Chapter3

Blind Traces

 

Hyun Joong drove Helena home and went straightly in the mall. He finds the place So Min told him. He was getting irritated while walking, how she has lost in the mall.

 

‘I hate this. She is like a baby.’ He thought.

 

He found So Min sitting in a bench while sipping a drink. He noticed Woo Bin and Peter staring at So Min while having a coffee at a cafe.

 

“Hyun Joong, I’m sorry.” She uttered as soon as she saw Hyun Joong walking at her.

 

“Did you buy everything?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“No wonder you got lost. Come on.” Hyun Joong then walked and left So Min carrying all her stuffs.

 

-----------------

 

“It’s Kim Hyun Joong. How did he know that girl?”

 

“I don’t know.” Woo Bin said. Her interest on So Min just got grew larger.

 

“He’s in a relationship with Helena.”

 

“Helena?”

 

“Our school mate in high school, she likes you.”

 

“Majoring in dance?”

 

“Yeah. She got tired of following you, so she went out with Hyun Joong.”

 

“That girl just wants the popularity. I don’t like her. She will just use the man to be leveled up in society.”

 

“There you go again. Stating the things you hate to a girl.”

 

“I wouldn’t tell bad things if I’m not sure about it.”

 

“Whatever.” Woo Bin’s eyes were still glued on So Min.

 

‘She is pretty. How can she go out with that guy?’ Woo Bin thought.

 

-------------------

 

Hyun Joong is driving through Seoul, while stating the important marks to So Min. He didn’t give So Min a chance to ask a question. It was silence when he is not talking. So Min was just quietly listening to him. She was irritated on the fact that he let her carry all of her stuff and made her wait for about an hour and half.

 

‘He looks like a gentleman, but definitely not. Do I have really to marry him? Grandpa made sure that marriage would not take over unless he finishes his military duties. Things would change over the time.’ So Min thought.

 

“Hey, can we go the university?” So Min asked.

 

Hyun Joong didn’t answer, and just made their way to the university. Hyun Joong took So Min in the university and pointed the marks she must remember. So Min was just nodding, she kept her voice in .

 

So Min was memorizing the places Hyun Joong told her. She was mumbling the places, which made Hyun Joong irritated.

 

“Can you please keep quiet?”

 

“I’m sorry.” She said and looked at her window side.

 

-----------------

 

Hyun Joong walked directly to his room, leaving So Min to carry her shopping bags. She was having a hard time carrying. A maid helped her to bring everything in her room.

 

“Thank you.”

 

“It’s my job. Just be patient to Mister.” The maid smiled.

 

“I know. You can leave me now.” As soon as the maid shut the door, she laid down in the bed.

 

“Grandpa! I don’t think I can stand this.” She said to the air.

 

After resting for a bit, she went to shower. After wearing clothes, she jumped to the floor to check her stuffs. She placed everything in the closet after checking.

 

“So Min?” Mrs. Kim knocked in the door.

 

“Oh, Mrs. I mean Mom. Come in.” She smiled walking out of the walk-in closet.

 

“How’s your day?”

 

“It’s fine.” She smiled.

 

“Is Hyun Joong good to you?”

 

“Kinda. He did take me around Seoul and to the university.”

 

“Good. Have you had fun?” So Min just smiled and looked down. Mrs. Kim noticed the look on her face even though she smiled. “So Min, I can understand. I know you are still not comfortable to each other. Just try to get to know each other; I’m sure you’ll like each other in no time.” Mrs. Kim smiled.

 

“Thank you for understanding Mom. I’m very happy to have someone to call Mom now.”

 

“So Min, let’s just forget about the past. Let’s just enjoy the present and prepare for the future. Pasts are past. We should not repeat, just learn from it.” Mrs. Kim advised to So Min. She answered her with a smile.

 

---------------

 

“Miss, please don’t help us. We will all be fired if we let you touch an apron again in this house.” A maid said to So Min while holding the apron in her back.

 

“What are you talking about? I would just help prepare breakfast; I’m not going to a war.” So Min asked confused.

 

“We know, but Mrs. Kim clearly told us not to let you. She is afraid that you will hurt your hands. Please, we don’t want to lose our job Miss. Please?” The servants pleaded.

 

“If you put it that way, I don’t have a choice.” So Min said and walked away in a disappointed face.

 

“Thank you.” They bowed to her.

 

‘What is the big deal with making breakfast?’ She thought while walking.

 

She went to the garden to breathe some air. She was walking in the garden and watched the clouds forming different shapes.

 

‘Nothing beats the air in the countryside. I wonder what grandpa is doing now. I miss our house, my bed, and my friends.’ She thought.

So Min got out of her thought when she heard a singing voice. She saw Hyun Joong playing with a dog outside. She made sure if Hyun Joong was the one who sings, she was surprised to hear him singing.

 

‘He is a good singer.’ She thought.

 

So Min listens to him singing, with a smile on her face. His voice sounded like an angel’s voice, for So Min. She enjoyed the moment, until he stopped singing.

 

So Min saw Hyun Joong’s eyes looking at her coldly.

 

She rushed inside avoiding him. She wanted to ask him, what song is he singing and whose dog is he playing, but her inner ego told her to avoid him.

 

‘Stupid!’ she thought.

 

‘What a weird girl.’ He thought.