Chapter7

Blind Traces

 

Hyun Joong entered the room quietly but irritated. Peter puts the magazines down; he sensed that he needs to be ready for any violence to occur.

“What have you done to her?” He asked looking at him straightly in the eyes.

 

“Oh, Hyun Joong he didn’t do anything to her, it was those crazy fan girls.” Peter said with a light smile and tap on Hyun Joong’s shoulder.

 

“Peter, cut it! Who are you to ask? Are you a friend?” Hyun Joong looked at the sleeping So Min trying to find an answer.

 

Hyun Joong didn’t know what to answer. He didn’t want to let them know that she is his fiancée; he can’t say that they are friends since he didn’t treat her like one. He can’t answer because he doesn’t have an answer to give.

 

“Leave now.” Woo Bin told Hyun Joong.

 

“Boys, please keep quiet. The patient needs rest if you want to fight do it outside.” The nurse ordered them as they were bringing a tense atmosphere.

 

They all silently cooled down in the couch, with the tense atmosphere still there. Peter sat between the two men. They look ready to get on each other with just one wrong word or move.

 

---------------

 

So Min slightly opened her eyes. She can’t still get on the shining lights reaching her eyes. She used her hands to cover her eyes.

 

“Where am I?” She asked gently as soon as she saw human figures sitting on the couch.

 

The three guys stood up to see her. Hyun Joong and Woo Bin went to different sides looking at her worriedly.

 

“Are you okay?” They both asked her.

 

“Yes.” She said trying to adjust from the light. “Hyun Joong?” She asked recognizing him. He nodded to her. “Song Woo Bin?” She smiled.

 

“Yeah. Do you need anything?”

 

“No. Thank you. What are we doing here?”

 

“You fainted in the girl’s wash room.”

 

“How about those scary girls?” She asked as she remembered what happened.

 

“Don’t worry about those ugly ducks; they wouldn’t dare to bother you again.” Woo Bin said giving her assurance.

 

“Hyun Joong, did you come to see me?” She asked confusedly.

 

“Yeah. Looks like you need some rest, I’ll drive you home.” He invited her. Peter and Woo Bin were surprised.

 

“If you are busy I can drive her home.” Woo Bin said; they were on tension again, until So Min’s phone rings.

 

“Hello? Tricia I’m sorry.”

 

“Are you okay now? I can’t go to the clinic now, they closed it.”

 

“Don’t worry, I’m fine now. I’m sorry for making you worried.”She closed the phone. She stood up in the bed and grabbed her things.

 

“Where are you going?” Hyun Joong asked.

 

“Class. I’m sorry for the trouble, I’m fine now. Thank you.” She smiled and left.

 

“What is your relationship with her?” Woo Bin asked Hyun Joong.

 

“You don’t have to know. Just don’t bother her again, she’ll just get hurt.”

 

“You don’t have the right to stop me.” Woo Bin glared at him.

 

--------------

 

Tricia and So Min attended their following classes, even though Tricia protested. Eyes were on So Min wherever they go. Some would talk behind her.

 

“Tricia, let them.” So Min blocked Tricia who is about to go on the girls who are talking behind their backs.

 

“So Min, what happened? What is the real score between you and Woo Bin?”

 

“We just talked. It was our first meeting. I told you he saved me from the crazy sophomores.”

 

“And he saved you again for the second time. He likes to save you, isn’t he? He’s your knight and shining armor, I guess he likes you. He is the reason why crazy fan girls bullied you, because they envy you. You just came in the university and yet he noticed you.”

 

“Tricia, he is just being nice.”

 

“Being nice to get you.”

 

‘Is he worried? Why did he go to see me? Isn’t he aware that there many eyes watching, what if they will find out about us.’ So Min thought.

 

So Min wants to know what is going on between Woo Bin and Hyun Joong. She noticed the oozing tension between the two gorgeous men. I guess I have nothing to do with that, she thought.

 

So Min made her way in the dance studio to see the dance club, she was just joined in. There she saw Helena, with the sunbaes. Helena greeted her and introduced her to the other members.

 

The other members knew what happened to her, so they made sure she is okay before starting the practice. She got the approval of the other sunbaes, but not the girls who mistreated her.

 

The practiced lasted for 2 hours. The sunbaes showed her the basic moves for their dance recital for the upcoming school fair. She landed a good routine, to dance with the sophomores. She was the only freshman to join the dance club.

 

-------------

 

“Did you wait for me? I sent you a message that you can go home by yourself.” So Min asked to Hyun Joong who was waiting inside his car in their meeting place.

 

“I’m just afraid you would get attacked by the girls again. Come on its getting dark.” He said and starts the engine.

 

“Thank you. What about Helena sunbae?” She said as soon as she settled in the passenger’s seat.

 

“She can go home by herself. She must be used to this kind of setting.” He said in a cold tone.

 

“Are you sure about that?

 

“Yeah.”

 

Hyun Joong doesn’t really want to break-up with Helena. He just don’t want to be unfair to her, he knows he can’t escape the marriage. He believes he’ll just end up hurting themselves if their relationship will last.

 

He loves her, but the love is not as deep that he will fight for her.

 

So Min and Hyun Joong both decided to keep what happened to her. It is the best thing to do since they will be exposed to their parents that they are not getting along well.

 

So Min was at the garden gazing the stars. Her phone rang and it was an unfamiliar number, she was hesitated to answer, but she already clicked it.

 

“Hello? Who is this?” She answered softly.

 

“So Min, this is Woo Bin. I just called to ask you if you are okay.” He talks nervously; it was his first time to call a girl.

 

“Song Woo Bin? Don’t worry I’m fine now. Thank you for bringing me in the clinic. I’m sorry for the trouble.”

 

“I should be the one asking for an apology. Don’t let the girls interfere to our friendship. They are just crazy for nothing.”

 

“We can still be friends. You just proved you are something.”She chuckled.

 

“I know.”He said laughing.

 

Hyun Joong who happened to pass by, heard the whole conversation. He was quite startled by the comfortable conversation between his fiancée and his rival. He is not the type to listen to other’s conversation, but a certain pressure pulled him to listen.

 

‘I need to do something.’ He thought.

 

------------

 

The following day, Hyun Joong called So Min to go in the mall with him. She didn’t want to go, but his parents already knew they will go so she didn’t have a choice.

 

They were in a jewelry store looking for a ring. He asked her to find one, without answering her question why.

 

She chose a simple yet elegant ring, and he bought it.

 

“Wear it. You need that to warn other guys that you are already engaged.” He handed the box of ring and looked at other rings.

 

“Can you at least give it with your knees on or just be a gentleman. This is more of a shackle.” She murmured.