Chapter 26

Blind Traces

 

 

Chapter 26

 

Hyun Joong is excited and nervous at the same time. Though they are married both can’t set aside the fact that they are not that close. They are an example of a wedded couple in a chaebol like family. He is now standing in the doorway of his wife’s studio because they are to have dinner with some friends, friends from the past.

 

One more step and he is in, but he can’t bring himself inside.

 

‘Oh c’mon why am I being nervous?’

 

He stepped back when he noticed the little girls running towards the door to give their parents and guardians a big hug. He smiled at the scene. Those little girls’ smiles makes the tired him feel relaxed, that’s why he loves to visit his wife’s studio. He wishes to have his own children, running toward him, giving him a big hug. But, how could that happen if his own relationship with his wife is just good?

 

“Mommy!!!” A girl cried near him wandering her eyes around. He noticed that the girl is the only one who doesn’t have someone to fetch her.

 

“Mommy!!! Mommy!!!”

 

Hyun Joong walked towards the girl and kneeled in front of her.

 

“Where is your Mommy?”

 

“Waaaaaaahhhhh!!! Mommmmmmmyyyyy!!!”

 

The little girl just cried more. He panicked and didn’t know what to do. Good thing, his lovable wife came rushing outside to get the little girl.

 

“Teacher! Teacher!” The girl cried and run towards So Min and hugged her tight. So Min on the other hand welcomed her with a hug also.

 

“It’s okay,” So Min said while she touches the little girl’s hair. She also wiped her tears with her bare hands.

 

“Here,” Hyun Joong offered his handkerchief. So Min just smiled to him.

 

They brought the girl inside So Min’s office and called the mother of the little girl.

 

“Your Mom is on her way,” So Min said to comfort the crying girl.

 

“Thank you teacher,” the little girl smiled and gave her a hug.

 

Hyun Joong smiled at the scene. He asked himself, “How nice could it get if you’re hugging our own little child?” Of course, he also dreams of having a complete family not just being in good terms with his wife. And he is determined to bring that dream into a reality.

 

“You love kids?” He asked as they watched the girl running to her mother.

 

“Yeah. I really love to see them smile when they achieve something out of hard work. And what I love most about them,” she paused for a little and looked at the dim sky, “is that they are innocent, innocent to everything.”

 

Hyun Joong can’t help to think what did his wife meant by ‘innocent to everything’. It has been three years, yet he wasn’t sure of anything. There were no signs of reassurance, only confusions. Whenever he tries to think of it, he self pity. And that was the last thing he wants to feel. Why? Because he loves her. He loves her that he doesn’t want her to feel pathetic; pathetic in the sense that she made his own husband to feel this way.

 

“And here are they,” Jack announced as soon as he saw the figure of Hyun Joong and So Min. He immediately runs to give his good friend a hug since he just came from the other country. He and Peter stayed there for the last 1 and a half years. Yeah, it was Peter with him not Mark. After everything happened, they found Peter’s company fun. After drinking with him at So Min and Hyun Joong’s reception, they just clicked anyway.

 

“Peter,” So Min softly called him and gave him a hug. Hyun Joong didn’t know why, but he felt something is gonna happen. Now, that Peter is back and knowing him as Prince Song’s best buddy. Of course, he got some news with him.

 

“Ehem! So Min, don’t I deserve a hug also?” Tricia said as soon as she saw the gang.

 

“Hey! Tricia!! It’s been just 2 weeks since,” So Min playfully said as she gave her good friend a hug. That was it. Their college friends that knows almost everything about their past. And that was one of the reason they called this dinner.

 

They just shared their life adventures in the time they were not together. Catching up, laughing at each other, bullying and missing each other are the things they did. It was years since the last time and that last times were full of awkwardness. This time, it was just pure fun for everyone. Though, Hyun Joong can’t hide the fact that he is afraid of something or better yet someone.  

 

“It’s sure early to go home,” Mark said eyeing Jack.

