Guilt

Under The Same Roof
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Good morning!” You greeted the elders who were sitting at the table and made your way to the dining area but that spot was empty. “Ommonim where’s Daehyun?” You asked her as Daehyun doesn’t usually get up later than you.

Ever since you became his girlfriend, you became more paranoid about his whereabouts. Not that you trust him but you just get worried easily.

“Miss me?”

You snapped your heads to see Daehyun walking down the stairs with a playful smirk on his face. You rolled your eyes at him and started eating your food. Yes he loves you but he still annoys you just to see your cute reaction whenever he gets on your nerves.

The elders chuckled at the sight at the two of you and Daehyun’s mom decided to open up a topic which you forgot was not surprising since they noticed how the two of you gotten less annoyed with each other for the past few months.

“It would be really nice if the two of you end up together.” You choked on your spit while Daehyun remained calm. He can manage well at things like that whilst you can’t. You’re good at hiding but definitely not in lying.

Before anyone else could comment, your dad joined the conversation. “As much as I’m afraid to let my only child go, I would prefer too if that will be you Daehyun.” You bit your inner cheeks to hide your smile as your dad already approves of Daehyun even if you have not told him yet the real relationship Daehyun and you have.

“So… what does the two of you has to say?” Daehyun’s dad asked as he looked at the two of you while you gave Daehyun an ‘I don’t know, you decide on whatever’ look.

The moment he opened his mouth, you just had a feeling that you’re going to regret that you let him do the talking. “Actually, Yoonhee and I have been dating for months.” Yea, you regret letting him talk.

You bit your lips hard in embarrassment and all you heard were gasps from the elders and the chuckling from Daehyun. You covered your face with your small hands and muttered, “I’m going to kill you Daehyun.” Loud enough for him to hear while he continued laughing and patted your head.

“How long already?!”

“Why didn’t you tell us?!”

“That’s good news!”

“Mom, dad, abbonim, stop. My Yoonhee is already embarrassed enough.” He said and earned another glared from you.

“MY Yoonhee?” You emphasized the ‘my’ and gritted your teeth in annoyance. He wasn’t helping at all. He was just making things more embarrassing for the two of you. “Ugh.” You groaned in annoyance and looked down on your plate while pouting.

They just continued laughing and Daehyun told them how he asked you out and how you accepted him. Of course he left the part where he asked you out at first just because of a bet. Which idiot would actually say that?

“I trust you Daehyun. I know you love my daughter very much and I know you won’t hurt her. I can see that she feels the same way for you too. I know you’re mature enough to ask Yoonhee out because you love her and not like those immature teenagers nowadays who play with a girl’s heart.” Your dad made a speech and you smiled at his words. He was happy for you and he already treats Daehyun like a son.

You wanted to see Daehyun’s reaction at your dad’s word only to see him stiff. He wasn’t even smiling. When he did, it was a forced and nervous smile. You shrugged it off thinking that he might be just nervous but what you didn’t know; it was the first strike for him – a strike of guilt.

“Of course dad. Daehyun changed from being the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter