Only You

Under The Same Roof
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He stood there frozen, not knowing what to do. Hyejin was in front of him. How was he supposed to approach her? Should he even? What was he supposed to say? How have you been? Do you have a boyfriend? Why did-

“Long time no see, Daehyun.” She flashed him a smile. It was a friendly smile.

Daehyun forced a smile at her. He was not that overjoyed to see her again nor was he sad. It just came out naturally. He thought they would be awkward with each other but no, that was not the case.

“You’re still short.” That was the first thing he ever said to her after ages. She playfully smacked him on his chest and it signaled the two of them are still okay with each other. “Bubble tea?” He offered and she nodded happily.

The two of them sat down at the table of a bubble shop. “So what brings you back here in Korea?” He asked.

Before Hyejin left, she told Daehyun that they would be moving in America and ever since she arrived there, they never talked to each other anymore. The time difference was a killer and Daehyun was doing all sorts of ways to get over her which luckily he did.

She looked around the shop and adored how it was still the same. It was the same bubble tea shop they used to go. “Mom was assigned here in Korea for their company’s project and I thought I really missed Korea. Life in America was fine but I still prefer Korea.”

Daehyun nodded and she continued talking. “Just to let you know, I transferred in your school.”

He looked at her. “Really?” He was surprised and somehow happy. His childhood friend would be attending the same school as him again.

“Yes. Will you tour me around the school? I know we’re only left with a couple of months till we graduate but I still want to get used to the school.”

“Of course I will. Speaking of school, how was school in America? Where the kids nice? I bet you have an American accent by now.” He chuckled and she laughed.

“They were nice and I gut accustomed to the way they speak. I had a boyfriend there too. He was Korean actually but we really didn’t last…” She looked sad and Daehyun felt pity towards her. She tried to shake the sad atmosphere away by asking him, “Do you have girlfriend?”

Just the mention of you, he unknowingly smiled. “I have. You should meet her. She’s the reason why the jerk Daehyun changed to the cheesy Daehyun.” The two of them laughed and continued talking until they decided it was time to go home.

It only took him one meeting with Hyejin after you got together with him to realize that no one would ever replace y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter