Boy # 1

Finding You, You, You, You and You!!

 

-------------------§-----------------
Next day (Sunday)
Boy # 1
 
Himchan wakes with a groan because his bladder is booming out of his body; like two separate entities, they refuse to make peace with each other and in the midst, torture the boy to no ends. He curses loudly—first at himself (for drinking so much) and then at Yongguk (for being the reason behind) before he proceeds to pick his languid body off the bed. Still in a daze, he heads to the bathroom, his feet refusing to move faster than the few wobbly steps he manages. Because all the liquid from yesterday is yearning for a way out, Himchan hastily positions himself in front of the toilet–ready for release–when he finds his hand take longer than usual in undoing his pants. Then, he realizes that he is in a bunny costume. Well, technically, it is his bunny costume but he hasn't worn it in a while and the only reason he had bought it was as a joke to Yongguk. After taking care of his bladder and also cleaning himself up a little, Himchan finds that now, along with his bladder, his stomach is also empty. In fact, he is starving so he decides to head to the kitchen–still clad in his bunny suit, which somehow manages to comfort Himchan. Yongguk is already up–completely hogging the couch–and a giant grin is on his face despite the rather serious sounding program on TV. Himchan merely takes a glance at the other boy before rummaging through the fridge and cabinets–he is too hungry to be concerned about anything else.
 
In a bowl of cereal, Himchan finds his salvation and he happily gulps down the entire thing in a second's time. He fills up another bowl and this time, decides to actually sit down before eating. The boy, his raven hair now disheveled and his already small eyes even smaller, scrunches his face while he thinks. He is not sure if it is a good idea to approach Yongguk and whether or not he should change into something other than what he is wearing now when he does it. He takes a breath as he grabs the bowl of freshly filled milk and cereal and heads over to the living room. Himchan knows it is of no use to try and remember yesterday's occurrences since he has never been able to recall them so while taking a seat on the floor of the room, he places the cereal in front of him and says, "Morning." 
 
The boy on the couch briefly turns his attention to Himchan and nods in reply–his face still wearing a slight grin. Himchan focuses on his spoon, filling it to the brim with milk and cereal then emptying it and repeating the cycle as he speaks, "by the way...why...am I in my bunny suit?" He instantly regrets asking the stupid question and scolds himself for being so selfish. How was Yongguk supposed to know everything that happened in his life and wasn't that exactly what Himchan had complained to Yongguk about? The younger anxiously awaits Yongguk's reply, fully expecting the bitterness and disdain but is instead met with a nonchalant shrug.
 
"Maybe because I told you that it is my favorite?" 
 
Himchan notices that the ends of Yongguk's lips are still raised. Thinking back on it, he can't deny that the bunny suit owed its existence to Yongguk; Himchan had bought it after Yongguk had expressed interest in it, he had worn it for the first time because Yongguk had insisted, he had kept wearing it because Yongguk always complimented him and he had kept the suit in his closet this whole time in hopes that Yongguk would ask for it again.
 
"I see you're all better today? Mr. Moody." 
 
"What? I'm not moody!" Yongguk counters back while making a face and Himchan starts to laugh because of the face Yongguk had just made and because it feels nice to have his friend back again. He had missed his best friend the past few days. Himchan can only continue to laugh as the said blonde frowns, "I am not moody though! Yah, Kim Himchan!"
 
"Ok, ok. I take back what I said. So..." Himchan takes a big spoonful of his now soggy cereal, "What happened yesterday?" Remembering the whole park and cafe incidents, he quickly adds, "I mean, after I went out with Jiho and his friends.." 
 
Yongguk seems unfazed by the reminder of the earlier occurring and if he was, Himchan wasn't able tell at all. "Well, you went way past your tolerance level again, I heard you broke your own record yesterday" 
 
Himchan, having gone to the kitchen for some more milk, mutters his reply into the fridge, "Whose fault is that?"
 
Yongguk, having heard Himchan's reply, also mumbles under his breath, "Who's asking who?" 
 
"What?" Himchan says as he re-enters the room–the bowl thoroughly refilled with milk–and takes his seat again. Himchan's biggest peeve is not knowing the entire story and usually always asks people to repeat the details so that he can fully comprehend them. Although people groan at Himchan, they still adhere to his request a.k.a. demand and diligently retell the said story–from the beginning to the end. Of course, the only exception to this was Yongguk.
 
Himchan can only sigh when the older boy brushes his request off yet again. He watches as Yongguk thoughtfully rubs his slightly stubbly chin, "I said when I opened the door, it was Jiho carrying you on his back."
 
"Did he also tuck me in?" Himchan swallows a big gulp of milk but his eyes are intent on Yongguk's face.
 
"Nope. That and the bunny suit was all you." 
 
Another spoonful of cereal. "You didn't help?"
 
"You were doing fine by yourself."
 
Himchan makes his infamous scowl at his friend although he isn't really offended. From what he has heard from Yongguk, this isn't the first time that Himchan has apparently fended for himself even while drunk. In fact, from what Yongguk has told him, Himchan always manages to take care of himself and since the younger boy can't remember himself, he trusts Yongguk's words to be true.
 
"Wow, what a friend you are. Don't expect me to help you when you are drunk!"
 
Yongguk just laughs; it is the deep, throaty one that Himchan loves and hasn't heard in a while. The older boy gracefully get up and starts to head to the kitchen. Even though it has been a while since he was known Yongguk, Himchan is still awed (and a little jealous) by the way the blonde moves with such grace, as if his entire body was filled with rhythm and his veins contained not blood but beats. Himchan can't help but compare his clumsy self to his friend and acknowledge that this was one of the many areas where he lacks and Yongguk thoroughly succeeds. As if he heard Himchan's thoughts, the said boy pokes his head from the kitchen doorway and Himchan sees that the smile is still there–is it not leaving at all?
 
"Hey, bunny boy! Feeling up for some pancakes?" 
 
Himchan points to the bowl in front of him. "Hmph...you ask now? After I had two whole bowls of cereal?"
 
"So...that's a yes, I'm guessing?"
 
The pale boy eagerly nods and feels his own thin lips mirror Yongguk's full ones. Even as the blonde turns away to start preparing the batter, Himchan can hear the occasional chuckle and it is a nice, comforting sound. He suddenly gets reminded of Youngjae and finds himself wanting to ask further but he doesn't move from his seat and his lips remain sealed.
 
Himchan doesn't want to lose hearing the low chuckle; miss seeing the muscular shoulders of Yongguk moving up and down every now and most of all, he doesn't want to risk not seeing Yongguk's smiling face. Eventually, the older might tell him but until then, Himchan wasn't going to peer.
 
"Yah! What are you thinking about? Come help me." 
 
The said boy fakes a groan loud enough so that the other can hear it. "Can't, hyung... I'm still hung over" 
 
"Kim Himchan, don't 'hyung' me and as your best friend, I know you don't get hangovers. You just lose your memory~ Hurry up over here!" 
 
The raven haired teen grabs the now empty bowl, taking the time to roll his eyes one last time to no one in particular, before heading to join his friend. Scratch that. His best friend. He smiles despite himself at the hardworking back of Yongguk, currently finishing up the first pancake already. Himchan happily accepts the piece and in spite of its steaming heat, grabs a big chunk. 
 
And just like that, Himchan doesn't feel so bad that he can't remember anything from the night before and it almost seems okay (for now) that his best friend (whom he dearly loves) is in a relationship with someone else because it is Sunday and Yongguk is making pancakes.