those extents just for your sake.

You gave him a very warm hug and teared up. Those were tears of joy. Having someone like Kai sure is something you’d be really thankful for.

“Are you sure you want to do this? I mean what if she rejects you? Ignores you?”

Daehyun looked at school gate. He was waiting for you to reach school. Actually, he wanted to wait for you outside Kai’s house but he thought that would totally creep and annoy the hell out of you first thing in the morning - and he didn’t want to do that.

“I’m ready to get a negative response from her but what should I do? I have to start from scratch and face everything. After all, this is my fault.”

His friends looked at each other and smiled. “That’s the spirit man but don’t you dare tell us we didn’t warn you okay?” Daehyun glared at them and his friends laughed at Himchan’s comment.

You arrived at school feeling better and lighter than before. You were talking casually with Kai until you reached the locker. There was a note pasted on it saying:

‘I do not plan in any way to whitewash my sin. I do not call it a mistake, a mendacity; I call it sin. I would much rather, if possible -- and in my estimation it would not be possible -- to make it worse than less than it actually is. I have no one but myself to blame. I do not lay the fault or the blame of the charge at anyone else's feet. For no one is to blame but Jung Daehyun. I take the responsibility. I take the blame. I take the fault.’

You took the paper and put it in your bag. *So now you’re trying to get my forgiveness?* you couldn’t just ignore what the paper says. Somehow you were happy that he was regretting his actions but you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter