FIVE

We Got Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FIVE


"I'm telling you it's ready." Dara insisted for the third time while looking at the closed pot.

Jae faced her and flicked her nose. "It's not yet ready smooch. Please sit down and wait for my master piece." Is she that hungry already? It's only 11 pm..well I bet she did not eat dinner. Dang it I shouldn't feel guilty for being late. I was informed late and according to Hyun Joong's WGM rules being late is a big NO. Second would be meeting the wife empty handed. I think that wearing that mickey mouse couple tee really scarred him, poor guy. But he's happy now so I shouldn't pity him. I was late already so I tried not to break the other rule and looked for lilies. Maybe I shouldn't have? But she liked it. Her frown melted right? Why am I worrying? This is so not ME.

I can't believe that smooch is growing on me. Well as long as he's using a normal tone..not the I-want-a-kiss voice because I can't help but think that he does want a kiss. What am I thinking? Scratch that! Dara get a good grip of yourself. He's still a stranger. Your husband, yes, but still a stranger. Remember what omma always tells you..don't talk to strangers but in this case don't trust strangers. That's right, one lesson learned. "I know that it's ready, I can smell it. Come on open the pot and you'll see that I'm right." Dara insisted for the fourth time now. One hand rubbing her nose, she crunched her face and faced her husband. "And will you stop flicking my nose. It hurts."

Just like a rabbit. He ignored her last remark and flicked her nose again, earning another semi glare from the irritated wife. "Sit down. I'm an expert in this okay? My best friend loves this stuff so smooch will you calm down and sit over there." Jae placed his hands over her shoulders and turned her around towards the dining table. He leaned a little closer and whispered. "Go on." He gave her a little push and smiled in satisfaction when she finally followed him.

Dara immediately moved towards the closest chair, sat down and stared at the white table cloth. She rubbed her face with her hands hoping for the warmth to subside.

She's blushing. And she hates it.

She hates that he have this effect on her. She's 26 for pete's sake. She's no longer a high school student who blushes everytime her crush turns her way. And he's not even her type. But his closeness, every time his hot breath brushes her skin, tingling her in the process, never fails to make her face hot.

Why is he affecting me this way? Is it because I've been single for years now? I'm rusty. I'm no longer experienced, that's why! Dara thought while tracing circles on the table. Her stomach's already growling, she's that famished. She haven't eaten anything since lunc and she can feel her energy level dropping another notch which screams danger. She can't afford to pass out, not when her idol husband's around. She stole a quick glance towards Jae then gave the camera her full attention. She leaned closer and whispered while pouting and rubbing her empty stomach. "I'm hungry." She took another glance towards the kitchen then said in a hurried and hushed tone. "He can't cook ramen."

Jae can't help but smile when he caught Dara's dorky antics. He carefully transferred the ramen in two bowls. I can't believe that I'm about to eat ramen after declaring that I hate this stuff. He thought while creeping towards the unsuspecting Dara.

She placed both of her hands beside as if to cover them and said while looking straight at the camera lense. "I can cook better. Just ask Tamtamie."

"Prove it." Jae said making Dara jump from her seat while placing the bowls in front of the shocked wife. He flashed her a cheeky smile. "Ramen served."

Dara just rolled her eyes then pulled the ramen bowl closer towards her. She sniffed the steam coming from the bowl and smiled her first genuine smile of the night. "Looks really yummy, thank you smooch." Dara rewarded his culinary skills with another bright smile and started eating without waiting for Jae's reply.

Jae managed a nod, he was caught off guard with her smile and the not-forced-smooch-calling. He mentally kicked himself for being momentarily stricken by his friend's girl and started focusing on eating his ramen. They continued eating in absolute silence, he was surprised that he too was busy satisfying his hunger that they didn't even try to have any conversation.

Dara finished her ramen in a flash and smiled in satisfaction. She glanced up and caught Jae blowing his ramen before eating. What a weird guy. "Thanks for the ramen again." Dara said the moment Jae put down his chopsticks.

Jae smiled, "You're welcome smooch but I want a proper thank you."

Proper thank you? "Okay..you want me to cook ramen next time?" She asked standing to put the bowls in the sink.

Jae followed her and smirked. I'm a genius "No. Can I have a smooch now? My sweet little smooch?"

Dara froze and almost dropped the bowls if not for Jae's quick reflex. "What?" She asked stammering and hoping that she heard him wrong.

Jae grinned and said in a deep y voice. "Can I have my smooch now? I want my smooch as thank you for the ramen."

Think Dara. Think. Dara thought while moving back, avoiding the approaching Jae. Then she stopped walking and faced the surprised Jae with a smile.

She's really going to kiss me? Jae thought rooted on the spot with Dara's unexpected reaction. He gulped when she moved closer.

I know what you're doing mister I'm gonna beat your sorry in your own game. You wanna play? I'll play your game. Just you wait. Ssantoki's on. Dara thought while stopping right in front of the grinning Jae. She leaned closer just a little until she could smell his faint perfume. "You already have me, I'm your smooch right?" She let the words sink in before turning around to wash the dishes.Dara - 1; Jae- 0. Success!

Jae stared at Dara's back with an unreadable expression. His heart was frantically beating, he really thought for a moment that Dara would really kiss him. You out wit me my little wife. But that wont happen again. "Need help?" He asked standing beside her.

"No." Dara replied while furiously scrubbing the bowls.

"Okay," He said then walked towards the couch. "I hope yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter