ELEVEN

We Got Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Eleven


What is wrong with him? She thought while grabbing his shoulders to pull him up to his feet. "What are you doing?" She asked looking past him. Her voice sounded curt because she was caught off guard with his actions. It was the first time that a man, a gorgeous man that is, have ever dropped on his knees to ask her something completely unexpected after a very pleasant and sweet dinner.


Jae scoffed, her reaction clearly offended him. Here he was on his knees saying and feeling things that he wasn't even supposed to say nor feel in the first place only to be brushed off coldly. He expected her to be teary eyed with shock and gladness but once again his imagination failed him. Reality can be so cruel at times. Blood rushed to his face, warming his cheeks as he flushed in embarrassment and irritation. He even cooked for her and planned this event for her the least she could do was to pretend that she was touched with his gestures.


But instead of the loving gazes that he imagined she was looking at him like he just committed some gruesome crime. He rose and brushed the dust on his knees before silently walking back towards the table. He can feel Dara fidgeting behind him but he ignored her as he rummaged his bag for the mission envelop. He took a deep breath to compose himself before turning around to face his wife with a tight smile. Even though he can feel that she was feeling sorry he can't resist but make his irritation known.


"Here." He said handing her the mission envelop.


Dara accepted with the barest hint of hesitation. Are you mad smooch? She badly wanted to ask this but his stoned face made her say this instead. "What's this?"


He pulled one chair out and sat before answering. "The mission envelop."


"Oh." She just stood there looking at everywhere except Jae, unsure of what to do next.


"Open and read it." He said, waving his hands in front of her face.


Dara blinked and stammered. "Oh..ok." She hastily opened the envelop and read the cursive writings. 


Jae watched with a smirk as she read with her eyes growing wider and wider. She looked at Jae, the envelop raised up in the air. "What's the meaning of this? Are you telling me that we are not married yet?"


"Why are you yelling at me? I did not write that mission." He said grabbing the mission from her grip. "So what's your answer?"


"Huh?"


"Snap out of it smooch." He sighed and pulled her into the chair next to him. "What's your answer to my question? Are you going to marry me or not?"


Dara rolled her eyes at him and said. "Of course smooch." 


It was his turn to be shocked. How can she answer that fast? Did she even think about it? "Are you serious?"


She nodded and looked at the mission with narrowed eyes. "But how can they let us have our honeymoon when we are not even married yet?"


"I have no idea." He answered her with a relieved smile. He's not getting dumped on national television.



Dara sighed and looked at him with worried eyes. "The world has gone mad."


The next day 



PD Lim asked Dara to sit on the chair near the black canvass. It was time for the interview. She smiled and sat on her chair feeling nervous. She had little sleep last night knowing that today would be the interrogation day. With her hands tightly clasped on her lap she waited for the interview to start. 


"Dara-ssi are you ready?" A girl in her mid 30's asked with a shy smile.


Dara nodded. "Yes unnie."


"What was your first impression of your husband?"


"First impression." She said letting her memory go back to their very first meeting. "To be honest I was a bit disappointed because my husband was late. You see I was really excited when I found out that I will be joining the We Got Married family. Too excited that I scared my dongsaengs." She paused to laugh then continued. "I guess I was a little disappointed that when he arrived the level of my excitement and anitcpation already dropped. I think that it made me assume that my husband will be one of those only good for dating types, ones who can't handle commitments. A late guy never gives a good first impression." She said with a playful smile.


The PD smiled back, bobbing her head up and down to show her agreement. "Are you still disappointed?"


Dara blushed which earned giggles from the watching female staffs. "No."


"Why?" 


"Well." She covered her cheeks with her hands before whispering. "He's nice."


The PD's smile widened, it was hard to not like Dara she was just bursting with warm energy. She makes you feel like you know her all your life. "H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter