Chapter14

Blind Traces

 

The night was quiet and peaceful. So Min fell asleep in the bedside of her grandfather, she was still holding the hands of his grandfather. Hyun Joong checked her since he can’t sleep in the sofa. He quietly looked at her and flips her hair from blocking her rosy cheeks. He stared at her for a moment and realized that he was gazing at her so closely. He walked back at the sofa and sat feeling like a dead tired ball. He can’t explain why he felt tired, hot and uneasy all of a sudden. After a few minutes he fell asleep.

 

So Min woke up around 4 am in the morning, as she felt her aching back. She caressed her back and fixed her posture. She turned and saw Hyun Joong asleep in the sofa; she got up and covered him with a blanket. She then got herself a glass of water and walked to her grandfather. She checked her grandfather’s state and felt a little relief knowing that he is okay.

 

“Grandpa please be okay. I can’t imagine my life without you.” She whispered.

 

---------------------

 

It was around 7 in the morning when So Min woke up again as the sun touched her face. She went to the wash room to fix herself, after that she quietly woke Hyun Joong up.

 

“Hyun Joong-ah. Wake up.” She said softly it didn’t wake him up so she whispered again making her face inches away from him. “Hyun Joong-ah. Wake up.” She said and tapped his shoulder. “Finally.” She said and stood straight. “Come on. Let’s eat breakfast and freshen up at our house.”

 

“Okay. Just a moment.” He said and went to the wash room.

 

Auntie Nat came in with her husband. So Min greeted them and thanked Auntie Nat for saving her grandpa.

 

“Is this your fiancée?” Auntie Nat asked as she saw Hyun Joong from the wash room. She nodded and introduced them. Auntie Nat ordered them to go now because the food she cooked will get cold.

 

---------------------

 

So Min’s house was very simple yet you can feel the class and calmness. It has three bedrooms, and everything was painted white and brown. The furniture was all antiques, even the displays of the house.

 

Hyun Joong was amazed by their simple yet elegant house. It was obviously smaller than their house but it is very classy. The garden was so big, blooming with different plants which give freshness and calming feeling in the house.

 

 As they both entered the house, they found the foods in the dining area well prepared and served. So Min felt happy and refreshed as she was in her lovely house again.

 

“Come on. Let’s eat breakfast first before this gets cold.” So Min invited Hyun Joong from the dining area. He nodded and sat opposite her.

 

“I like your house.”

 

“No one hate this. Would you like a coffee or a tea?”

 

“Tea.” So Min stood up and poured some tea in the cup.

 

“Careful its hot.” She warned as she placed it in the table near him.

 

“Thank you.”

 

“Welcome. You can rest here first. I’ll just wash up and be back at the hospital.” So Min stood up and went to her room. She remembered that he doesn’t have any clothes there. She went to the guest room to find some clothes for him to change. She found a set of clothes arranged for him in the bed. “Hyun Joong if you’re done just go to the second door from the stairs. It’s a guest room so just relax.”

 

“Thank you. I’ll go with you in the hospital.”

 

“You should rest first.”

 

“It would be impolite not to greet grandpa.”

 

“Okay. Wash up first. I’ll just take care of the dishes.”

 

Hyun Joong walked towards the room while examining the pictures hanged on the wall. He stopped to see the pictures and smiled to himself while looking at So Min’s picture as a little girl. It was like a trail of So Min’s life into pictures.

 

He stopped into a corner to check out the antique violin. He touched it and felt the quality of the violin. He can’t help himself from playing the violin. He played a sweet and soft piece which was heard around the house.

 

So Min heard it and closed her eyes to feel the music more. After a while her body swayed with the of strings. She danced herself out in the kitchen unknowingly. They stayed like that for a moment forgetting all the worries in their heart and mind. They enjoyed the peace and warmness of the place.

 

------------------

 

Auntie Nat’s husband had an emergency at his work so he rushed there, leaving So Min and Hyun Joong to walk by their self onto the hospital. As they left the house, the neighborhood was busy at their works and stuffs. So Min greeted everyone with a warm smile. Everyone kept on asking who the man with her is, she just answered with a weak smile. Some gave their warm words to Mr. Jung’s fast recovery.

 

They passed by the kids who were on their way to school. The kids ran to hug and greet their big sister. So Min hugged them back and kissed the kids cheeks.

 

“Do well in your school okay?”

 

“Yes.” They nodded in agreement.

 

“Unnie, who is he?” A girl asked, pertaining to Hyun Joong.

 

“He is your Oppa. Hyun Joong-ssi.” She smiled and caressed the girl’s hair.

 

“Hello! Good Morning!” The kids greeted Hyun Joong.

 

“Hello.” He smiled to them.

 

“Are you Unnie’s boyfriend?” The girl asks again curiously.

 

“Maika. You’re still a kid to ask that kind of question. Go to school now.” Ms. Tam said to Maika. She was a teacher at the school.

 

So Min and Hyun Joong greeted Ms. Tam and so as she. The kids just waved their goodbye and asked them to play with them after school, they just agreed.

 

“You are a celebrity here.” He teased.