Chapter13

Blind Traces

 

So Min and Hyun Joong was very busy preparing for the party. Hyun Joong didn’t take much time preparing for the party. He just wore his suit and styled his hair for a while. Girls are really girls, it was almost 7 pm but Cheska and Lea are still busy doing So Min’s hair, they were arguing if she should style her hair up or just let it down. Her phone rang and answered it, leaving the two still arguing.

 

“Auntie? How is grandpa right now? Where is he? He’s fine right?” So Min asked worriedly on the other line. She cried after the conversation, Cheska and Lea were worried so they called Hyun Joong over.

 

So Min’s grandpa had a . Luckily Auntie Nat saw grandpa unconscious on the floor before she left their house.

 

“Let’s go to your grandpa right now. Forget about the party, anyway you can’t concentrate if he is not okay. Change first.” Hyun Joong ordered her. Lea and Cheska helped So Min get changed, she was still sobbing while changing.

 

Hyun Joong called his parents that they won’t attend the party because So Min’s grandpa had a . They agreed that they should go and see him immediately. So Min didn’t stop crying for her grandpa, she can’t stand to lose him, he was her only family right now.

 

“Sleep first. I’m sure you will overwork yourself after seeing our grandpa. It’ll be a long ride so rest first.” Hyun Joong said calming her from crying while on the road.

 

“Thank you.” She said while wiping her tears off.

 

So Min fell asleep in Hyun Joong’s car. He covered her with his blanket on the car; there he felt the unexplainable feeling Woo Bin felt when he first saw So Min. He touched her small face which electrified him.

 

-----------------

 

Mark and Jack were busy checking out the night streets of Seoul. They saw Helena drinking up on a bar almost losing her senses.

 

“What are you doing here?” Mark asked Helena curiously.

 

“Oh Mark and Jack. Come drink with me.”

 

“Party is tonight right?” Jack asked. Both didn’t believe the rumors about Helena and Hyun Joong breaking up, since their friend was not appearing for a while.

 

“Party?! Your friend just dumped me. How can I attend the party?!”

 

“The rumor is true? You really broke up.”

 

“Yeah. You know what? He will bring his fiancée in the party. He fooled us. Hyun Joong is engaged with a . That will experience hell if I’ll know her.” Helena said with a fierce tone. Mark and Jack were left in shock. They were Hyun Joong’s friends but he didn’t tell them.

 

“Yah! Where are you?” Mark asked Hyun Joong on the other line. He went outside the bar leaving Helena and Jack drinking inside.

 

“Oh Mark. Why?” Hyun Joong asked as he put his headset on. He was speaking softly trying not to wake up So Min.

 

“We found Helena on the bar drinking up. Is it true that you broke up and you had a fiancée? What the hell was happening?”

 

“Let’s just talk about it some other time. I’m driving right now just take care of her.” Hyun Joong cuts the call. He concentrated on driving while taking a glance at So Min once in a while. He was not attracted at her but he can’t resist looking at her.

 

It was near midnight when they reached the hospital. Hyun Joong gently woke So Min, she rubbed her eyes and fixed herself as soon as she realized Hyun Joong was looking at her. She composed herself and thanked Hyun Joong. She ran in the hospital entrance with Hyun Joong behind her.

 

The hospital staffs knew that Mr. Jung is a special patient, so they let So Min and Hyun Joong enter the room even though its midnight. They entered the most expensive room in the hospital; it was very comfortable for a patient.

 

“Miss Jung if you need anything we will be in the nurse station.” The nurse bowed and closed the door.

 

So Min run to her sleeping grandpa, she caressed his face and kissed his hands. It was a relief for her to see her grandfather sleeping soundly and fine. She sat near his grandfather holding his hand.

 

“Hyun Joong you can rest at our house I’ll stay here. I’ll call someone to pick you up.” She said and turned to Hyun Joong with a light smile.

 

“Thank you. I prefer staying here. Don’t worry I can pull it off.” Hyun Joong settled on the couch. He sat there gazing at So Min’s back.

 

‘Stupid! I want to sleep.’ He thought.

 

--------------------

 

“I told you Peter they won’t go.” Woo Bin smiled as he heard the news from his men. He was also invited in the party, but he didn’t care about it at all. He dislikes going to such parties, it was just a waste for him.

 

“How did you know? Did you do something?” Peter asked as he checked on his phone flirting with the girls. He can’t let his girl on his house since Woo Bin is chilling at his house. They both took a sip of their wine.

 

“No. I won’t do anything that’ll hurt So Min. I just felt it.” Woo Bin said as he was standing gazing at the stars from Peter’s terrace.

 

“Is that a power of love?” Peter teased.

 

“I want to know why.” He just muttered as he closed his eyes.

 

----------------------

 

The nurses at the hospital started talking about the couple. The securities zooms the hidden cameras on Mr. Jung’s room, it was focused on Hyun Joong and So Min, to watch their every move. The secretary of Mr. Jung is busy watching the room and recording their every move.