Boy # 1

Finding You, You, You, You and You!!

Boy # 1

Himchan was pretty sure of a lot of things. One, the coffee in front of Yongguk was still untouched and probably cold. Second, Yongguk never came outright public areas, heck that was why Himchan could never go to the amusement park right? So, that left only one explanation, Himchan's question was more of a statement.  

"You came to check up on me...?"

To the younger's annoyance, Yongguk kept his face expressionless and his tone icy. "Don't flatter yourself."
 
Himchan smiled to himself even though he sensed that the playful Yongguk was gone again and the boy was having one of his frequent mood swings.
 
Who was he kidding? I am his best friend. 
 
 "It's okay, Yongguk. You don't need to keep denying your heart~~" 
 
The raven haired boy scooted his chair closer and playfully placed his arms around Yongguk's thick neck. He hoped that perhaps, for once, he could be the one teasing and Yongguk would return to normal again. 
 
Instantly, the other roughly stood up and whacked Himchan's hands away. The way he stepped back and shot a glare at the younger seemed as if Himchan's hands had been acidic and burning his skin. Yongguk huffed and puffed out air; if it was cold enough, Himchan might've been able to see the anger in each breath. Even though he was a bit startled, he was unwilling to be the one who lost, like every other time.
 
Himchan refused to yield again so he rolled his eyes confidently, "Oh please. Yongguk it's so obvious that you're here to see me," the pale boy smirked as he thought of the perfect punch, "I wasn't going to say this but...you hate crowds like Jongup. You hate a lot of noise and you are not into anything much besides your ramyun...so, what are you doing here, Yongguk? On a Saturday?"
 
To his surprise, the other boy was only momentarily still before he scoffed in his usual arrogant way, "Kim Himchan, you're really clueless you know that?" 
 
"Eh—"
 
Himchan watched as Yongguk called out a name and a familiar boy started walking their way. As soon as he was within reach, Yongguk pulled him close and passionately kissed the surprised boy. 
 
Yongguk hates displaying affection in public. Hell, he didn't even hold hands with his girlfriend whenever they were in public. The only one close enough was me. Only to me would Yongguk sometimes hug out of nowhere or mess up my hair. I–I–
 
Himchan stared first in disbelief and then in pain. Even worse, Yongguk made sure to emphasize each word as he spoke, "Himchan, this is my boyfriend whom I came to see. Not you. Isn't he cute?"
 
To his further dismay, the awfully familiar boy let out a small smile and nodded as if in acknowledgment. "Kim Himchan ssi, hi. I'm Yoo Youngjae. It's so nice to meet you even though it was kind of awkward before"
 
Himchan hated to admit it but the other was kind of cute and he couldn't help but muster a short nod back. Yongguk's hand went up to Youngjae's lips and he shook his head. Himchan felt like the rest of his earlier lunch was rumbling inside of him from the level of affection Yongguk was showing. "Don't apologize, Youngjae ah. Himchan's used to seeing things like that by now. He's gay too and he is not as innocent as he looks. Not like you."
 
Ok. That hurt. That really hurt. 
 
From that one comment of Yongguk, Himchan felt even worse than the time he had the flu and laryngitis together. If it wasn't for the sad fact that by now, Himchan had subconsciously built up some fort of protection from words like these, he might've just crumbled right there. He wanted to make a comeback, to show that he wasn't hurt by comments like those, to show that Yongguk didn't matter to him but alas, Himchan found that he couldn't. It was like a big ugly lump of super glue had lodged itself in Himchan's throat and was refusing to come out. The only response he could give was to smile and so, Himchan smiled like he had just been announced as the lottery winner.
 
Not even five minutes had passed and Himchan hated how his self control was running dangerously thin. He needed to leave in the most natural way possible because any minute now, the pain might begin to show on his face and then, Yongguk would probably have a damn party over it with his new boyfriend. Himchan found himself wishing for Jiho to appear but just like all the times he wished for a miraculous saving from a prince, his boyfriend was nowhere to be found. Desperate, Himchan nonchalantly looked around the room because honestly, it hurt too much to see the couple in front of him. And even though Youngjae seemed like a nice guy, just seeing him with Yongguk made Himchan grow increasingly wary of him. And that wasn't fair. So the best option was to just distract himself until he could convince his heart to beat over something else. 
 
Bingo
 
The pale boy found himself smiling, way too brightly as his eyes set on another figure. He didn't know if it was because he was actually glad or if he was just trying to convince himself to be glad. Either way, he had found his route of escape and it was someone he never thought it would be. The other boy had looked familiar from the start but now, Himchan knew for sure who it was. So mustering his best friendly voice, Himchan called out while waving, "Daehyun~~ Jung Daehyun~" 
 
The said boy stopped in his tracks and seemed to sort out his thoughts for a minute or two before finally turning around and lugging his body towards the table. Himchan thanked the heavens for making his voice so loud and for making Daehyun so nice.  
 
Interestingly, Himchan had his eyes so intent on Daehyun that he didn't catch the way Yongguk stared painfully at him and how Youngjae understandingly gave Yongguk's hand a friendly squeeze. Himchan had also been too oblivious before to catch the exchange of looks that occured between Yongguk and Youngjae right after the kiss. It was no surprise that Himchan also didn't notice how both of them stiffened at the mention of the fourth boy's name.
 
No, Himchan didn't see any of that because he was just over the moon at having found a distraction. Hopefully, Daehyun would be able to distract Himchan long enough that the latter's heart would tug and pull at the sight before him. 
 
Finally, Daehyun stood in front of the three and Himchan saw how the tanned boy kept his eyes strictly on him. His gaze was a bit strong so Himchan quickly patted the seat next to him and said, "Guys, this is Daehyun. I mean, Yongguk knows but do you know each other, Youngjae? Daehyun is also in the same grade as you and he's in our SCU—"
 
"Hyung"