Chapter9

Blind Traces

 

“So Min?” Hyun Joong knocked on So Min’s door.

 

“Yes?” She asked after opening the door.

 

“Can we talk?” He asked and entered her room.

 

“What can I do? You are inside my room already. What do you want to talk about?” She said and sat on her bed. Hyun Joong just ignored her and sat on her study chair.

 

“This room looks livelier since someone is staying here.” He examined the room. She really made the room livelier. “The last thing my parents wants to know is that we are not getting along well. Dad just told me to attend a party and I need a partner, obviously I should bring you with me or else Dad will kill me. That will be on next Saturday. I don’t take no as answer.”

 

“Party?”

 

“Yeah. The party will be attended by people from the high society. Have you attended one?”

 

“Yeah. Birthday party, graduation party, house party.”

 

“So Min this is not like those parties. We need to prepare, starting tomorrow.”

 

“Why?”

 

“The moment we will attend the party we will tell the whole society that we are engaged. We need to attend it like a sweet couple. I will break-up with Helena tomorrow; you need to avoid Woo Bin too.”

 

“We are just friends.”

 

“Friends?” He smirked. “He is slow. It’s very obvious that he likes you.”

 

“Really? If he does, why did he seem not affected by our engagement?” Hyun Joong looked at her with anger and fire in his eyes. “I didn’t told him. He knew it.”

 

“That’s good.” He smiled.

 

“Huh?” He faced her with a big smile. “I thought you will be mad.”

 

“Why would I? He already stabbed his own heart.”

 

---------------------

 

Tricia was sitting in the bench while reading a book. She was smiling heavily while reading.

 

“This is not a library. Oh, you also read that kind of novels that is one romantic shot. Girls really want romance.” Tricia put her book down to see who sat beside her, her eyes almost popped out when she saw Peter. “You are Tricia right? So Min’s friend?”

 

“Yeah. Why? What do you need from her?” She asked surprisingly, while looking closely at Peter’s beautiful face.

 

“Where is she?” He asked with a light smile.

 

“So Min is in the dance studio, practicing with the sunbaes. As you know, she is the only freshman to enter the dance club that only proves she is great. Helena sunbae really likes her.” Tricia said excitedly.

 

“I just asked where is she, anyway, thank you for the information. You can continue reading.” Peter holds her wrist and fixed it to reading position again, he then silently walked off. Tricia was left stunned, reminiscing how he held his wrist.

 

“I just read about a romance and now it just appeared in front of me. This is my lucky day.” She said with her sweet voice in the blue sky.

 

------------------------

 

So Min was busy practicing the routines with the sunbaes watching her. She moves like a feather in the air. The routine looked easy when she was dancing it, which amazed the sunbaes.

 

 “It looked easy on her.”

 

“We got the best dancers. Helena found her rival to be the princess.”

 

“Oh my, can she also do jazz and hip hop? I wanna see her dance other genres.”

 

Helena entered the studio with a big smile on her face. She changed her clothes and walked immediately in the middle. Even though she hates the fact that Woo Bin likes So Min, she can’t deny that she is really good.

 

‘Luckily, I got Hyun Joong on me.’ She thought as she watches her.

 

They all clapped their hands after So Min. She was very shy and flattered by their claps and praises. She kept on bowing and thanking them. Helena handed her a towel with a smile, she shyly accepted the towel and wiped her face.

 

“You are good.”

 

“I’m still far from you sunbae.”

 

“In no time, you will be better than me.”

 

“So Min come here. Helena I’ll just talk to her.” Lea called So Min. She is the president of the dance club a graduating student. She is strict, mysterious, and cold. Everyone is afraid of her, but not Helena.

 

The girls started to talk; they wondered why did Lea called So Min. Lea didn’t bother to talk to any of them privately. Helena was watching Lea and So Min talking in the side. They seemed so relax and comfortable.

 

Lea just told So Min that she is Hyun Joong’s cousin. She knows the real score between So Min, Hyun Joong and Helena. Lea warned her to be careful after the party.

 

“So Min, you have me here. You are a great dancer and seem like a sweet person. No wonder Woo Bin likes you. Nothing standouts from you, but a magic is in you. Let’s get down to business, Hyun Joong the brat asked for my help. He wants me to assist you to be an elegant future wife in the party. You’ll also need me here, starting tomorrow, Helena will kill you.”

 

“Unnie? What do you mean?”

 

“She is a . She just got into Hyun Joong because Woo Bin didn’t even commit a mistake to take a second glance at her. I don’t like her.”

 

“She seems sweet and nice.” So Min defended Helena.

 

“She is threatened by you. The time she knows you are the reason, she’ll kill you. You just took everything from her, darling. It’s your choice be ier than her or be a scared cat.” Lea smirked.

