Chapter 24

Blind Traces

 

 

 

Kim Hyun Joong: a prince for many but an ignored prince for his soon to be wife.

 

This day will judge his fate. Whether he will be a husband or will continuously be the ignored prince. He was in his changing room getting ready for his wedding. The black tux he’s wearing seems to contemplate his emotions if his wedding would be canceled.

 

He was ready for the fact that he might just see a runaway bride.

 

Last night, he decided to tell her what he knows about the other prince. What happened to him, what happened to the man his wife loves.

 

‘Everything will be okay,’ he sung in his mind. He thought of hypnotizing himself with the positive views. He can say ‘She’ll be mine’ but he chose not to. Why? It’s because he wanted her to be happy. That’s how gentleman he is. He prepared well, if their wedding would be canceled he would take charge of everything. He will.

 

But, we must not forget that he is also a man of wit.

 

------

 

Exactly few moments before their wedding, he decided to take one last look to himself. ‘I still got it,’ he thought as he saw his reflection on the mirror. A groom to die for.

 

‘There is no turning back Kim Hyun Joong,’ he thought as he positioned himself in her changing room. He was leaning on the white wall where he can see her reflection in the mirror; an advantage for him or disadvantage?

 

He saw how beautiful Jung So Min is. A beauty he ignored all this time. If he just appreciated her none of this would happen? Not really.

 

‘There is still a chance to forget all of this,’ he thought, a thought to make him smile. Because he already dialed her number.

 

He saw her staring at her phone and soon mouthed his name just like asking ‘What does he need this time?’

 

“It’s show time,” he whispered as he saw So Min picking up her phone.

 

“Hyun Joong?”

 

“Yeah,”he answered.

 

Awkward silence encircled.

 

Hyun Joong already knew what to say but it just kills him on how to. No one could blame him. Who the hell would make a way to ruin such a lovely day? Only him, because he wants to be a gentleman. For what reason? For a princess’ happiness.

 

“Uhm. I have to tell you something.”

 

“That could wait. We have our entire lives after this, don’t we?”It was obvious in her tone that she forces herself to be excited and happy.

 

“Don’t be a sweetheart. You can do whatever what you want after this, just listen......very carefully because I might not repeat this.......”So Min kept quiet and waited.

 

The clock is ticking and Hyun Joong knows it. He didn’t know if he was getting some confidence or he is just delaying things. Last night he answered Jack’s question as well as his mother’s question; he loves her. He does, so he made this decision.

 

He saw it in many movies and heard it a thousand times, but all he says is that he would never ever leave let go his love. But, Jung So Min made him realize that love waits, love hurts, love let go, love understands, love respects, love makes one out of his mind and love.....................accepts.

 

“....Song Woo Bin met an accident the last time you saw him. But do not worry he is safe now....”Hyun Joong saw the saw surprise and worries in her face. It was a sign that any moment she could run and find him or he just thought?

 

‘Don’t say anything yet,’ he pleaded inside his mind.

 

“......” So Min was speechless. She was blaming herself for all of this, if she didn’t show up in their lives anything of this would happen. She wanted to run and see him, take care of him, be there for him. She wanted that so badly. But what she heard next made her decide not to.

 

“He is safe, totally safe..............but he lost his memory...........he forgot about everything. Peter also told me that there are certain events in his life that he would know but it is all back to his childhood.......where only happy memories are written,”he said.

 

He was still facing watching her closely as he says every single word. And he could say that she was decided. The decision that would make or break this day.

 

“You’re not yet late.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“He is leaving. His mother wants to get him and Mr. Song agreed to it....their flight is today.....you have 30 more minutes,”he said this with his eyes focused on her eyes.

 

“You want me to go,”she said as a statement.

 

“Decision is yours,”he answered.

 

“I’m not asking. I’m stating a fact,”she said as a tear fell from her eyes.

 

“Then...........tell me. You will? So that I can help you.”

 

“I........won’t. You’re doing this for my happiness? Then don’t. No one could ever say what will my happiness would be, not me and definitely not anyone. Do you expect me to marry you and live our life as miserable? Then you’re wrong. My parents sacrificed a lot for me so I would never ever trash my life. And.....to remind you letting go and moving on was never there just to be said. They exist because they are needed. We have our whole life together, right?”

 

He was surprised and he can’t hide the fact that he is happy about it.

 

“You are such an obedient granddaughter,”he said sarcastically.

 

“He deserves someone better than me. We already talked about this, there was no way out in this arrangement. Whether we like it or not we will end up together,”she said emotionless and he saw that. He saw that emotionless face that drives him crazy, he didn’t know if he should be happy or not.

 

“It’s all for him after all,”he said in a pained voice.

 

“It’s for everyone. If I choose to be with you it would be less hassle for everyone and if I did choose him it would be a big trouble for everyone. We might not also be happy about the life we will build together. A life that is full of what ifs and regrets. Right? .......Am I ruthless to say that I am happy that he lost his memory? It’s better for him to forget all about me.” So Min fought back the tears but they just came flowing unendingly.

 

“He said that you were the best thing that ever happened to him,” was his answer.

 

“I do not know what to say because you are still there,”she said in a genuine tone. “I am so selfish to have you both in my life. Two great men’s live was ruined by a girl like me. How selfish I am,” she laughed.

 

“Don’t laugh it sounds awful,”he said as he leaned his head on the wall for more support.

 

“....I wonder what life we would have in the future....”

 

“This sure sounds as a pre-wedding talk of engaged couple,”he smiled.

 

“We are engaged,”she said. She tried to be positive as possible but she just can’t hide that she is lonely right now.

 

“Don’t give me that look.”

 

So Min was about to turn around, “Don’t you ever dare to turn around. I don’t want you to see me in this awful state. A groom that has a regretful bride. How pathetic could it get? Huh?!”

 

“I’m sorry,”she said as she bowed her head and closed her eyes. “Then turn around too. I don’t want you to see me in this awful state. A bride that has an awful groom because of his selfish bride. How hurting it could get? Huh?!”

 

Some says it’s better to be alone than to be with someone who just hurts you. But what if that someone is the right one? He/She just came to your life in a wrong way.

 

Perfect is just a word to describe something that is too good in your eyes, it was never an adjective to describe anything in this world. Everything must undergo mistakes so it will have more meaning.

 

Hyun Joong and So Min might not be as wonderful individuals as you expect them to be, what if as husband and wife? As what married couple says, marriage is just another phase of life full of troubles and conflicts but what good about it is you have someone beside you to get over of all the s that would come in your way. 

 

-THE END-

 

 

 

 

And you should have guessed that I'm kidding about the ending,  right? Haha ^^ What now? IDK. If you see some ing errors please I beg you, deal with it. I'm too lazy to edit and I am no perfect in English. Srsly, I am not updating because I am busy with some matters just like being lazy. Haha ^^ Sorry if you are seeing bad words in here just close your eyes. I am no sweet and good, I cuss and I let you know when I do it ^^ So is this my blog? I am writing nonsense in here. Bbye! See you again...IDK when. Have a nice year people ^^

PS: Please lemme know if your having issues/misunderstandings with the story. Just PM or comment? I will try to explain everything. KIDDING. Haha ^^ This is a product of a crazy mind and wild imagination so don't expect a nice story from here ^^ So I just beg you to understand and if not, its okay you are not alone. I am here too. LOL.

PPS: And if you like it, I am glad. I like it too ^^