Chapter17

Blind Traces

 

After playing a nice and soothing music, Hyun Joong was dragged to the drinking men’s table. There he was asked to drink with them. He somewhat enjoyed their company that he didn’t mind drinking that much. So Min didn’t check on him since she missed her friends so much that they were sharing unending stories.

 

It was almost 1 o’clock in the morning when the small party ended. Auntie Nat and the others helped each other out in cleaning their mess. So Min thanked them, as they bid their goodbye. She found the half asleep, drunk Hyun Joong in the living room. She helped him walk to his room. She was holding his waist, while his hand is over her shoulders, his head was bent in her head and she can feel his breathe.

 

It was luck that helped them not to stumble in the floor from the stairs. They both lay in the soft, white bed. Before So Min could move her body out of the bed, Hyun Joong already made his way on top of her. She can’t move from his grasp, no matter how hard she tries. He just stayed there staring at her.

 

“Hyun Joong! What do you think you’re doing?” She asked in a low voice with sound of fear and irritation. He didn’t answer her and just continued staring at her.

 

Silence got into them.

 

‘Closing my eyes means I surrender. But I can’t stand his gaze and most especially his face so close. What should I do? Whatever happens will surely happen in the future, but-what if I don’t like it? One wrong move and I do not know where it will take us.’ She thought while looking at him straight in the eyes.

 

Hyun Joong fixed her hair in her forehead and that made her more nervous. He felt the fast beat of her heart and he smiled. He moved his face closer to her, to make her more nervous. Their eyes are not parting from each other all this time. He stopped before their lips touched.

 

“You don’t know how badly I want you right now. One wrong move and I will claim what’s supposed to be mine in the future.” In every move of his lips it touches her lips. After saying these words in his alluring voice he let his face drop on the bed near her left ear. “I may be drunk but my mind is very clear.” He whispered gently and clear.

 

His lips touching her ears tickled her. She felt this unexplainable feeling from his touch, gaze, and in every words he say. She was frozen and she can’t explain if she’s feeling hot and cold, all this time.

 

Whatever happened that night, this is for sure…grandpa surely smiled. He was so sure that he made the right decision to cancel the first engagement of So Min. So Min and Woo Bin’s father were best of friends in college and they made a promise that they will make their children marry. Grandpa cancelled everything when So Min’s parents died and when he knew about Woo Bin’s story.

 

-------------------

 

To So Min’s surprise Hyun Joong didn’t stop at the side street. Instead he drove her in front of their building. If Hyun Joong didn’t walk her to her class, she will have a normal day. Stares and whispers are behind her again; luckily Tricia was with her all the time. She exactly knows that this will happen so she just ignored everything.

 

“Look who’s here, the y angel. You still got the nerves to show your face in here.” A bunch of girls welcomed her in the dance studio. So Min ignored them and continued walking, so they stopped her.

 

“Your angelic face is not perpendicular with dirty inside. I didn’t know how you seduced Hyun Joong and Woo Bin, so can I learn from you?”

 

“Yeah. We are very eager to learn So Min.”

 

“I can be a y angel if you want to sunbae. I don’t want you telling a lie sunbae.” She smirked and continued to walk.

 

Everybody went quiet when Helena stepped out of the changing room. She went directly in front of So Min. She looked at her with anger and hate and she slapped her hard.

 

“Tell them what you did to make them yours!” She said with her eyes firing anger at her.

 

“I can’t tell anything because I did nothing.” She answered without looking at her.

 

“I knew there is something with you, the first time I saw you. I didn’t expect that you will be like this with your angelic face. You sure did a good mixture of a and a .” *Slap.* “Why don’t you tell anything? You’re guilty?! You should be!”

 

“Touch her again and I’ll make sure you will lose your future.” Woo Bin slowly said while getting the bag of So Min from the floor. “It’s not her fault to be born in a rich family and be trapped in an arrange marriage.” He said and led her out.

 

“Song Woo Bin!” Helena called, so they stopped, but he didn’t look at her. “Can you at least look at me? You exactly know that I like you, since high school. I’m always in the side gazing at you, I already did everything to make you notice or at least look at me. Why can’t you? That just showed up and every guy I wanted wastes their time just staring at her.” So Min looked at Helena while making her confession. Helena didn’t mind the crowd, all she wants is to say this and make him guilty.

 

“You made a great decision to hurt So Min for me to notice you and even remember your name. Helena.” He said and they continued to walk. Helena can’t help herself from stopping her tears.

 

------------------

 

“Does your face hurt?” He asked as soon as they stopped under a tree.

 

“I’m okay. What could I say aside from thank you? You’re always there to save me.” She said with a smile; the smile that he missed for a week.

 

“Why did you let her?”

 

“She has every right to be mad at me.”

 

“But she doesn’t have the right to hurt you.” He said as he touched her hand.

 

Hyun Joong parted their hands and grabbed So Min’s bag from Woo Bin.

 

“And you don’t have the right to touch her! Thank you for saving her, but you doesn’t have to do it. I’m always here to protect her.”

 

“If you’re there that won’t be able to lift even a finger to her.” Hyun Joong was quiet. “Man, if you can’t take care of her, leave her, I can do it better than you do.” He said with those scary eyes. It was in his tone that he will not give up.

 

Hyun Joong just dragged So Min out of there.

 

“So Min, you could always say that you will be my girl.” He mumbled.