Chapter 25

Blind Traces

 

 

3 years passed since they accepted the fact that they are to be each other’s future. A fact that undergone many test before it was proven. But, who cares right? What important now is they are still married with no signs of regret.

 

Love? It’s a word un-discussed to both. They both felt that there is no need to talk about it, plus they are both afraid of the possible outcomes because in their three years of marriage they only felt comfort. They share the same bed and stuffs but they didn’t seal the marriage, yet. It was respect that calms the hormones.

 

“Mr. Kim there is a huge problem,” Mr. Park said in a worried tone. He is the assistant his training master sent.

 

“What is it,” Hyun Joong asked as he loosened his tie. Being a musical director was sure killing him. He is working as a Musical Director at a play and at the same time he is training as the next head of Asia’s most successful music company.

 

“The choreographer backed out,” Mr. Park said. They are working on a play of a renowned writer. The said musical play will be presented to the visitors of their country for a certain event. Not only is his name at stake but also his country. And that simply explains that there is no room for mistakes.

 

“But why?”

 

“She is too pressured. She is freaking out because of it.”

 

“Weird. Shouldn’t she be excited about this? Just contact Ms. Lee and ask her about this.”

 

Mr. Park called Ms. Lee as what his boss said. Sad news for them, Ms. Lee didn’t want the project because she is afraid of how big the project is and how much it can affect her reputation. Mr. Park called a meeting of the whole team. No choreographer wants to work with the project and it makes them think why. Who wouldn’t want to work in that project? Its success will also be your success and its little mistake would destroy you. No big names want to risk their reputation especially it was their bread and butter.

 

“We just can’t trust the project to anybody. Remember this will make or break us,” the director said waking up everyone. They just lose their momentum after hearing the news.

 

“I just contacted them and unfortunately they all said no,” Mr. Park reminded them.

 

Their meeting was really going nowhere because everyone is so tensed about their problem. They all sharing their ideas and possible solutions but none of those passed the interrogation and investigation of Hyun Joong and their director. Those two really wanted perfection for their performance.

 

Hyun Joong almost forgot what happened three years ago. His almost perfect life was in shambles because of this one girl but after all of the imperfections and trials he is contented and happily married with her.

 

In life, we shouldn’t aim for perfection because we might just spend our whole life perfecting things and ignoring the littlest things that would make us happy. What would you choose? A happy life or a perfect life?

 

“Why find the best if we can make the best,” a staff said, remembering a tagline he read from a building.

 

Hyun Joong looked at the staff that said it and remembered what his wife told him, “The best performance doesn’t come with pure perfection it comes with heart and passion. My students aren’t the best dancers alone they are the best when they perform as a team.”

 

...we make each other the best, was the tagline of his wife’s dance school.

 

The director looked at Hyun Joong suspiciously, “I think Mrs. Kim can help us with this,” he said while eyeing Hyun Joong. “Mrs. Kim?” The other asked with curiosity. It was never a secret that Hyun Joong was married with So Min but the team didn’t know because they aren’t asking. Only the director and Mr. Park know the real score. The director happened to be Leah’s ex-boyfriend.

 

“Hyun Joong’s wife,” he answered and smiled to them. He already watched So Min dance in one of their school performance when he and Leah are still together. He knew that she is good just like what everybody says, but he never expected that she can be a good dance teacher. He always thought that Leah would be the dance teacher and So Min would be the dancer but it was the opposite now. And it was better to get So Min than his ex-girlfriend because they didn’t have a good ending. ‘Marriage life,’ he thought.

 

Hyun Joong didn’t have the chance to talk because the director and the crew enjoyed talking about his personal life. ‘This is a meeting for the play not my personal matters,’ he thought as he watched them.

 

“I tell you guys. Mrs. Kim is very pretty and nice,” director reassured everyone because they are worried that Hyun Joong’s wife is like him perfectionist, strict, and intimidating.

 

“I’m going now if you don’t have anything to say,” Hyun Joong said and walked towards the exit.

 

“Mr. Kim please tell your wife. Please?”

 

“Let’s just call my cousin,” he said and acted to get his phone in his pocket. Director’s change in aura and facial expression was very obvious, a sign that he is still affected.

 

“How could we forget Ms. Leah,” one of the staff said. Leah is a popular classic dancer. She performs with her group in different countries, right now she is in China for their show.

 

“She is on China. She must be very busy with her performance now,” director commented.

 

“Mr. Kim is her cousin; she won’t let him down, right? And she can always take a break.”

 

“Leah would never disappoint me,” Hyun Joong said mocking the director but it was not his only purpose in suggesting Leah. He doesn’t want his wife to be involved in the public eyes and she also wanted a quiet and simple life.

 

The director walked to Hyun Joong and whispered, “You know that she will never work with me.” Hyun Joong chuckled a bit from the sound of the director, he was disappointed with the fact that he just stated.

 

“I know,” he answered with amusement.

 

“I can’t think of anyone else for the project except for your wife. And look, you need to work with the choreographer all the time. Don’t you think that you wife wouldn’t feel jealous about it?” The director tried his best to give out a very good reason.

 

“Leah w---”

 

“I don’t want to bring the past back but we all know what happened, right? Just think of this....this project would bring you two closer you can even work while dating. Man! This is what every husband wants......to work their out with their wife.”

 

Hyun Joong was slowly being persuaded. After all, he was getting sick of their arrangement. He wants change, a change for the better.

 

“But I don’t want to stress her with this and I don’t like her to be exposed much in public.”

 

“Hyun Joong! I am here as a friend okay? I’ve directed many plays, MVs, movies, CF, and such do people recognize me? Am I popular? When I walk in the streets do people come and ask for my autograph and scream their lungs out? No, right? People from the backstage will never be recognized by the public unless they are very interested of our craft. Public only remembers the artist name never the production team,” director lectured.

 

“You got a point, but t-----”

 

“Cut the buts and what ifs. For the sake of everyone. Please? I know you can work well with your wife.”

 

“I’m gonna try to convince her,” Hyun Joong said dejectedly and walked away with a smile. The thought of working with his own wife excites him. 

 

----------------------

 

I don't have anything to say. Hahaha. I got some of my readers with my joke last time. Bwahahaha. Evil author alert. Hahahaha. Anyways, we can say that I put "The END" last time because that will be the end of the emotional Blind Traces and start the sweet chapters, right? Of course, you should also expect that I may be joking now. Who knows?! Hahaha. Thank you for reading and dealing with the errors on your own. Hahaha. Regarding the setting and such please don't question me about it. I just made those up, I don't have any knowledge how such and such works ^^ 

 

PS: Regarding my other stories, can you just please forget those? PLEASE! I'm begging you! Hahaha. I may sound like advertising here. LOL. Anyways, who cares?! Uhm, I'm planning to finish one stories at a time now. I'm still choosing what to end first. Any suggestions? Plus, you know that I'm too lazy to write my updates so.............I DO NOT KNOW. Can I use this chance to ask others to update their stories? PLEEEEEASE. Ehem! I won't name drop. I won't. I won't.........I won't. Hahahaha.

 

PPS: Belated Happy Heart's Day :)

 

(I just noticed that my rants after each chapter is getting longer. OKAY. Enough now. I'll shut up! I know yer getting sick of me. Hahaha.)