Chapter 28

Blind Traces

 

Chapter 28

 

Hyun Joong was rest assured, though not completely at least he is assured. Assured that right now, his wife will be at his side no matter what. She said that. She did. But still, he can’t forget that the man who almost had his wife will be back. It still haunts him, how she did expressed her care for him. How can he just forget everything? It’s been years....freakin’ 3 years.

 

All he wants to do now is to have her, spend his time with her, cherish her and love her. As he stares at her face, just inches from his, makes him smile. What more if he can cherish that? But, he thought about it. It’s just him that will be happy, how about her? He wants her to be happy and he knows what or who could make her happy. Should he just let her go? He doesn’t know. He wants to be selfish. He wants to be self-centered. He wants to be. And it’s up to her if he will be.

 

They say three years of marriage is long enough. But for him, him who is waiting for something to happen it is short, extremely short. If destiny just lent him those three years, he just wasted it. Nothing happened. And if his time is up, of course, it’s time to say goodbye. Everything starts. Everything ends.

 

“Good morning,” So Min greeted. “We have schedule today at 10 am, right?” Hyun Joong just nodded in response. “Okay, I’ll prepare breakfast first, you can shower first,” she smiled and get up from the bed.

 

Hyun Joong just can stare at door. Okay, this is the first time she greeted him a ‘Good Morning’ in the bed. It’s usually after she got up from the bed. Just after he recovered from shock he rushed to the bathroom to prepare himself.

 

“You can eat first,” So Min said when she saw Hyun Joong walking towards the table.

 

“It would be nice to eat together,” he replied.

 

They ate talking about the project they will be working on. Hyun Joong gave So Min a brief overview of the concept. At least their relationship is improving; they have something to talk about now for long.

 

One reason they don’t have a maid in the household is because Hyun Joong wanted So Min to talk only to him at home. Good idea.

 

------------

 

Just as soon as So Min stepped out of the car she held on his arms for two reasons, one to gather strength, and lastly she just wants it.

 

He noticed the fright in her touch, so he smiled to assure her. “Thanks,” she muttered.

 

“Let’s go. Don’t worry,” he said.

 

As soon as they entered the building, staffs greeted Kim Hyun Joong and everyone was left with a question, ‘Who is the girl he’s with?’ Everybody was left curious, the staffs begun to chitchat and spread buzz.

 

“Good Morning Mr. Kim,” Mr. Park greeted. “Good Morning Mrs. Kim! It’s nice to meet you,” he said loudly enough to make the buzzers around hear it.

 

“My pleasure,” So Min bowed.

 

Few steps away from the conference room So Min stopped on her way making Hyun Joong and Mr. Lee stop. Her husband sensed why so he ordered Mr. Park to go first. As soon as Mr. Park entered the conference room, he asked, “So Min-ah....what’s wrong?” she just looked at him with a blank expression. “Don’t be nervous, you’ll do great,” he assured.

 

“I can’t help it,” she countered with a hint of annoyance. She doesn’t want to feel this way, but what can she do, her feeling has a mind of its own.

 

“Look,” he paused to think of the right words to comfort her. This is the first time she showed him the nervous-wreck So Min, that’s why he doesn’t know what to do. She was always a fine lady in front of everyone. “You ju-----”

 

“I’m sorry,” she cut. “I’m sorry for being nervous. I’m sorry it’s just that I d-------”

 

“Ssssshhhhhhh,” he hushed as he gave her a hug.

 

“Thank you,” she smiled sweetly and gave him a quick peck on the cheeks.

 

Hyun Joong was about to give her a quick peck on the lips when the director butted in, “Okay lovebirds! Enough of the sweetness, it’s creepy,” he joked then laughed.

 

“Director, how are you?”

 

“I’m good Mrs. Kim,” he answered emphasizing the last two words with a hint of mockery to Hyun Joong. “Let’s go, we’ll catch up later,” he winked to So Min. She just smiled to the sheepish director, ‘This is why Unni Lea liked you,’ she thought.

 

She just smiled to the Director and turned to face her husband. There, Hyun Joong took 2 steps ahead of her and stopped to offer his hands. So Min smiled to him and gladly took a hold of it. Simple gestures makes the both of them smile, great isn’t it? It was a big change for their relationship.

 

The whole production team welcomed So Min, but too bad for the boys; Hyun Joong was carrying an imaginary note saying: BACK OFF SHE’S MINE, through the poker face he wears during the whole introduction.

 

‘Jealous, huh?’ The director smirked.

 

Little known to everybody, the jealousy he feels for now is just a petty thing. It’s just a cute jealousy. It was nothing compared to the jealousy and hurt brought by only one person.

 

Because they almost need to redo everything they all had their lunch at the room, a little bonding for everyone. All was courtesy of Hyun Joong, thanks to Director’s nasty convincing powers.

 

“So.....how’s the first day?”

 

“Shut up,” Hyun Joong answered.

 

“You need to treat us lunch every now and then,” Director said. “I am seeing improvements with your relationship man!”

 

“How about I invite Lea to the show? Oh.....there’s no need to do that, she will come no matter what happens, knowing that it’ll be my wife’s biggest project,” he smirked.

 

“You’re evil,” Director whispered.

 

“You started this,” Hyun Joong answered with a winning smile.

 

Their meeting ended just as the same time as the sun set. Everybody was preparing to leave when So Min got a phone call from his grandfather. It was a long talk knowing they haven’t saw each other for months.

 

“Is grandpa okay?”

 

“Yeah, he just called to let us know that we are invited for the kid’s festival, too bad we can’t go.”

 

“We can visit them after this,” Hyun Joong said.

 

------------------

 

“Peter, how are you?”

 

“I’m good, how about you?” Peter answered the phone call in a serious tone.

 

“I do not know. You know this; I don’t know what I should feel.”

 

“I know. Woo Bin, just don’t think too much, it’ll be bad for you.”

 

“Damnit! How can I not think?! Especially now?! Huh?! Tell me!! I don’t know what’s really happening to me!! I’ve been okay for the last three years,” Woo Bin said frustrated.

 

“How is she?” Peter asked to divert the topic.

 

“The hell I care,” Prince Song answered in a menaced tone.

 

“Woo Bin.....you need to look after her, she’s yo----”

 

“SHUT UP! I don’t want to hear it.”

 

“As you say so, Prince Song.”

 

“I need to go. I’ll see you in a bit,” Woo Bin ended the phone call and Peter could just sigh. The day has come, his return, Prince Song’s return.

 

-------------------

Forgive me for the lame update. This is all what I got. I just want to end this before school, so yeah, please bear with lame updates. Okies? Erors? Deal with it. Thanks for the time. And everything is very much appreciated :))

I wanted to ask you what kind of ending you guys expect, but I know, you guys want HYUNMIN, so okay, no more questions. HAHA. And for the record, PrinceMackaroo takes Woo Bin if ever it won't work out between him and So Min, okay?! Hahaha :)))