Chapter18

Blind Traces

 

Hyun Joong released So Min in front of his car. He intently pinned her through the car. She looked away but that pissed him more. He touched her face and helped her to face him but she shrug, not because she doesn’t want but also because it hurts. He noticed the reddening of her face.

 

“Does it hurt?”

 

“Not really.” She answered coldly.

 

“I thought we are okay.” He asked leaning closer to her.

 

“We are. But why do you have to be so rude to him? He didn’t do anything. Oh yeah, he just saved me.” He answered sarcasticall.u.

 

“He saved you again. Why does he love to save you? So Min we both know that he likes you. Don’t you think it’s unfair for me?”

 

“Unfair? We’re not doing anything. Fine! He likes me. Did I entertain him?”

 

“That’s why it’s unfair. You’re not entertaining him but you two are so close. Me? I’m your fiancé but we are so distant. What more if you entertain him?” He said with sound of pain in each word coming out from his mouth and heart.

 

That was like a brick smacked on So Min’s head. She slowly laid her eyes on his, there she saw a sincere and hurt Hyun Joong. Flashbacks of their shared time on countryside rush in her mind one at a time. She blushed when she remembered the night they shared.

 

“Are you jealous?” She asked trying to hide her reddening face.

 

“What?!” He asked with surprise. He was completely surprised and shy from the sudden question. He is freaking mad but why? Is he jealous? Why would you be mad from seeing your fiancée with a guy? Is it jealousy or just pride?

 

“So Min!” A sophomore called. Hyun Joong released her and entered his car with a big sigh of relief.

 

“Yes sunbae?” She asked with a small grin in her face.

 

“Mianhe. I just want to tell you that school fair is next week.”

 

“Oh. Okay sunbae. Good luck to all of us.” She smiled.

 

“Mianhe for ruining your moment.”

 

“You didn’t.”

 

“I’ll be going now.” The sunbae said and walked off. So Min was left there staring at nowhere with a smile.

 

“Wanna walk home?” Hyun Joong asked coldly from the car.

 

-----------------------------

 

 A week just passed by so fast. In that week So Min has been busy practicing for the coming school fair. Her co-members didn’t dare to bother her again, they all practice professionally. Helena on the other side was just being a trash as she can be; she’s messing up her life though not her dance, she was still graceful as ever.

 

So Min will continually call her grandfather often to check on him. To her surprise this school fair is just a blast for her. Mr. Jung her grandfather is one of the special guests, he purposely didn’t mention it to surprise her. He was there sitting in the front row with Hyun Joong, Woo Bin and his father. Hyun Joong and grandpa were being chatty and stuffs. Mr. Song sitting in the side joined their conversation once in a while. Woo Bin was just there completely silent on the side of his father; he was controlling himself not to leave the place to watch So Min’s performance. Woo Bin and Hyun Joong exchanged heavy looks in between.

 

The curtains and lights opened to give way to the dance club. Helena graced the stage first and followed by the other sunbaes.

 

“She’s good.” Mr. Jung commented. Hyun Joong just nodded; he remembered how he fell in love to the same girl with her gracefulness.

 

‘Not now!’ He thought.

 

“Dance students are really good.” Woo Bin commented intently giving Hyun Joong a look.

 

The girls are really showering the stage with grace leaving the people in the gymnasium with amazement. Lea and Helena really stand out from the all the dancers.

 

So Min was watching in the backstage very nervous and fidgeting. She was really amazed by Helena and Lea, they were moving gracefully and every move was like easy for them. A sunbae approached So Min and gave her a good luck so, she responded with a smile.

 

“Grandpa?” She asked to herself when she saw him with Hyun Joong, but what caught her is her grandpa’s closeness to Woo Bin’s father. “How did he know him?” She mumbled.

 

So Min just forgot what’s eating up her curiosity and made everyone speechless. She was like the goddess of dance performing to her people. Her long dark brown hair bouncing perfectly with every move she makes, her red gown complementing her body giving the guys a tingling sensation, her charms and smiles that melts the heart of Woo Bin and Hyun Joong, and her talent that can make her one of the few.

 

Woo Bin and Hyun Joong’s eyes never parted So Min on her whole performance. They can’t say anything to her; they were left with amazement, desire and attraction to her.

 

The dancers bid their bow and the audience gave them a standing ovation. Mr. Jung praised Mr. Song for such fabulous students and of course Mr. Song humbly praised his granddaughter.

 

Each of the dance club members gave their praises to each other. Helena set aside her hatred towards So Min by that time; she kindly gave her a handshake and a smile. So Min willingly accepted her hand and answered with a kind smile.

 

----------------------------

 

Hello?” So Min asked while waiting outside the backstage.

 

“So Min, it’s me. I just called to say you did great with your performance.”Woo Bin called sneaking from his father.

 

“Thank you.”She smiled shyly.

 

“My pleasure. I want to greet you personally but Dad dragged me to meet some important people.”Woo Bin said while looking out in his environment.

 

It’s okay. Your call is too much already. Thank you. Oww. I’ll see you around grandpa is here. I didn’t know that your Dad and my grandpa know each other.” She said.

 

“I was surprised too. I’m gonna ask Dad about it.”

 

So Min saw Hyun Joong fast approaching her.

 

“I’m going now. Thank you.”

 

So Min closed her phone before Hyun Joong could hear and notice that she was talking to someone. She put her phone on her bag and innocently grabbed her other bag. Hyun Joong got her bag on her hands and smiled.

 

“You’re great. You literally outshined them all including Lea.”

 

“Not really but thank you.” She answered shyly.

 

“I almost wanted to jump off the stage to cover you up.” He said bluntly.

 

“Mom gave me that dress.” She answered with half smile.

 

Hyun Joong held her hands and pulled her while carrying her bag on the side.

 

“Grandpa isn’t here, you don’t need to act.” She said trying to find an answer from his actions. She was hesitant to ask because she might not get the answer she wants.

 

“I’m not acting my dear fiancee.” He smiled.

 

So Min just followed him blushing from his last statement.

 

Holding hands while walking around the university with your partner willingly carrying your bag is every girl’s fantasy. That fantasy just turned So Min to be the hottest SYT (sweet young thing) in the whole campus. She just got her new admirers but those already were broken hearted knowing Woo Bin is her protector and now Hyun Joong holding her hands.

 

-------------------------------

 

“Where are we going?”

 

“Somewhere in heaven.” He answered with a teasing smile and lustful gaze at her. So Min was literally taken aback and held her seatbelt tight.

 

“Can I meet grandpa?” She said trying to shake off a dirty thought in her mind.

 

“He said its time.” He answered playfully.

 

So Min just stared at him with a big shock face thinking it was a wrong move wearing that red dress. ‘Oh crap! Must think of a move to get out of here.’ She thought.

 

“Don’t even dare think of leaving me hanging.” He glared.

 

“What will you say if I say that I like you right now?” He asked just like nothing. The truth was he was nervous and afraid. He just wants to know what she thinks. It will be crap if he’s just the one feeling that unexplainable feeling.

 

So Min looked away trying to avoid his eyes. She didn’t know what to answer.

 

She knows that in her heart there is already a name starting to be carved in there.