Chapter11

Blind Traces

 

 

Luckily the motorcycle stopped 2 meters before So Min. She was safe from any injuries. The shock only got on her; she was breathing heavily and standing still at her position. The people in the side street felt relieved that she is fine. The man in the motorcycle immediately runs to So Min for a hug from behind.

 

“I’m glad you’re not hurt. You’re okay right?” She nodded and faced the breathing hardly Woo Bin. “I’ll kill myself if you’re hurt.”

 

“You don’t need to, I’m okay. I’m just shocked.”

 

“Thank God.” So Min then hugged him asking for security and comfort. She was very afraid and shocked, she’s afraid of accidents knowing that her parents died from one.

 

Woo Bin apologized like a hundred times for what happened. The naughty prince now knows how to say his sorry and thank you. He simply checks So Min if she is really okay, while making his cup of coffee.

 

So Min started to tell Woo Bin the story of her life. Tears flowed from her eyes and yet she still managed to smile after telling him. He used his thumb to wipe off her tears and to tell her that he will always be there for her no matter what. He can’t promise that he can make her forget about her family simply because his own family is not happy, but he made sure that she is safe to his hands.

 

So Min felt very comfortable in Woo Bin’s hands. It feels so right to be with him, she thought. She knows it’s not right but what can she do, it’s her heart feeling this way. She remembered her engagement ring, the symbol of being the future wife of Kim Hyun Joong.

 

The date that was supposedly to be with Hyun Joong turned out to be with Woo Bin. They shared a movie and meal together. Happiness and contentment was written in their aura as they share their uncontrolled laugh and randomness. It was not in Woo Bin’s face that he can be as childish as he can be, not until he was with So Min inside the game arcade, he just only discovered it.

 

“I’m amazed. I didn’t expect that you would be excited by that machine that much. You just showed me a 180 degrees turn of your personality.”

 

“Me too. I used to hang-out here with Peter but it’s my first time playing.”

 

“Can I challenge you? Can you get me a doll from that machine?” So Min pointed to the doll machine. She badly wants to get a doll from one of those machines ever since she saw that. She already tried thousand times and always fails.

 

“Sure. If I can’t; forget me.” He said confidently and leaned on the machine. It only took him a minute to get one. So Min excitedly took the doll from the bin and looked at him with amazement. She was dying to get one for how many years of her of her life and he just got it within a minute.

 

----------------------

 

“Darn it! Where in the hell did she go? What happened to her phone? Jung So Min where are you?!” He said after sipping his drink. He’s been walking around by himself since they lost, so he rested for a while in a café near the mall.

 

His phone rings and he excitedly look at the caller id, his excitement dropped when he saw: HelenaLove. It was the name Helena put in his phone. He rejects it and renamed it, he omitted the love part.

 

He looked at his watch and it says it’s already 8 in the evening. He can’t go home without her. He decided to walk in the department store, trying to find her doing her shopping, but he was disappointed. He saw different girls draining out their credit cards.

 

------------------

 

“Thank you for the day. Thank you for everything.” So Min smiled. She decided to call Hyun Joong for them to go home together, its best to send Woo Bin first before doing that.

 

“Are you sure you don’t want me to drive you home?”

 

“I don’t want to ride a motorcycle and it will be best to go home with him. You can go first, I can manage.”

 

“I’ll do as you wish.” Woo Bin nodded in agreement and started to fly in the road. He really wants to drive her.

 

A hand stopped So Min from calling Hyun Joong.

 

“You miss him already?” Hyun Joong asked controlling his temper. He thought she’ll call Woo Bin.

 

“Oh, Hyun Joong.” So Min felt the anger in Hyun Joong’s touch and aura. She somewhat felt scared from him. He saw the name she was about to call it was him. His aura changed from angry to a little angry.

 

“I’m finding you like crazy and I’ll just end up seeing you with him? Fine! If you want to see him, could you just please answer your phone or send me message, so I won’t walk whole day just to find you.” He complained calmly while making her feel guilty.

 

“Hyun Joong-ah. I’m sorry.” She uttered under her guilty feeling. Her eyes were lock on the ground; she doesn’t have the courage to see his eyes.

 

Even though Helena’s sake is the reason why he broke up with her, he still broke up. He already decided to be So Min’s fiancée, so he was trying to be nice to her. It was clear for both that they will get married in the future, but from Hyun Joong’s point of view So Min is not aware of that thing. She was treating Woo Bin nicer than his own fiancée; it’s a threat for him.

 

So Min grew up with this principle in life: If you’re good I will be nice, if you are bad I’m worst. She looks nice all the time because everyone is good to her. She is nice to Woo Bin because he is good to her.