Chapter1

Blind Traces

 

So Min just got in Seoul, she was very happy to finally see Seoul, but she hates the fact that she needs to live in a busy city away from her grandfather. She never met her parents, they died when she was still a baby, due to an accident.

 

The driver who fetch her drove her to a mansion. She was welcomed by the Kim family. Mrs. Kim was very happy to see her, she hugged her. Mr. Kim gave her a welcoming smile. Hyun Joong the only son of the family is not happy to see her, he didn't even talked to her nor smile at her, he was like a statue staring at her.

 

'Woah. Is it really him? He looks perfect. How would his girlfriend react to this?' So Min thought while looking down.

 

-------------------

 

Mrs. Kim personally designed her room, it was across Hyun Joong's room. It was a perfect fit for a princess. It was a pink, white, and red themed. Everything was just perfect. She was amazed by the room they gave her. It was very different from her room back in the country side. They live a simple life back in there. They are rich but her grandfather decided to just live a simple life, which she enjoyed.

 

"Did you like it? I personally made everything." She nodded. "I am happy that you liked it, I was longing for a daughter ever since Sophia died. She is Hyun Joong's older sister. She died at the age of 5 because of a disease. Enough of it, I'm happy to have you here." Mrs. Kim smiled.

 

"Thank you for everything Mrs. Kim." So Min smiled.

 

"I'm the one who should be thanking you. Thank you for accepting our invitation to live with us."

 

"I'm really shy to accept it, Grandpa just insisted. I'm not regretting it though."

 

"You are too nice and pretty. You should rest now, I bet you got tired of the long travel."

 

"Thank you." Mrs. Kim smiled and leave the room.

 

-------------------

 

It was her dream to have a complete family. She was envious of Hyun Joong who have what she dreams for.

 

She was silently unpacking her things  and organizing everything in the closet.  She found the pictures of her parents and placed it beside her bed.

 

"Mom, Dad I'm on a new place now. Please help me adjust on my new life." So Min smiled at it.

 

-------------------

 

"So you are So Min, my fiance?" So Min was shocked from the sudden appearance of Hyun Joong.

 

"Yes." She bowed her head to him.

 

"Don't think I like the fact that we will be staying under the same roof and especially being engaged to you." Hyun Joong said in a cold tone. So Min was feeling uneasy that time, but she can't just help herself to speak. He continued. "Since you will be attending the same university as me, I want you to keep your mouth shut about our relationship, pretend that you don't know me in school. I don't want you to interfere with my life. That's all." He then leave.

 

So Min was left in shock, she was surprised that his future husband is being cold and mean to her. 

 

'I guess I have to bear with this for a long time.' She smiled to the picture of her parents.

 

It was the first time, someone talked to her that way. She was well loved back in the countryside, no one ever bad mouthed over her. The people in their village loves her, she was kind, bubbly, understanding and smart. 

 

She convinced herself, that Hyun Joong was just not used to her and shocked from her sudden appearance in his life.

 

-------------------

 

"Hyun Joong take So Min around Seoul tomorrow." Hyun Joong's father ordered him.

 

"Okay." He said coldly.

 

"So Min, please be comfortable to us. We will be family soon." Mrs. Kim smiled to her. She noticed that So Min was eating uncomfortably.

 

"Yes, Mrs. Kim."

 

"You can call me Mom now."

 

"But..."

 

"No buts!"

 

When dinner ended, So Min wants to take care of the dishes, but Mrs. Kim stopped her. Her help was not needed since they have maids to do that and she is the future mistress of the mansion.

 

-------------------

 

'What's with the girl, acting strangely.' Hyun Joong thought as he entered their music room.

 

The music room was large enough for all the music instruments packed in there. Everything was expensive and of quality. It is where Hyun Joong spends most of his spare time, when he is not with his friends and girlfriend, Helena.

 

He is busy playing the guitar to make another piece. Hyun Joong looks very charming while playing his guitar, you can mistaken him for being an angel if you see him.

 

He stopped playing when he remembered how did the two of them got engaged and how will he tell Helena about it.