 

“Yeah. What do you think?” Jack second that and eyed Tricia. They are up to something. The boys want to corner Hyun Joong and talk about something very important.

 

“So Min-ah seems like the boys want to have some fun.”

 

“Okay. I’ll lend you my husband,” So Min said with a smile reassuring Hyun Joong. That particular statement made Hyun Joong smile, big time. Not because he got the approval of his wife, but because she said my husband. In their three years of life together, never she did mention it, just now.

 

The boys sent So Min home first, Tricia decided to stay with her to do their own catching up.

 

“It’s been a while,” Jack whined.

 

“As if,” Peter hissed.

 

These boys are better off as buddies, they all realized it. Back in college their particular group has a tension, a tension with the battle to the world of unknown. Is it still unknown? Maybe.

 

“What are you guys up to?” Hyun Joong asked. He isn’t stupid not to feel that something is up. He is a man of wit. And he knows that, that’s why he is using that trick.

 

Jack looked at Hyun Joong with eyes full of unexpressed and unexplainable uncertainties. He was with Peter, so it isn’t impossible for him to know something to. It’s just that he feels more for Hyun Joong than Peter do, after all Peter is Prince Song’s best buddy.

 

Mark didn’t want to ruin the night that early that’s why he tried his best to get the attention and shift it to more fun things. He’s been with Hyun Joong in all of these years, so he knows that whatever Jack and Peter have will surely affect him. BIG TIME.

 

As they share their own stories, Hyun Joong can feel more tense and nervous at the same time. He knows that something is up and it concerns Prince Song. With his every laugh, a sign of being scared is becoming obvious. The more he tries to keep it the more it becomes obvious.

 

When he found a chance he totally grabbed it, “Peter,” he started. Peter smiled at him, a smile that depicts lots of emotions. “How is he?” He asked.

 

“Hyun Joong-ah you want some more?” Mark tried to divert his attention.

 

“Mark,” Hyun Joong said, “I know you guys know something. Just spill the beans. The more you keep it, the more it kills me.” With that, Mark just fixed his sit and looked down. Jack did the same. They are both looking down, because they wouldn’t take to see their friend, hurt for the nth time again. Yes, what he will know will surely hurt him.

 

“Peter,” he called once again. This time, he is literally nervous. He didn’t know if he still wants to hear it, looking at the reaction of his friends.

 

Peter is also having a hard time to speak. He became friends with him also and it hurts him to think about the past, “Hyun Joong, are you sure of So Min now?” He asked. “Answer me and I’ll think about telling this to you.” Mark and Jack just sighed deep, deep enough to gather strength to look at their friend.  

 

‘DAMN! Why do they have to keep me thinking?!’

 

“Just tell me,” Hyun Joong said almost pleading. He didn’t know what else could he feel, he just want to know what makes them act like this. He is desperate.

 

“Peter,” Jack called.

 

“Shut up jack,” Hyun Joong said. His damn curiosity is killing him; he wouldn’t let anyone to hinder him from knowing this.

 

Peter looked at Hyun Joong’s eyes, there he saw what is the answer to his question. Yet, he decided to tell him because of his pleading eyes also, “Hyun Joong-ah, Woo Bin will be back.”

 

 

 

------------------------------------

 

 

Okay! I know! I know! It has been 2 months since I last updated. Psh. If you already forgot the story just please go back to the previous chapter. Hehe. Sorry! Its just a suggestion so I'm not forcing you guys. And, if you are here thinking and asking 'Where is the sweet chapters?' Blame me! LOL. I told you, the writer is crazy. And this particular story has an outline that varies from time to time, depending on what will I type. Yeah, I just think about the chapters when I type, though sometimes I have a clear image of it. And this chapter is half way done long time ago. LOL. And I just thought about this, next semester will kill me. So, I'll try my best to finsih my storiesssss before that time comes. Goodluck to me :) Have fun people! Cheers and Chill :)

 

Question: What do you think will happen if Prince Song will be back?