Boy # 2

Finding You, You, You, You and You!!

Lunch was no doubt the best time of the day for Daehyun. It involved food and Youngjae. And today, he had made a new friend, and a cute one at that. 

"You're not from here, right? No way you can be in the city and be that pale." 
 
The said pale boy shyly nodded in all seriousness and Daehyun smiled at how cute he was. Somehow knowing that Daehyun had also transferred from Busan in the past, seemed to have made the younger feel at ease because he seemed much more comfortable. The tall boy revealed that his name was Junhong; he had just moved to Seoul and he was a second year transfer. Daehyun also told Junhong about himself, of course, minus the loving liking his best friend part. The boy had just opened up to him, Daehyun didn't want to freak him out.
 
But no sooner had Daehyun thought of him, Youngjae started to walk towards their table (tray in hand), prompting the latter to blink multiple times, making sure that he wasn't hallucinating. His friend's cheeks seemed to be shaded with a light hue of pink and his eyes appeared momentarily shocked at discovering Junhong. As he noted this, Daehyun inwardly did a double cartwheel because it meant his friend still remembered what had happened earlier.
 
"Junhong ah, meet Youngjae. He's a complicated fellow but he's still my friend. Youngjae, this is Junhong. He used to be the new kid who I was assigned to show around school but he's now my new friend. Isn't he cute?" 
 
Daehyun smiled because the two seemed to hit it off, well, right after Youngjae seemed to acknowledge Junhong's innocent cuteness. While they rambled about things, the oldest of the three focused on his food, only lifting his head now and then to nod or answer a question directed at him. As much as he loved Youngjae and thought of Junhong as a loveable cutie, Daehyun's first love was food.
 
It was the fourth time the brunette raised his head and now, the pale boy with blue and blond hair was excitedly chattering away about his skateboard. Daehyun admired his enthusiasm, although the boy's spontaneity, was still a debatable trait.
 
"You guys seem really close and Daehyun hyung seems to really care for you, Youngjae hyung." Junhong had finished his food and had just opened his bag of cherry tomatoes.
 
"Of course. I'm his best friend and he loves me." 
 
The inclusion of a certain word made Daehyun's entire body tingle and his face turn as red as the tomato Junhong was munching on. Eager to avoid Youngjae's eyes, Daehyun looked around the room for any form of distraction. To his surprise, he spotted another pale boy with just as deep a blush as him and Daehyun wondered if the boy with the giant gummy smile was the reason. Daehyun also noticed how a third boy at that same table, was shooting looks of death in the direction of his table, particularly aimed at Daehyun.
 
The boy could confidently say that his red face wasn't worthy of that much hate!!! And besides, was it his fault that his face and the rest of his body for that matter, was not listening to his head?
 
The brunette slightly frowned at the other male before turning his attention back to his food, his one and only savior. The heavenly cake melted into tiny bits while its frosting warmed his whole mouth with sweet tenderness. It was almost as good as.....
 
Despite the glares from that boy and in spite of his bright red face, Daehyun smiled. Lunch was definitely his favorite.