Chapter2

Blind Traces

 

So Min woke up early. She took a bath and prepared herself to leave with Hyun Joong. She went to the kitchen to help with the breakfast.

 

She cooks and chats with the servants that morning. The servants sounded to like her, since she is very kind.

 

Hyun Joong's family is all settled in the dining area. Mrs. Kim was about to ask the maid to call So Min in her room, when So Min entered the area wearing an apron and holding the last batch of foods.

 

"So Min what are you doing?" Mrs. Kim asked surprised.

 

"I just helped in the kitchen." So Min said while placing the food in the table.

 

"Remove that apron. We have servants to do that. You don't have to wake up early for that." So Min then handed the apron to one of the servants.

 

"It’s okay. I'm used in waking up early to help prepare our breakfast." So Min smiled and took a sit.

 

Mr. and Mrs. Kim praised her cooking skills. They enjoyed their breakfast. Hyun Joong on the other hand was just quietly eating. Mrs. Kim reminded the two about their schedules for the day.

 

--------------------

 

"So Min can I leave you here first? I need to meet someone."

 

"Oh, okay."

 

"I'll just see you in here after 2 hours. Okay?" Hyun Joong was about to go when So Min stopped him. "What?"

 

"Can I ask for your number?" She then handed her phone to him.

 

"Just call me when something's up. Here you go."

 

Hyun Joong then drove away to the mall. So Min stared at his car until it’s out of her sight. She was amazed how big the mall is. She was walking inside and glancing at the shops, she passed by.

 

So Min stopped at the women's clothes section to buy herself clothes in preparation for her college days.

 

She tried everything she wanted to and bought everything she thinks she will need. So Min didn't dare to look at the price tags of the clothes as what her grandpa told her.

 

He knew So Min wouldn't dare to buy expensive things, even though they can afford. He told So Min not to look at the price tags when she would buy things in Seoul, he knew how expensive things are. He just gave So Min a card not to mention, sky is the limit card.

 

She gave her card and told the ladies not to mention the prices to her and remove the receipts and price tags.

 

---------------------

 

"Hey babe!" Helena kissed Hyun Joong.

 

"Where is everybody?"

 

"I told them not to come. It's been a while since we spent time alone."

 

"It’s been just a day."

 

“I know, but what can I do. I’m missing you badly already.”

 

“I know. That’s why I love you.” He then kissed Helena.

 

Helena and Hyun Joong had been together for about a year already. Helena is the greatest dancer in university. She captured Hyun Joong’s heart in their university fair. She was dancing gracefully that time, she caught everyone’s attention.

 

Helena is the most popular girl in school, because of her beauty and talent. She was in love with Woo Bin since high school. She admired the naughty prince attitude of Woo Bin. She tried to talk to him many times and he ignored her all the time. When Hyun Joong started to notice her, she just took advantage of that since Hyun Joong is also a hot item in the university.

 

After a year of relationship, she found herself loving Hyun Joong even more every day and so as Hyun Joong.

 

-----------------------

 

“Miss I’ll get this shoe. Please remove the tags and receipts.” So Min then handed her card to the lady.

 

She grabbed the bag of the shoe. She bought a lot that she can’t even handle to bring them all. She looked at her watch and notice that she just has 10 minutes to be back in their meeting place.

 

So Min runs all her might to get in there, when she bumps on a post outside the mall. Her things where scattered in the floor.

 

“Oh!” She whispered, while holding her forehead. She stood up and grabbed her things. She rushed again and walked.

 

“Oh my! Where am I?” She mouthed when she noticed that she doesn’t know where she is. It’s not the place where Hyun Joong dropped her.

 

She sat on a bench to settle herself and called him.

----------------

Hyun Joong gets his phone, Helena pulled his hand, but he still gets his phone. They both looked at the caller ID, it was just number.

“I think it’s not that important.” Helena said, holding his phone. Hyun Joong was about to ignore the call, when he remembered So Min.

“Hello?”

“Uhm. Hyun Joong? I’m sorry to call, but I’m lost. Are you already there? I’m sorry. I didn’t notice the time.” Hyun Joong looked at his watch.

“Oh. It’s okay I forgot the time. Just wait for me there. Send me the details later.” Hyun Joong then put his phone in the table.

“Who is it?”

“Just......someone.”

“Oh, okay. Babe what do you think of this dress?” Helena said while pointing to a dress in a magazine.

“Anything will look good on you.”

“Shss. I’m thinking of a program to help the freshmen this year. I’m thinking of a dance show for them to present.”

 

“That would be good.” Hyun Joong nodded in agreement.

 

He continued to play his guitar while Helena is browsing the magazine in his side. They are in their favorite hangout place in university.

 

---------------

 

So Min was sitting in a bench and patiently waiting to Hyun Joong. She was just looking at the people who pass in front of her to kill her boredom.

 

‘Agh! What does he think of me? If I can just go home alone.’ She thought.

 

--------------

 

‘This girl got ditched by her boyfriend.’ Woo Bin thought while watching So Min at a cafe, sipping a cup of coffee.

 

He was staring at her for a long time, he was also in her side when So Min bumped in the post, but he didn’t help her.

 

“Yo! Who are you looking at?” Peter asked Woo Bin, his friend.

 

“You’re late!”

 

“Hey! That girl is pretty, but she looks like she got ditched.” Peter said examining So Min.

 

“Shut up!”

 

“Naughty prince is looking at that girl?”

 

“Shut up. She was sitting there for about an hour already.”

 

“If in 10 minutes, she’s still there I’ll go get her.” Peter smirked.

 

“Shut it.” Woo Bin said in an angry voice.

 

“Okay. Do you find her pretty?”

 

“Yeah. But all girls are the same, you can’t trust them.”

 

“Man! Why don’t you try to trust women? You are 22 now and still not dating. Grow up!”

 

“We’ll see.” Woo Bin smiled while staring at So Min.

 

'A girl being ditched, sounds and looks good.' Woo Bin thought.