 

Lea left So Min in the side and just looked at Helena with fierce eyes. She knows that this would be a big talk in the university; she must take part in it. She was very excited for the upcoming show the three youngsters would put up. Her last year in college would be fun, she thought.

 

So Min was surrounded by the sunbaes asking what did Lea told her. She just said that she needs to practice more if she wants to stay. Helena’s heart feels happy hearing that Lea didn’t approve of So Min’s membership in the club. So Min is still far away from her she is still the princess, she thought and walked off.

 

--------------------

 

“Going home?” Woo Bin honked on the walking So Min. She was so in Lea’s words that she was very shocked from the sudden noise. “So Min!” Woo Bin called once again.

 

“Woo Bin. How are you? I haven’t seen you for a day.” She asked with a smile, removing all the thought of Helena and Lea’s words.

 

“Can I invite you for a coffee?”

 

“You can, but that doesn’t mean I’ll say yes.” She joked. Woo Bin smiled to her and opened the passenger’s door for her. She got in without hesitation and buckled up her seatbelt.

 

“I guess it’s a yes.” He chuckled.

 

Helena saw everything she was extremely jealous of what she is seeing. She glared at So Min like there’s no tomorrow to glare at her. She was not the only one who is dying of jealousy, Woo Bin’s crazy fan girls was cursing her from head to foot. Who would not be? So Min was the first girl he looked at, talked to, save to, smile at, worry at, carried to, and the first girl to trust to. She got on his car and now drinking coffee with. She is also the fiancée of Hyun Joong, she just got into the eyes of two gorgeous man in the whole university.

 

Hyun Joong who was waiting in the usual area between him and So Min saw Woo Bin’s car to pass in front, but luckily he didn’t saw So Min inside. He got a phone call from Helena that she wants to see him, so he got Helena in his passenger seat instead of So Min. He decided to take advantage of that to end their relationship.

 

---------------------

 

Woo Bin took So Min in his favorite café, where he first saw her. They took a sit near the window that was his place in the café. They orders two cakes and cappuccino. They were busy checking out the people who pass by when they were called to get their orders. Woo Bin stood up to get their food and gently placed it on their table, So Min helped him by fixing their spoon and food.

 

“This was my spot when I first saw you.” He shared to the amused So Min.

 

“Isn’t our first meeting in the hall?” She asked as she remembers.

 

“Kinda. I originally saw you here, I saw how you bumped on a post and got your things scattered on the floor. I saw how you waited for more than an hour to Hyun Joong.”

 

“Yah! You are really Woo Bin, you know many things about me.”

 

“It was all because of fate.” He smirked.

 

They were talking nonstop about anything that would fly into their minds. They were both smiling and laughing at each other’s jokes and nonsense. They were really comfortable at each other’s company and presence; they can show their true personalities around each other. Each other’s flaws were obvious but they are polished with just one smile.

 

-------------------------

 

Hyun Joong tried to call So Min to tell her that she should go home first, but he just sent her a message when Helena was already in front of his car. She immediately made her way to the passenger’s seat and gave him a peck.

 

They were on their usual hang-out enjoying the pizza Hyun Joong ordered. Looking back for a year of relationships, it was a sweet and dull one. Sweet in the sense, they were falling in love for each other again and again. Dull because they didn’t have a colorful relationship. They don’t fight, no jealousy, no misunderstandings. They treat each other as a trophy partner that you can boost to anyone. Love is present, but they lack magic and bond.

 

“Hyun Joong, the party is on Saturday right?” Hyun Joong nodded. “Why does only well-off families can attends? I pity those who dies hard just to attend, lucky me you can bring me over.”

 

“About that.” Helena looked at him with curious eyes. Hyun Joong can’t afford to look at her, he will be hurt and he’s afraid he can’t break-up with her. “I can’t bring you in the party; I will bring my fiancée there. We can’t continue this relationship.” He said between his breaths.

 

“What? Fiancee? Did I hear it right? You will bring your what?”

 

“Helena I’m sorry. I should tell you this early; we’ll just hurt each other if we’ll continue this.”

 

“Do you love her?”

 

“This was arranged.”

 

“Arranged? Can you not fight for me? Don’t you love me? You can run from it Hyun Joong. This is freaking me out.”

 

“Helena. I love you but, I can’t escape from this marriage. Take care.” Hyun Joong left his last kiss on Helena’s forehead and headed out side. He sighed big time after closing the door.

 

Helena’s tears flowed endlessly while staring at Hyun Joong’s guitar and smashed it on the ground. She was just freaking mad, she is losing her assets one by one. The fiancée of Hyun Joong will definitely have a hard time on her, she cursed.