# 3

Finding You, You, You, You and You!!

Boy # 3

He nervously bit his lip and awaited his turn. It was too soon; the list went by too quickly—he wasn't prepared. Indeed, before he could fully prepare himself, he was in his seat and SCUTA was in full session. Nearly half the class had already presented and now it was his turn. The project for everyone? To capture and recreate the different dynamics of love. 
 
He sighed and tried to calm his shaking leg. He heard his name being called but he didn't move. He couldn't bring himself to move.  He heard his partner get up, the tap on his shoulder serving as his own cue. Then, he hesitantly forced his body to follow the other boy to the front. Ms. Noh raised her eyebrow, half in anticipation, half in annoyance. 
 
"Well...?"
 
His partner was quicker in responding as he was still too nervous to do anything. 
 
"Jongup and I...we also prepared a...song like the previous group." 
 
At the mention of his name, the said boy looked over at his partner, who gave him an encouraging smile. Jongup's knees felt like they would kneel any second and his throat was extremely parched all of a sudden. And worst of all, he didn't feel Junhong's gaze on him. Somehow, in the midst of all his preparations, he had found himself hoping for Junhong's undivided attention. 
 
But just like all the things that I—
 
"Psst...Jongup....psst...yah!...get your self together!" 
 
Jonghyun's arm pulled him ever so slightly and Jongup nervously started to say his part. 
 
"Jongup and I....I mean, Jonghyun and I will do a double stage with songs that we wrote ourselves." 
 
Three minutes later, Jonghyun was confidently belting out, fully aware of his talent. Jongup had to admit his partner looked surprisingly better than himself. He silently started clearing his throat, anticipating the end. Then, when it was his turn, he tuned out everything else and started to sing. 
 
"Did you hurt a lot? Were you really exhausted?
Did I make things hard for you?
Only used to receiving love, I think I only knew myself
I know your heart, I know it too
I know your love but I guess it’s not for me
This is what my heart tells me to do, 
so it hurts even more
Even though I love you, I must break up with you
I’m grateful and sorry at the same time that you loved me
I lack so much so please forgive me for leaving you
lala lalillalil lala lalillalil lala lalillalil~la~a..."
 
Jongup nervously looked around, his earlier self gone and doubt resurfacing in its place. He never looked in the side of classroom where Junhong was, keeping his gaze steadily fixed on Ms. Noh. 
 
"Well then...Jongup, Jonghyun, I believe these were written by you two?"
 
"Yes. We wrote our own parts."
 
Jongup let his partner answer the question as he quietly took his seat next to Junhong. While performing, he had been so intent on his song and not messing up that Jongup didn't catch Junhong's eyes widen and the latter's body cringe ever so slightly. And now, as he sat – his eyes, still staring straight – Jongup once again failed to see the questioning gaze that remained in Junhong's eyes. 
 

Guest # 3

He bit his nails and kept his head down. He was already nervous being so close to Jongup after Saturday and now, he had to worry about having to perform in front of so many–especially Jongup. To top of it all, Junhong's turn was coming up and he couldn't find his lyrics.
 
"Did you hurt a lot? Were you really exhausted?
Did I make things hard for you?~~...."
 
Jongup...
 
It was the song as much as it was the voice that instantly made Junhong stop his searching and look up. He mentally shook his head. 
 
No way...
 

A/N: The song Jongup sings is "What my heart tells me to do" by BAP.