Boy # 2

Finding You, You, You, You and You!!

------------------§-----------------

Next day (Sunday)

Boy # 2

Daehyun's hands felt like two mushed up fruits and his head was like a two ton wrecking ball but it wasn't all Jongup's fault. In fact, more than Jongup's punch, it was Daehyun's own fall to the floor that did more damage to his body. Of course, he had been too caught up in everything to notice and his body was now revealing all its bruises. 

He tried to look for the clock or his watch but finding neither, decided to look for his phone instead. Daehyun groaned as he saw the screen. It was 3:45 pm and he had six texts and thirteen missed calls. Without realizing, a sigh of relief left his mouth when he saw that there were no voicemails. Youngjae hated texting and always called so the missed calls were definitely from his mom and Youngjae. Even though he didn't feel like reading the texts, he hated the thought of moving from his bed even more, so he opened the first text from Junhong. 
 
Junhong said he was sorry for leaving early yesterday and asked about Daehyun's eye. The latter frowned slightly since Junhong's name reminded him of the younger's last words yesterday...and Youngjae. 
 
Daehyun scrolled to the next one. It was Himchan hyung asking if he was really, really dating Junhong or not and to share the full story on Monday. The next one was Himchan again. This time, the older boy apologized for the brashness of his earlier text and asked about the younger's eye. Daehyun smiled a little at this funny hyung. 
 
But his smile quickly turned into a puff of air from the surprise he felt when he saw the next text and the two after that. They were from Youngjae. His fingers roamed over the other boy's name – his curiosity reaching the same level as his anxiety – and finally, he pressed open. 
 
Youngjae's first text revealed that he had received a call from Daehyun's mom and he had told her that her son was hurt from running into a wall so he just wanted to rest alone. A light chuckle escaped Daehyun's lips. One would think that the self proclaimed genius would come up with a better excuse. The second text was short and simply asked if he was okay. Daehyun didn't know if Youngjae asked because he got another call from Mrs. Jung or if he really was concerned. Nonetheless, the bruised boy couldn't help feel a bit warmed at the gesture. In the final text, the younger asked why Daehyun had been closed up in his room for half the day and also announced that he was coming over to visit.  
 
Daehyun blinked. He re-read the last text and then, checked the time. It was sent an hour ago. He languidly pulled his legs off the bed and headed out the room. The boy found himself getting anxious while he continued down the stairs because the voice he was hearing wasn't Youngjae's.
 
"After you....your father....mother....whole family...I just....my perfectly normal son...."
 
Mr Jung a.k.a Daehyun's father was practically shaking from the apparent anger he was feeling. His speech was practically laced with hatred which made his words very hard to understand. But even from the stairs, Daehyun could clearly sense the lack of warmth in the man's voice. He bitterly smiled to himself. A man like his father never had compassion, not for his own family or anyone else. Daehyun took another step; he was almost at the end of the stairs but still his father didn't see him. But Daehyun saw. He saw that the recipient of his father's tirade was Youngjae.  
 
"After you....your father....whole family.....my perfectly normal son...just get the hell out of my house!"
 
Not caring that his swollen eye blurred his vision or that his whole body felt foreign to him, Daehyun stormed towards the two. 
 
"What do you think you're doing?!?"
 
Mr. Jung seemed unfazed, his gaze now turning to Daehyun. The boy watched as his father scoffed, "Well, now you're manly, huh? Listen, I don't want this 'boy' here in my house. Nothing good is going to—"
 
Daehyun saw the way Youngjae cringed at his father's tone when he said 'boy' and words started leaving his mouth faster than he could comprehend. 
 
 "It's not your house, Grandma left it in my name...please don't pretend to care, you're going to make me vomit...why don't you just do what you're best at and ignore everything that doesn't suit you!!" 
 
His father's fist clenched and his entire body slightly shook but the boy knew that he wouldn't hit. Not after last time. As predicted, his father looked at him once more while Daehyun stared right back with equal spite. Then, unclenching his fist, the man turned away and went out the front door. 
 
From his non-swollen eye, Daehyun looked over to Youngjae and suddenly regretted not having both eyes bruised. Daehyun was a pretty fearless boy but Youngjae's teary eyes always scared him to no ends and he hated the sight. He had hated it from the first time that they had met and Youngjae had been crying. Now, two years later, Daehyun found that he hated it even more. He turned away and started heading back up the stairs. 
 
"Daehyun...I..."
 
"You'd think to let the owner of the house know before entering the house–"
 
"Sorry, I still had the key. I–"
 
Daehyun heard the instant jingle of keys. He pictured Youngjae taking them out without any hesitation and felt his own frustration rise. The bruised teen was still on the third stair, his back turned to Youngjae and his feet refusing to move any further. Daehyun hated the way his body stayed glued in that spot even as he desperately wished to escape to his room. He hated the way he wasn't even brave enough to turn around and look at Youngjae. But most of all, he hated the way he broke his own vow by letting a tear escape his eye and fall on his dry cheek.
 
"You used to never take his crap, you didn't used to care about what that man said. You always fought back but...you just let him win today. You just stood there...like a helpless...a wounded duck...a-and let his words get to you...you...I...guess you really did c-change." 
 
For the second time that day, the younger didn't act like himself and Daehyun didn't hear the other argue back. Only the light shuffle of feet was heard followed by the door opening. Then, it closed and Daehyun was alone. Again.