Boy # 2

Finding You, You, You, You and You!!

A/N: Hey guys~~ Heads up, this a long chapter focused solely on Daehyun!! From now on, the chapters might be longer but let me know if you guys prefer shorter ones!! 

Ok...thanks for reading and commenting everyone!! Keep on commenting~~ ^_^  

Please pardon any grammar mishaps in this chapter...*bows*

Love,

Author Nim xoxoxo

 


Boy # 2

"Oh....my face..fu—"

"You're up!"

Junhong's bright albeit worried face was the first thing Daehyun saw and for some reason, he couldn't bring himself to look at the boy. It seemed like the younger also felt Daehyun's discomfort because immediately, the boy stood up and started heading for the door. 

"Hyung, I'll be right back, okay?"

Finding his voice too coarse to utter a decent reply, Daehyun ended up just nodding his head; it wasn't like it mattered anyways since Junhong had already left the room, disappearing into the hallway.

Daehyun knew this room. It was the employee area behind the cafe where he would tease Youngjae whenever the latter changed into his uniform. He had loved how Youngjae would blush and shy away each time and just knowing that it was him who had this effect on the other had made Daehyun happier than an alcoholic in a bar.

In a way, Daehyun was an alcoholic. As corny as it sounded, Daehyun was still addicted to the liquor that was Yoo Youngjae. It was the reason why he had somehow come here again to the latter's workplace, wasn't it? Same reason why he hadn't been able to sleep soundly for a couple of days now. Same reason why, even as his face burned and his eye bothered him to no ends, Daehyun didn't feel anything in particular.

Yes, he was well aware that he had out...again...and he probably had a massive black eye and he still wasn't sure who he had to thank for this gift but Daehyun...he felt "there." As if his mouth was filled with bland food that had no particular taste to label, Daehyun felt bland while his mind still flogged with images of Youngjae holding hands....with Yongguk, Youngjae hugging Yongguk and Youngjae kissing Yongguk. Everything that was supposed to be Youngjae's first was being done not by Daehyun but by Yongguk. 

Damn it. What's so great about this Yongguk? Is it the muscles because I can work out too!! I can also never smile and always frown. I can dye my hair blonde too; I bet I can pull it off better too.. Aissh...I gotta pee. 

Daehyun shuffled his feet to the bathroom, unfortunately, there was only one available so he had to take the long way there. Daehyun sighed in relief feeling his bladder completely drained of the earlier coffee. The brunette didn't even bother to look in front of him as he washed his hands; he wasn't interested in seeing how bad his face was and he had a pretty good idea. 

"Ahh....fu—"

"Damn.....dude your face.."

Startled by the voices, Daehyun looked up in the mirror and with his eye as swollen as it was, he had to use his good eye to see two boys about his age. One was a tall, lanky blonde with a very disgusted look/smirk and his arm was protectively clasped around the shorter's thin waist. The smaller boy had an equally interesting choice of hair color and just from that one glance, Daehyun could tell that they were probably a couple. This realization automatically made him cringe and roll his eyes ever so slightly. He mumbled to himself as he washed his hands, again.

"Is it some sort of a fever going around the makes everyone around me get involved in a relationship or something? Why? Why just me..."  

"Oh, him? He and I aren't in a relationship."

Daehyun instantly looked at the two with an embarrassed smile and a full load of excuses for his words, except, the two were heavily involved in their own argument to even notice Daehyun staring at them.

"What do you mean, not in a relationship?"

"You're cheating on your boyfriend with me and you know it too," the shorter boy met Daehyun's gaze as he restated himself, "this dude is in a relationship but he's having an affar with me. I should just leave him right?"

Daehyun, not knowing how to react and simply wanting to leave the awkward scene, nodded reflexively. The blonde glared, first at the boy next to him and then at Daehyun, "Yah, don't nod. You don't even know anything!"

Just as the two resumed their heated although somewhat amusing fight, Daehyun scrambled his way out and manage to get back to the room. He found himself tired and in exhaustion, headed straight to the chair. Too lazy, Daehyun didn't bother to open his eyes even as he heard footsteps. He didn't need to open his eyes to know whose voice it was anyways. 

"Fu— you scared the crap out of me!" 

"Now you know how I feel everytime I see your face."

"What did you just say? Yah, Jung Daehyun, just because you're Youngjae's friend doesn't mean you say whatever you want and get away with it."

"Well then, JB why don't you go ahead? I only have one swollen eye right now."

"You f—"

"Ahhem....I...," Himchan moved close to JB, "Oh yes, I forgot. Jaebum, a customer is asking for you. And you might want to hurry up 'cuz he seemed pretty impatient."

Daehyun couldn't help the smile that moved across his face as he imagined JB's pissed off face. Soon after, he heard the said boy angrily stomp his steps and grumble under his breath. When he knew the other was gone, Daehyun lazily opened his one good eye to see Himchan staring at him with an amused look and an ice pack on hand. 

"What?"

"Just wondering whether you need the ice for your eye or if Junhong needs it for his lips."

Daehyun rolled his eyes a bit too dramatically and ended up being in pain, which obviously made Himchan erupt in a laughter fit. The pale boy made his way over–laughing the whole time–and handed the ice over. 

"Here, here, lover boy. Can't hurt both of your eyes now, can we? Don't want you swallowing everybody's lips searching for Junhong!" 

"Hyung~~it's not funny. I'm actually really hurt."

Even though he said it in jest, Daehyun found that his statement contained a lot of truth. For some reason that Daehyun had yet to figure, Himchan's tone turned somber all of a sudden. 

"I know. Me too~ "

Daehyun was just about to ask Himchan for more when Yongguk and Junhong entered the room. Immediately, Daehyun found his earlier smile vanish. He was just about to ask what the blonde was doing here when he realized that being Youngjae's boyfriend, Yongguk probably had more right than Daehyun to be in this room so he didn't bother.

He continued to avoid Junhong's eyes and pretending to be sleepy of a sudden, Daehyun closed his eyes. And he kept then shut like that until he really did feel himself dozing off. Soon, Daehyun was caught in a half-dream, half-reality sort of phase where he was somewhat conscious of the things around him. Himchan affectionately fixed Daehyun's hair and apologized for having to leave. Junhong assured Himchan that it was okay and for some odd reason, Yongguk insisted on taking Himchan home. They went back and forth until Himchan gave up and followed Yongguk and then, it was so quiet that Daehyun really did fall asleep.  

When Daehyun woke up again, his face hurt even more and the ice in the pack was all melted. Junhong was still by his side like a loyal puppy making him feel all the worse. After deliberating with himself for an additional three minutes, Daehyun finally opened his eyes and faced Junhong's slightly tired face. Daehyun asked what time it was and realizing how late it was, he told Junhong to go home. 

"It's okay. I already called my mom and she'll be here in seven minutes." 

Daehyun nodded, partly because Junhong had a ride home and partly because in seven minutes, Daehyun could be alone again.

"Hyung~ by the way, Himchan hyung had to leave because he had another thing and Yongguk hyung too and Youngjae hyung is finishing the final clean up of the place. And I—"

"Who knocked me out?" Daehyun hated the way it came out of his mouth but it was the truth. He braced himself to hear Yongguk's name...or Junhong to announce that it was him...

"Jongup hyung" 

Daehyun contemplated the name and found that it was just as bad as Yongguk although, he was lost about the reason. Daehyun's confusion must have been blatantly obvious since Junhong shrugged his shoulders in response.

The older boy couldn't help but notice the small smile threatening to erupt on Junhong's face. Any other day, Daehyun would have demanded to know reason for Junhong's smile but in light of his actions before, Daehyun couldn't bring himself to ask. As soon as the younger's phone beeped, Daehyun realized it was time to leave. He nodded with a small smile which the younger boy returned as he got up. 

"Hyung, I'll see you Monday. And....Sorry about your eye. "

"Why are you sorry for? It wasn't like you did it," Daehyun found a light chuckle escape him, "Junhong ah~~"

"Hmm?"

"I'm sorry about lying and kissing you before. You were really scared, weren't you?"

To his surprise, Junhong simply smiled back, "It's okay. You probably had a reason. In return, do me a favor, hyung?"

Daehyun sincerely nodded as he waited for the boy's words. 

"Try to treat Youngjae hyung a little better?"

"Wha—"

Before Daehyun could finish his words, Junhong was gone and in the doorway stood Youngjae. 

"Did you call me?"