20

Blind Traces

 

So Min did thank Hyun Joong’s professor for calling a make-up class the following day, the supposed lunch with his friends was cancelled. She is now eating with Tricia alone.

 

Unyielding laughs came out from So Min as she listens to Tricia’s rants and blabs about her sister’s snores and sleep talks.

 

Silence overtook them when Tricia asked her about her plan. They both know the Sunday Plan. Tricia had a say about it when she first heard it, but after hearing the reason behind it she hesitantly agreed.

 

The sound of the spoon touching the plate surrounded them as So Min looked down; it was a signal for Tricia that first step was already gamed up. She already told Hyun Joong about it and the result is exactly what Tricia imagined it.

 

Tricia tried to meet So Min’s eyes before asking the obvious, “He said ‘No’?”

 

So Min let out a weak smile, “Does asking for a condition means ‘No’?” Tricia looked her with questions, “I don’t know…..I didn’t let him finish it. I just assumed.” Tricia’s eyes grew bigger asking for more details, “I assumed that he wants me to promise that I will be with him.”

 

“So?” Tricia inquired.

 

“So…that ends there,” So Min intently didn’t tell Tricia about the next incident or else she will not have a break from Tricia’s unending preaching.

 

“What do you think now?”

 

“I do not know…..I don’t know and I don’t want to know…..everything is so complicated,” So Min said in full frustration. Even she doesn’t know how she became like this, she don’t know who the hell is she now. It is so not her to be able to hurt anyone.

 

Tricia may be just as the same age as her, but her experience in love is big enough to help her think and decide, though not deep enough. “All you have to do is to choose one and everything will fall back to place…if you will choose the right one,” So Min looked at her with plea asking for more, but Tricia bit her lower lip telling her that it is her time to talk and spill whatever it is inside her.

 

“If I choose one, one would get hurt and I don’t want to hurt any of them.”

 

“So Min that is for sure but you need to choose this early before something complicates again. Even your grandfather is meddling now.”

 

“Tricia…”

 

Tricia held So Min’s hand and looked at her, “Just choose him.” So Min didn’t seem to get who does she refers to, “him,” she emphasized the word him as she glanced at her chest.

 

“Hurt one now than break a heart later….” She paused to let her digest every word she said. “Just put it like this…..choose the one where lesser people would get hurt, even if that includes you.”

 

So Min thought about it, she knew who exactly Tricia’s referring to. The one who is planned to be with her since the start. “Exactly. This is why Sunday Plan came up right?”

 

Tricia smiled to her, “Yes. Everything we planned is for him, it’s just that it is unavoidable for him to get hurt, no matter how hard we plan.”

 

“No more Sunday plan and that means no girl hang out on Sunday,” she joked.

 

“But always remember the law of closure,” from Tricia’s experience in love, she knew that a love needs to close for you to move on and love again. All things come to an end.

 

“Thank you.”

 

“Welcome, just treat me to a dinner,” she joked.

 

“Food maniac!”

 

“You too!”

 

--------------------------------------

 

Are you free tomorrow?

 

For you I am :)

 

Nice. I’ll see you at the movie house, same time as what we planned.

 

Got it.

 

Good night!

 

Good night! I’ll see you tomorrow :)

 

Woo Bin rested his head on the top of his couch facing the beautiful night outside. He just sighed and closed his eyes as he remembered his father’s word.

 

Flashback

 

“Just don’t get involved on their relationship. Don’t ask why, just don’t,” Mr. Song can feel the disappointment of his son towards him but he can’t just do anything. “I know that you feel something special for her and I’m glad that you already opened your heart, it’s just that you opened it with the forbidden girl.”

 

Flashback

 

He loves her and he knows it is not right; everything just doesn’t seem to agree with him. The only reason to fight for her is his feelings for her and he can’t be selfish enough to do it.

 

Another good opportunity also opened for him; his mother’s effort to meet him. He didn’t tell anyone that his mother sends him messages thru email for the past two weeks. She didn’t fail to do it since she got hold of his address, though he never replied even once.

 

He wants to be with the both of them. He wants a mother and a lover; he’s been lonely for a long time. It’s been a long time since he felt warm, and loved. Those two people who gave him that feeling came at once but from the circumstances he is only allowed to feel those from one.

 

And on that Sunday he will be honest to her and to his heart. He wouldn’t care what other people would look up to him, he just want to be honest and open. Free from all the darkness he’s been living from all the past years.

 

He may be a good fist fighter but he would never be good emotional fighter. He is too weak inside, he can’t afford hurting someone’s feelings, because he knows how painful it is. It is a living hell.

 

“Bruises and injuries heals fast......but not a broken heart.”