Best friend No Matter What

Our Love Story

 

Yunho was enjoying his teokbokki while watching his best friend BoA singing and dancing on stage.

Store owner- “Is that Boa?”

Yunho- “Ye ahjumma, that’s her. She just released her album; please give her a lot of love.”

Ahjumma – “Oh, after I close the store, I’ll buy her album. She’s a star now. I’m so proud of her. What about you? When are you going to debut?”

Yunho- “Ne, ahjumma? Debut? I had no idea when.” (looking very sad)

Ahjumma- “You’ll soon. You are a talented boy. She got in just a few months ahead of you, you’ll debut soon.”

After saying that, she walked away and come back with another bowl of teokbokki.

Ahjumma- “Have some more, this is free. Eat these and have strength. One day, you’ll shine so bright on stage; don’t worry.”

After finished his snack, Yunho thank the store owner for the teokbokki and walk to the dorm.

On the bus, while sitting alone; the words of teokbokki lady always pop in his mind.

“When are you going to debut? She’s a star now.”

Yunho was happy for BoA since she finally released her album. But today, he somehow feels different.

-Yunho’s POV-

BoA’s a star now. You’re just a trainee Jung Yunho. When are you going to make your debut? Do I have what it take to be a star?

 

After he arrived at his room, Yunho took a shower to clear his mind. While drying he’s drying his hair, his phone ring.

Yunho- “Bboa, what’s the matter?”

BoA- “Nothing, I just wanna call you. What are you doing, Yundol?”

Yunho- “I just arrived at the dorm, and took a shower. Aren’t you busy, Bboa?”

BoA- “I’m not that busy. Why do you sound so down? Are you ok?”

Yunho- “I’m fine, Boa~ya. Just tired from practice.”

BoA- “Come on, you know you can’t lie to me. Tell me what is bothering you?”

Yunho- “I’m really ok.”

BoA- “Oppa, I’m disappointed. You always share your worry and sadness with me but what now?”

Yunho- “Boa~yah, I’m tired. I wanna get some rest now. Talk to you later.”

BoA- “Araso oppa. Get some rest.”

 

-A few days later-

BoA is free today, so she went to the practice room when she heard some conversation.

Jaejoong- “Yunho, how is BoA sunbae these day?”

Yunho- “How am I supposed to know?”

Jaejoong- “Come on, you are her best friend. How can you don’t know?”

Yunho- “She’s a star now, Jaejoong~ah. Me, I’m just a trainee. We are in two different worlds.”

-BoA’s POV-

So that’s the reason, why he sounded so down a few days before. How can he feel like that?

-End of POV-

Jaejoong- “Hey you two are best friend; how can you say that? Boa isn’t someone like that.”

Yunho- “I know. But she’s too busy, to hang out with someone like me.”

Jaejoong- “Yeah, she may be busy. Cheer up dude.”

BoA- “Why is my Yundol sad? Who made you sad Yundol?” (She’s pretend as she didn’t hear anything.)

Jaejoong- “Annyeong, BoA.”

BoA- “Annyeong, Jaejoong.”

Jaejoong- “I forgot I have to do something, talk to you later Yunho. Annyeong.”

After Jaejoon left.

Yunho- “Boa, what are you doing here? Aren’t you busy?”

BoA- “What do you mean? I just miss you. I’m not busy to the point of not having time to hang out with my Yundol. I really miss you Yundol.” After she said that she gave Yunho a hug.

Yunho- “I also miss you Boa.”

BoA- “Oppa, I’m hungry. I want some teokbokki. Oppa, buy me some teokbokki.”

With a laugh, Yunho- “Yah, Kwon Boa. You’re a singer now and you ask a trainee like me to buy you teokbokki?”

BoA- “You are still my oppa right? So you will or not?”

Yunho- “My pleasure, let’s go.”

BoA- “Ahjumma, annyeonghaseyo. You remember me?”

Ahjumma- “Of course, I remember you. You’re BoA right?”

BoA- “I thought you forget me already.”

Ahjumma- “How can I forget you. Congrats on your debut. I even bought your album. Give me an autograph.”

Yunho- “Every day, when I come here; she always plays your song. You should be grateful.”

BoA- “Kamsamida ahjumma.”

Ahjumma- “I always tell people that Singer BoA always come to my store and eat my teokbokki as a trainee; and it helps my sale also. You two sit down, I’ll bring your teokbokki in a few minutes.”

While eating their delicious teokbokki, BoA decided to talk to Yunho about the conversation she heard earlier.

BoA- “Yundol, I don’t mean to eardrop but about your conversation with Jaejoong? Do you really feel that way?”

Yunho- “Nah, I was just kidding with him. Don’t worry about it Boa~yah.”

BoA- “Yundol, come on you know you can’t lie to me. I already sense something is wrong last time, but I decide not to ask further since you may be tired from practicing. Tell me Yundol or I’ll be angry.”

Yunho- “Mianhae Boa~yah, I should feel happy for you, I shouldn’t feel that way.”

BoA- “So is it why you sound so down last time?”

Yunho couldn’t say anything since he can’t lie to Boa. He just nod.

BoA- “Oppa, it is ok. I would feel the same way too if I were you. You’ve done nothing wrong. I’m at fault; I should call you more often.”

Yunho- “No Boa~yah, I know you’re busy don’t blame yourself.”

BoA- “Ok, so we are both at fault. Yundol, I just want you to know that no matter what; no matter what the other say; to me you are my best friend. A friend that I can’t find anywhere on earth.”

Yunho- “Thanks Boa~yah for these words.”

BoA-“Yunho, you are paying for these teobokki ok?”

Yunho- “Eat as much as you want.”

BoA- “I want teokbokki for a very long time already. Ahjumma’s teokbokki taste the best.”

Yunho- “As much as you want, my best friend Boa.”