Guests

Finding You, You, You, You and You!!

Guest #3

Now. He could leave now. No one was paying attention to him and it wasn't like he was going to hurt anyone's feelings by leaving. Everyone was focused on Jongup's mother and that was fine because Junhong hadn't asked for this and he sure as hell didn't feel grateful. In fact, he hated it. He hated how he was forced to be the center of their attention and the recipient of their looks of pity. And worse, even Jongup. Even Jongup was acting weird by taking Youngjae's side and making Junhong uncomfortable with the questioning. It was then that he realized the he had had a mistake. A big one. He should've have never answered to the very first question. The only thought that went through Junhong's mind as he quickly snuck out and grabbed his shoes was that maybe he should have never told anyone anything. Ever. 

 
As he made his way out, he could hear Mrs. Moon's cheerful voice followed by the clapping of hands and Junhong hesitated for just a moment. Unknowingly, he found his hand reaching into his pocket and clutching the picture of Jongup and Himchan that he had taken from the room earlier. He wondered. If just for a second or two, he wondered how things might be if he didn't have so many flaws and issues. His thumb sliding over the brightly smiling boy in the picture, Junhong wondered how his life might be different if he was the beautiful and adored Himchan and had not even the slightest of worries. Realizing that he had been standing there for too long, Junhong quickly stuffed the picture back in his pocket and walked out of the house. 
 
He kept walking until he was at the end of the street and quietly got on the bus when it came. When he asked the driver about the time and was told that it was close to six, Junhong slightly panicked since Taecyeon would be home any second. Of course, there was no use of denying that perhaps this was his life and his fate. Riding on the bus, he sniffed his clothes to find that he could still smell the faint mixture of scents of the house, of Jongup and the other's colognes and of the food that Mrs. Moon had made earlier. After the thirty minute ride, Junhong got off at his stop. All the while, he couldn't stop himself from sniffing his shirt and smiling upon realizing that the smell       –though a little faded by now– was still there. Junhong was never going to wash this shirt for sure. He didn't care about the looks he got as he walked although he was sure everyone was making their own theories about his visible bruise. Junhong was just giddy that so many memories and possibilities lay buried in this shirt that before today, he hadn't even liked very much. In fact, so happy was he, that he didn't see a silhouette behind him or the dark expression that was on the latter's face.  
 
"Ya, Zelo!"
 
It took a moment for Junhong to realize the words or rather the name wasn't uttered by its founder, Taecyeon. This voice was too familiar to ignore and it scared Junhong down to his very bones. Instinctively, his feet stopped moving, his breath caught in his suddenly parched throat as he listened with eyes closed to the footsteps and the familiar scent coming closer and closer. 
 

Guest # 2

Back at Jongup's House

"Happy Birthday tooo you~~~~"

The voices chimed in unison as Mrs. Moon cut the cake into delicate pieces. Youngjae, however, was too busy looking at the clock. It was getting late and Junho would be worried if he didn't come home soon. Busy trying to figure out when to leave, Youngjae didn't notice that two people had already left the house and that Daehyun was looking at him. Finally, once everyone started heading to the kitchen for dinner, Youngjae went upstairs towards the roof. In all honesty, Junho was an excuse as was his sister because at the bottom of everything, Youngjae just felt suffocated in this loving atmosphere. A part of him slightly despising Jongup for everything he had especially such a doting brother. 

"It's nice out here."

Daehyun had followed him out and stood leaning against the doorway before making his way over to the edge where Youngjae stood. 

"I never properly thanked you for helping me before....and every other time...I-"

"It's fine." Youngjae smiled and started to slowly walk to the other end. Daehyun also followed behind.

"Why?" 

Youngjae continued to stare in front of him, refusing to face Daehyun.

"Why did you leave when I was asking for help that day? When my father was literally beating me to death, you just stood there watching and then you ran away. Why?"

Youngjae sighed and took a deep breath. He turned around abruptly and nodded. "Why, Jung Daehyun? Fine. Let's just stop this silliness and get this out today. Honestly, I'm sick and tired of it!! You think I wanted to leave? Huh? That day, my sister and her son were in an accident and I had to go!! I'm the only family they have, you know! Or maybe you don't because it doesn't involve you! Did you know I killed my parents? Do you know I have a little nephew who thinks I'm his father? Do you know that I-...ha, and you call yourself my best friend, hell I-"

Youngjae didn't dare to take a breath while he said everything that had been killing him bit by bit, day by day. He didn't stop for a moment because he knew that if he did, he wouldn't be able to continue. When he was done, he simply slouched down and let his body fall on the cold ground. Daehyun fell next to him and placed his hand on Youngjae's wet cheek.

"I-I'm so-sor-sorry, Youngjae ah. I-" Daehyun sighed, "You're right. I'm too selfish and I've always been because you were too kind to me and I took advantage of you. Whatever happens in my house is my problem, not yours. I shouldn't have the right to blame you for it, I-I'm so sorry. I promise, if you give me a chance, I'll do better. I-"

Youngjae wiped away his tears and pulled his legs towards his chest. He became worried by the way Daehyun's eyes remained set on one spot on the ground and were b with salty water. Youngjae crouched a bit closer to his friend's side. "I didn't mean to....sorry, I-"

"Don't be. I am the wrong one here. You've every right to be angry at me." 

Youngjae leaned his head back and started chuckling. "Ah....life sometimes. Look at us, doing this at a birthday party. Hahahaha"

Daehyun seemed unfazed by the laughter and kept his gaze on Youngjae. "Yah, Jung Daehyun, don't look at me with those pitiful eyes! I'm not that pitiful, you know. And with JB's help, I might even get to go study in America on a full scholarship with stipend, isn't that wonderful?"

"JB....he knew? This whole time?"

Youngjae leaned his head on Daehyun's shoulder. "He was just being a good friend and you just overreacted every time." Youngjae sat up straight and looked at Daehyun's moist eyes. Then, he leaned in and gently kissed him. "I'm yours now so better treat me right, Jung Daehyun." Smiling at the startled expression on Daehyun's face, Youngjae stood up and started to walk towards the door. 

"I'm going down to eat, you should come too unless you want to freeze up here."

Youngjae felt lighter and it wasn't just because his stomach was empty. He couldn't stop himself from smiling all the way down the stairs and in the kitchen. He got several looks from his friends and he probably guessed that they were just teasing him and did little to ask further. Of course, he was too engrossed in his little piece of happiness to realize that everyone was acting strange because they were tense and unsure of how to tell him the news.