SEVENTEEN

We Got Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                                                    CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

“You are 5 minutes late.” Jae Joong greeted Hyun Joong with a frantic expression. “We have to hurry we barely have an hour left.” He hissed as he hastily dragged his half confused and half irritated friend through a crowd dominated by the non other than the opposite .

“Ya!” Hyun Joong yelled as he tried to free himself from Jae Joong's death grip. “Stop dragging me around I can walk.”

But the nervous groom ignored his friend and continued to make his way towards the microphone. Cheers and thundering applause filled the hotel garden. He smirked at his friend before grabbing the microphone with his free hand. “Hello everyone. Thank you for answering my distress call. And as promised, I together with my friend Hyun Joong will perform two songs for you ladies and some gentlemen.” Then he turned to whisper in Hyun Joong's ear. “Please sing one song Hyun Joong-ah, I'll pay you back in any way.”

“You better keep your word.” He murmured back before flashing a bright smile which gained screams from the audience. “Hello.” He greeted the over excited fans with a bow. “Sorry for appearing in my casual clothes, my friend here the nervous groom called me a while ago for an emergency. I thought that something terrible happened turns out he just needed someone to help with his wedding. So here I am in my sweat pants ready to sing you a song.” He smiled and started to sing his rendition of Proposal.

Jae Joong kept a smile on his face as he did a quick survey of the garden. They still need tables, flowers for the table center pieces, chairs and of course something to cover the sand to make his bride's walk towards him easier and pleasant. Hyun Joong will sing the congratulatory song whether he likes it or not and he will also serve as the MC. He counted the volunteers with his eyes and heaved a sigh of relief. More than a hundred people came. They are more than enough to help him turn the garden into a beach wedding hall. He can pull this off even if he have to slave Hyun Joong around. He thought just as the clueless victim handed him the microphone. It was his turn to sing but before that he whispered something into his ear that made the soon to be MC sigh deeply.

“You really have to pay me back for this.” He whispered back before disappearing into the hotel. Where's Tabi and Mickey when you need them? Why am I being slaved around alone? He thought as he went directly towards the managers office. He smiled at the flustered manager and offered a handshake. “Noona.”

She smiled back, fidgeting. “Hyun Joong-ssi what can I do for you?” 

His smile turned into a grin. “Can you please help me?”

“How?”

“Can you have your chefs prepare a dinner buffet for a hundred guest or so in 30 minutes?” He asked silently cursing Jae Joong for putting him in such an embarrassing situation.

“30 minutes?” She echoed as she looked over her shoulder to glance at her dumbfounded staff. “I am not sure Hyun Joong-ssi. We are currently hosting several events tonight..and this is..I don't know if we can accommodate your request in such a short notice.”

“Just a simple buffet will do noona. Please I really am asking for your help.” He said using his most pleading voice. Then an idea struck him which made him smile widely. “Of course Jae Joong-ssi will pay for everything by performing for your hotel for one day for free.” He bit the side of his lips to keep a straight face. Manager So's face started to change, in about a minute Hyun Joong knew that she would give in. How can she reject an offer so sinfully tempting?

“Well,” She said unable to keep her poker face. “That would be a good offer Hyun Joong-ssi but will Kim Jae Joong-ssi honor our deal?”

“Of course.” He replied with conviction. “This is for his wedding. I'm sure that he would want nothing but the best for his wife.” Jae Joong's fee is not a joke, a simple buffet in exchange for a one day performance will not do. “Are you going to accept noona? Kim Jae Joong's one day performance for a great buffet for a hundred people in 30 minutes and I think that it is only fair that you also make some of your staffs help in preparing the wedding venue?” He smiled while giving himself a pat on the back.

Manager So smiled and reached out a hand to seal the deal. “You have yourself a deal Kim Hyun Joong-ssi. I'll send out people to arrange the garden, I suppose you will need tables, chairs and other stuffs. Don't worry we will work on it.”

He smiled and shook her hand. “Thank you.”

Meanwhile, the clueless groom just finished his song when he spotted Hyun Joong's approahing figure. His frien

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter