-1 + 3 = 2

Finding You, You, You, You and You!!

A/N: First off, apologies for being slow with the update. Thanks for the comments, guys!!  I'm kind of in a rush now, so I won't be able to address them directly but I did read them (with a big smile). 

I am making up for the delay by posting a long one and there is also this thing I did (I don't know what to call it). I wonder if you guys can spot my references while you're reading. All I can say is, timing is key XP. Hahaha, it's kind of stupid. 

Anyways, let me know what you guys think of the story or chapter or whatever in the comments section~ (You can also yell at me for being stupid with the mini I-spy thingy ^^)

Danke Shaun for all the comments and subscriptions!!! 

Love,

So Min~


Boy # 1

In SCUTA [An Hour before]

I wonder if there are any squirrels with broken teeth. How do they break? What happens to the squirrels without any teeth? And what if rabbits also had broken teeth? And wha

"Ahem" Himchan stopped his daydreaming and stared at the woman before him. Since she was short, he could see that behind her, the rest of the class was watching him too. Did I blurt something out loud? Wait...Did she ask me a question? Probably. What could her question be~? 

"From the look of pure confusion on your face, Mr. Himchan, it looks like I'll have to repeat myself. Again." The boy could practically taste Ms. Noh's distaste for him by the way she emphasized each word and rolled her eyes at the same time. "I asked, how your project was going? It's due in a week but I'm sure you know that."

Himchan tried to make his voice as earnest as possible. He didn't need Ms. Noh asking any more questions and if she believed him, he would be able to spend the rest of the class peacefully. "Of course, Ms. Noh." 

He noticed how his teacher seemed a bit surprised at his calm and collected response before she nodded, "I'll be expecting, Himchan ssi." Even though his outward expression remained the same, Himchan had long started panicking. 

Of course I didn't know it was due in a week!! When did you tell us? Wait, does everyone else know? Does that Yongguk know? Has that been doing any work at all? 

Once Ms. Noh started moving her interrogation to another boy, Himchan was free to steal a glance at his stupid partner's direction. Yongguk was intently writing in his notebook and Himchan prayed that it was for their project. He wouldn't know what the other was up to, of course since they hadn't really talked all day. Himchan had taken the bus, again, in the morning and even during lunch, Yongguk hadn't showed up. So the pale boy had spent the period with Jongup and his pale new friend, Junhong—which wasn't a very pleasant experience.

Being the eldest and the most outgoing of the three, Himchan had tried to get to know the new boy – especially since Jongup seemed to like him so much – but the other had kept his responses short and terse. In fact, the older could swear that during certain moments, he found Junhong silently observing and examining almost every inch of his face and body. And if that wasn't weird enough, when Himchan saw and asked Daehyun to come eat with them, Junhong became even colder to him. The younger boy's behavior made Himchan confused and frustrated—only one other person ever did that to him. Himchan unconsciously turned his gaze to Yongguk as he started to mentally rant; everything he could never say to the other out loud.

So you're not even going to talk to me now, is that it? Yongguk? Fine. I don't need you either. I'm tired of always having to cater to your mood swings. And I don't even know why you have them!!! Yes, you give me rides to school and also, supposedly because of you, I don't get bullied or bothered for being gay. But, you have tons of flaws too. Like your mood swings and when we're in your car, you don't let me open the windows. And because you are so scary, I don't even get have many friends! You are blunt and stupid and you only care about sleeping and making me frustrated. I bet you made me your partner just so you could make me miserable but guess what? I'm not going to fall for it. No, mister!! 

Himchan continued to rant in his head while peering at Yongguk's side when he saw the other momentarily stop writing. Yongguk's head, previously dropped low, suddenly perked up and he started nodding. And then, just when things couldn't get any weirder, Himchan saw his friend ex-friend briefly turn in his direction. Though he felt his heart rate quicken, Himchan kept his cool and in the most natural way, pretended to be looking at Daehyun, the boy next to Yongguk. Thankfully, the said boy caught Himchan's gaze too and brightly smiled back. Thank bejeesus for Daehyun!! 

When Yongguk reverted back to his notebook and whatever useless stuff he had on there, Himchan started to work on his own notes. Again, even though Himchan looked fine, he was ecstatic on the inside. He had just proven to Yongguk that he could and did have other people to focus on besides the loser. And this couldn't have happened if not for the tanned boy's excellent eyes that caught on so quickly. Himchan smiled into his notes. I have to treat Daehyun to food for having the best timing. 


Boy # 3

In the cafeteria [3 hours before]

Every so often, when Jongup would look up from his food, he would see Junhong's face in a slight frown. The older would then follow the younger's line of sight and see that it was none other than the oblivious Himchan hyung. 

Aww he's so cute being all jealous of Himchan hyung's friendship with Yongguk. Not that he needs to be since he's way better than that loser in every way. 

Jongup had been thinking and thinking about how to get Himchan hyung to spend some time with Junhong all night long, well, until 10 pm because that was when his mom turned out the lights. And today, the teen had literally skipped a little when he entered the cafeteria with Junhong and that the dreaded Yongguk wasn't latched on to Himchan. In fact, the said loser was nowhere near the vicinity which translated to being very good news for Jongup.

The brunette wasn't surprised to see how shy Junhong was in front of Himchan, only giving one or two word answers and avoiding the latter's eyes for the most part. Junhong wasn't like his Zelo at all in that aspect. Jongup's Zelo was confident and had such spunk that if it wasn't for his baby face, people would assume Jongup to be the younger of the two. In front of Zelo, the older boy could barely opened his mouth since the other was never quiet long enough that Jongup could say a sentence or two. To anyone else, it might've seemed overwhelming to deal with such an enthusiastic kid but Jongup didn't feel tired at all. He longed for Zelo's energy and he thrived under his big, doe-like eyes that gazed at him. After losing the younger, Jongup had tried to be energetic and recreate the same sense of enthusiasm -he had continued to smile even though it hurt his cheeks- but it wasn't the same.

"So, how's school so far? How come you're so pale? I think you're like the only other boy in the whole school that's as pale as me! Oh, and you are in our SCUTA class right? You are a second year?" Jongup heard Himchan ask in one breath and the younger smiled at his hyung. Even though he spoke low, Junhong's higher pitched voice contrasted starkly with Himchan's raspy tone and Jongup easily heard him.

"It's good. I don't why I'm so pale. Yes, I'm in SCUTA too. Yes, I'm a second year."

Junhong made sure to use as little words as possible while also answering each of the questions addressed to him. Jongup thought that his eccentric manner only added to the latter's charm and he hoped that Himchan thought so too. 

Hyung, isn't he super cute? And he's interesting too! Much more than that loser you always talk about.

Never once did Junhong look up from his plate to answer Himchan so it was only Jongup that caught the latter's frown. But it wasn't because Himchan was angry or offended. Jongup knew that his hyung was simply confused at the boy's demeanor and had probably expected a much friendlier reaction. After an additional minute of silence, Junhong was still either eating his food or giving Himchan looks that Jongup wasn't sure about. Then, it was Jongup who started clearing his throat as he attempted to initiate part one of his plan. But of course, he saw that Himchan's attention was directed somewhere else. 
 
Aish, he seriously has such a short attention span. Who is he looking at now? It better not be that Yongguk. Who-
 
"You're eating alone?" Himchan asked in a friendly voice while looking up at Daehyun and patting the seat. Jongup didn't know how Himchan knew the other but he didn't care. He made sure to keep his face as unfriendly as possible while he glared at the other brunette, currently taking a seat. Jongup had also stolen a glance at Junhong and noticed how the younger's face momentarily got brighter before returning back to the earlier state. 
 
The audacity of the boy. Doesn't he have his own table with that other boy? Hmm..I guess Junhong isn't too pleased to see you either! Hahaha.
 
"Hey Junhong ah. Jongup goon" Daehyun nodded to each boy even though the two remained unresponsive. Himchan looked at Daehyun with a puzzled look and the latter quickly explained how he knew both the boys. Jongup noticed how the brunette slyly avoided mentioning his dislike for Jongup but made sure to say how close he was to Junhong. When Daehyun spoke again, it was a question and it was directed to Jongup and Junhong.
 
"So, are you guys excited about SCUTA?"
 
SCUTA? REALLY? Jongup scoffed to himself because he knew what Daehyun was trying to do. The boy was trying to bring up a common topic so he could get friendlier with everyone. He was trying to get closer to Junhong and he was trying to appear harmless to Jongup. But the latter wasn't buying it and it seemed like neither did Junhong. Both of them said a curt "No" at the same time and that was the end of the talk.
 
It was great to see Junhong unintentionally siding with Jongup and the latter could almost kiss the younger for being so. Jongup didn't really care that Himchan frowned a little or that Daehyun seemed a bit taken back. Instead, he followed Junhong's suit and just quietly ate his food.
 
 
And that's the wrap to your unfortunate attempt to start a conversation.Take that, Jung PoopDaehyun. That's what you get for trying to act all chummy when you don't even know us. That's what you get for ruining my plan!
 
Jongup shook his head. That Daehyun kid seriously had the worst, absolute timing.

Boy # 2
 
End of School [ Current Time]
 
"Ok. I'll be expecting big things next week. Especially from our repeat guests: Jonghyun, Himchan and Yongguk!!" Ms. Noh's voice bellowed over the school bell and her choice of words made Daehyun snicker. Unfortunately, the boy failed to see that he was very loud and that someone was not pleased with him. That someone was now glaring at him menacingly and Daehyun immediately shut up. He needed to be on good terms with Yongguk not only for his plan but also because he valued his life.
 
"I-I was laughing because of her voice since it's so annoying~ And you know not because of what she said about repeating the course and you. That's just so messed up to say"
 
Daehyun was always praised for his ability to readily fuel his arguments with lies that somehow managed to be convincing. He hoped that those praises were genuine and that Yongguk would just let this go. It wasn't even that big of a deal, to be honest and it was kind of funny. Just kind of.
 
What wasn't funny was what Daehyun heard afterwards. The voice came from the back of his head but the brunette didn't need to turn around to know who it was.
 
 "I'm glad that you find my 'annoying' voice so 'funny,' Daehyun ssi. I am sure you wouldn't mind cleaning the board, arranging the desks and cleaning the classroom. And just so I may also clue in on this joke, submit a three page paper on just what aspects of my voice make you laugh out so much."
 
Crap. crap. Is this what Youngjae meant when he said 'stuck between a rock and a hard place' ?? If Yongguk's stare is the rock then Ms. Noh is definitely the hard place. How am I going to do all this and go home in time to write this paper?? And without Youngjae's help!! Damn it.
 
Yongguk was still staring at Daehyun, unfazed by everything that had just happened. In fact, the boy only broke his gaze when Ms. Noh directly addressed the older, "I was serious, Mr. Yongguk. I don't know why you failed the course when you were getting A's all year but I'm expecting good, quality work next week. I'm hoping your skills will rub off on Mr. Himchan."
 
Daehyun watched as their teacher packed the last of her belongings and started heading out. Just as she neared the door, she turned around, "Yongguk ssi, unless you intend on helping Mr. Jung and submitting a paper too, I suggest you start heading out too."
 
As if he had finally gained consciousness, Yongguk hurriedly grabbed his stuff and left without a look back. Daehyun knew not to expect much or anything from the other boy, but the way Yongguk abandoned him, was still hurtful. Ms. Noh was holding the door open when she spoke again, "Daehyun ssi, don't forget. Paper. Tomorrow. Single-spaced. And I will inform the janitors that you will be here so don't even think about leaving." 
 
And then, there was only the unluckiest of them all, Jung Daehyun, left in the classroom. All alone. Three pages. Single-spaced? I've really made it on her death list, haven't I? I bet I've reached Himchan's level if not surpassed it. Nice going.
 
Daehyun started to pick up the scraps of paper lying around the room and half-heartedly arranging the seats back. He knew that Ms. Noh was infamous for being cold and unforgiving but he really hoped that she was just kidding about everything before. He hoped that she would open the door again and tell him to just go home. He would apologize sincerely because it wasn't like he really was making fun of her and that would be the end of this. As twenty minutes passed, Daehyun realized that such things only happened in sappy movies and he figured that he might as well get the work done.
 
Amidst the noises from the moving of desks and chairs while he swept the floor, the boy didn't notice that another pair of hands were also cleaning the boards and sanitizing the tables. It was only when he got up to stretch his previously crouched back that Daehyun saw him. And it wasn't the friendly janitor either.
 
"What are you doing?" Daehyun asked disinterestedly.
 
"Are you almost done? I bet I can sweep faster than you." Youngjae tried to grab the broom from Daehyun's hand but the latter pulled away.
 
"How'd you know I was here?" Daehyun countered with another question while also taking a step back.
 
The slightly younger boy didn't seem fazed at all by Daehyun's attitude towards him and acted as if nothing had changed between them. "Other than the fact that you're my best friend? Hmm I overheard Ms. Noh talking to the janitor."
 
Daehyun sighed as he started to bend down again. "Were."
 
At last, the other's voice changed and Youngjae was suddenly solemn when he spoke. "Daehyu-" 
 
The said boy absentmindedly started sweeping the other half of the room again. "You were my best friend. You were a lot of things for me, Youngjae. Now you're just a nosy boy and you should leave because I'm too tired."
 
If Daehyun had bothered to look up, he might have seen how Youngjae's face dropped completely at his words. He might've noticed that the other's eyes were enveloped in a layer of salty water and his lips were in a quiver. If he didn't have his back turned, the boy might have seen Youngjae's arms busily wiping away the tears as the latter walked out of the room and the trail of tears that became quickly absorbed into the floor.  
 
Except Daehyun never did have the perfect timing.  

Did you guys see what I did there? Did ya? Did ya? Sorry. I can be stupid. v_V

Please look forward to the next update~ 

Thanks for reading !!