Chapter5

Blind Traces

 

“Who was that?”

 

“A freshman, I saw her a while ago kind lost, so I helped her.”

 

“That is not your type.”

 

“There is something on her I can’t explain. She has a very good posture; I bet she can dance well.” Helena answered.

 

‘If you would just know, she is my fiancée.’ Hyun Joong thought.

 

“I must say she is very pretty. I want to know her more.”

 

“Don’t get on the freshman, man.” Hyun Joong said.

 

Helena saw Woo Bin, eating with Peter. She fixed herself while glancing at him. She moved closer to Hyun Joong and showed her sweetness to him.

 

She can’t help herself to stop glancing at him, even though she is with Hyun Joong.

 

“What is he doing here?”

 

“Woo Bin? I don’t know, maybe one his dirty tricks on work.”

 

Hyun Joong and Woo Bin’s group has some kind of tension. It is an unexplainable battle for the world unknown. Since first year that tension has been in them.

 

Woo Bin knowing being a good fighter has established himself in the gangs. His words are rules to be obeyed. Outsiders are afraid on him. No one would want to be his enemy; he is like a wild animal from the jungle longing for food when he is mad.

 

Even though, Woo Bin had some bad records, many girls fall for him. Girls fall for the bad boys. They like the feeling of being protected by some bad boys.

 

----------------

 

“So Min how did you knew Helena?”

 

“She helped me earlier to find my class.”

 

“Woah. She must like you. I heard that she is the most popular girl in school; she is the girlfriend of Hyun Joong another popular guy in school. She is also the greatest dancer in our department. Even the sunbaes praise her.”

 

“Really?” So Min asked. She felt odd hearing everything. She is nothing compared to her, she is just a plain girl. She understands why Hyun Joong doesn’t like her, she will ruin their relationship.

 

“Hey, what are you thinking? She even invited you at the dance studio. Can I come with you?” So Min just nodded.

 

---------------

 

Woo Bin was looking on So Min’s student profile. He knew everything about her, through the profile; he got from one of his boys.

 

“So, she is a freshman majoring in dance. 19 years of age, from the countryside and her name is Jung So Min.” Peter read.

 

“So Min.” Woo Bin smiled. He left Peter; he walked in his dad’s office. His dad’s secretary told him, that Mr. Song is in a meeting in a hotel. He left the office disappointed. He just asked the assistant to let him know when his dad arrives.

 

-------------

 

So Min and Tricia was standing outside of the dance studio, when they entered they found Helena practicing. They watched her as she moves her body with grace and poise.

 

“Wow, she is really amazing.” Tricia murmured.

 

Helena stopped when she noticed them. So Min greeted her and introduced Tricia to her. Helena greeted them with a smile.

 

“I’m glad you made it. I can see from your posture that you can really dance. Can you show me some of your moves, any genre would do.” Helena invited So Min.

 

So Min removed her shoes, gave her bag to Tricia and walked in the middle of the studio. She showed her, that she can dance ballet. She moved gracefully and perfectly leaving Helena amazed.

 

“You proved me right.” Helena said after clapping her hands.

 

“Huh?” So Min said shocked.

 

“I want you to be in the dance club. We can make the club perfect if you would join us.” Helena invited her. So Min was felt surprised, but she accepted it.

 

“It would be my pleasure.” She smiled.

 

“That’s great. Just get the club schedules from the sophomores.” Helena said and left them.

 

--------------

 

“Oh, So Min. I got to go. I need to pick my sister from school.” Tricia said and left her.

 

“Okay bye.” She said. “That’s good. I can meet him now.”

 

“So, you are So Min?!” A group of girls blocked her way.

 

“Yeah, sunabes.” She answered. She knew they were older because of their dance uniforms.

 

“Don’t act so cocky! You are still a freshman. Agh! First day of school and you are acting like a princess. I didn’t know what is with you, that Helena noticed you.”

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

“Don’t act stupid. We know here that you are acting to get close to Helena.”

 

“I didn’t do anything.”

 

“Yah! Don’t act stupid! This is our first warning to you. If you don’t stop, we would………” The girl stopped. They felt scared to see Woo Bin showed behind her.

 

“You would what?” Woo Bin asked coldly.

 

“Woo Bin.” They said shaking.

 

“Get lost!” He said. The girls left So Min and Woo Bin in the hallway.

 

“Thank you!” So Min bowed to him. She was surprised to see Woo Bin. She felt uneasy to talk to him, after everything she heard about him, he noticed it.

 

“Are you okay?” He asked while looking at her.

 

“Yeah. Thank you….” She said shyly.

 

“I’m Song Woo Bin and you are?” He asked even though he already knew.

 

“Jung So Min.” She said with a smile.

 

“Don’t worry about those ducks. They won’t bother you again.”

 

“It’s okay. I just wonder why they are so scared to see you.”

 

“Because I’m Song Woo Bin.”

 

“What a cocky answer.” He smiled to her.

 

“I guess you are not.”

 

“Just a little. After saving me from them, I can feel that you are still soft hearted even though you are Song Woo Bin.” She smiled.

 

They felt comfortable talking to each other. Students, who would pass the hallway they were in, stepped back as they saw Woo Bin standing there, talking with a girl.

 

“Who is he talking to?”

 

“A girl, but I don’t know her, maybe a new student.”

 

“When did he ever talked to a girl?! Get glasses! Oh my, he’s really talking to a girl.”

 

“I told you. Is it his girlfriend?”

 

“I don’t know.”

 

-----------------

 

So Min and Woo Bin were walking while talking when her phone rang.

 

“Excuse me.” She said and answered the call.

 

“Hey! Where are you?! I don’t like to wait, if you wouldn’t show up within 10 minutes I’ll leave you!” Hyun Joong said angrily on the other line.

 

“I’m sorry. I will be there. I’m sorry.” She said. Woo Bin noticed the sadness on her eyes.

 

“Is it your boyfriend?” He asked curiously.

 

“No.” She smiled. “I got to go now. I’ll just see you around school. Thank you again.” She then rushed, leaving Woo Bin, without waiting for his reply.

 

 ‘Weird. She’s very pretty though.’ He thought and smiled on her back.

 

Woo Bin walked passing Helena, without even looking at her.

 

‘You are still the same. You didn’t even take a time to look at me. But why? Why you do even talked to that So Min. What did you see to her? You just met her and you looked enjoying her company. What does she have to make you smile?’ Helena thought as he passed by her sight.

 

‘So Min what is with you to make me talk to you? You even made me think that girls can be trusted. You made me forget that I hate women. It felt so right to be with you.’ Woo Bin thought.

 

‘Song Woo Bin. He looks nice and harmless. You are a gentleman for me. SO MIN! You are already engaged. He is also engaged, yet he has a girlfriend.’ So Min thought while.