Chapter 27

Blind Traces

 

Chapter 27

 

 

“Bah! She is so selfish! How can she just push him away?! Huh?! Didn’t she realize that he needs her most this time? She is damn sick! How can she just push everyone away?”

 

“Maybe she doesn’t want to get everyone pitying her.”

 

“No! So Min, she needs to realize that she needs to be happy on her last days!”

 

“She doesn’t want to be selfish.”

 

“Look, So Min being happy is not being selfish.”

 

“I know! Argh! Why are we arguing anyway?”

 

“I do not know,” Tricia said followed by tears. Girls will be girls. Tricia and So Min are both in front of the television shredding tears while watching a late night drama.

 

To recover from the sadness of the drama they both decided to cook the sadness away. Basically, it’s just So Min that is cooking Tricia just cuts some veggies and talk.

 

“Aren’t you pregnant? Gah! It’s been three years for Pete’s sake!”

 

“Where are the carrots?” So Min asked to avoid her friend’s question. From all of the topic they talk about, getting pregnant is one of those she wants to avoid utmost.

 

“Hey! Don’t tell me,” Tricia eyed her suspiciously. So Min gave her a look to shut up, so she dropped that question. “How is grandpa?”

 

“Speaking of which, I need to see him. I’ve been so busy lately with the girl’s recital,” So Min said as she plumped down in the counter chair in front of Tricia.

 

“Booh! I wanna go back to your place but that damn work is killing me. And speaking of which, have you heard that your husband’s project is in shambles?”

 

“What?!”

 

“Okay, I spilled the beans,” Tricia said disapprovingly. She didn’t have a choice. She just has to tell her or else that boiling carrots on the pot will be replaced by her. From their long friendship she knew that So Min can sometimes be so naughty, and that scares her. Sweet persons becoming evil are really evil.

 

Tricia being a dancer have heard of that project, too bad, Hyun Joong didn’t dragged her along with that because he knows she will drag So Min with her.

 

“No choreographer wants to work with your husband.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Maybe he is so strict. You know him, he has this side of being a perfectionist,” Tricia noticed that dagger look, So Min is giving her, “I just heard that every choreographer in this country is afraid of how big the project is, that’s why no one wants to work with them.”

 

So Min made her way back to the boiling carrots without giving a comment. Tricia noticed this and thought that maybe, her friend wants to work with it. After all, she confessed to her that she chose to teach just because of Hyun Joong.

 

Flashback

 

“So Min-ah are you sure? I don’t think he will oppose this. This is your dream,” Leah said to convince So Min. Because she heard from her boss that she refused their offer to dance with them and showcase their talent around the world.

 

“Unnie, it will be better if I’ll stay at his side.”

 

“So Min, why? Ahh! I know you just married him because of your grandfather’s request. I don’t know how to say this,” Leah said out of frustration.

 

“I’ve hurt him enough. Yeah, we are married because of arrange marriage, but that doesn’t mean I won’t be a wife for him. The day I said my vows is also the day I commit myself to him. I know, he knows that I don’t love him, and that hurts him. Even though we are living in the same roof, he is hurting because of me. What more if I’ll leave him behind? He will hurt more,” So Min said and smiled to Leah.

 

“So Min,” that’s what can Leah just say. She just hugged her. From all this time, she wasn’t selfish. She exactly knows that love sacrifice.

 

Flashback ends

 

 

“So Min-ah, I need to go. My sister is really! Argh! I’m sorry. I promise to be back. Just call the boys so they’ll bring back your husband,” Tricia reminded So Min before she rushed out of the door.

 

“I know. Take care,” So Min screamed to the running Tricia. She just closed the door and sat on the patio to wait for her husband. This has been the first time she’s doing this.

 

‘..being happy is not being seflish..’ So Min smiled at the thought. ‘For others it isn’t, for me it is,’ she smiled bitterly.

 

When she is about to enter their house, a car stopped at their driveway, she saw the figure of those gentleman. Hyun Joong went down from the car and was surprised to see her, at the patio, waiting for him.

 

Peter, Jack and Mark were also surprised but they are happy to see this. They exchanged knowing look and they just waved to So Min to tell her they are off.

 

‘I don’t know who will win this time. I just hope So Min won’t get hurt,’ Peter thought.

 

Hyun Joong was frozen in his spot, he didn’t move, he just stared at her. She, on the other hand, feels uncomfortable with that stare.

 

“Are you okay?” She asked with utmost concern.

 

“Y-yeah. Let’s go inside,” he invited. He just plumped down on the couch on their living room and stared at the ceiling, still thinking.

 

“Are you hungry? Tricia and I cooked, too bad her sister called her,” So Min said as she entered.

 

“That’s why it’s quiet around here,” he said.

 

“Come on, let’s eat first. You guys just had a drink,” she said and prepared the table. He didn’t have the chance to say no, because she already finished up preparing.

 

“I heard what happened with the project,” So Min started. She thought about this, she wants to help him and she wants to do this.

 

Hyun Joong forgetting all about it, looked at her, “Tricia is sometimes so talkative,” he said. “That’s life. Everything is gonna be fine.”

 

“It’ll be, especially if you will hire me.” Hyun Joong almost choked with what he heard. “I want to help you,” she said in the most sincere way she can.

 

“So Min,” he managed to say. “I was about to ask you,” he said and smiled at her. So Min can’t hide the happiness she feels that she squealed in front of him.

 

“Thank you,” she said.

 

------------

 

Hyun Joong can’t sleep that night, though, she already said yes to him. He was still thinking of Woo Bin, his greatest rival.

 

‘Why does this need to happen when we are being okay?’

 

He was having his own shot of drinks while gazing at the stars at their terrace from their room. The thought of working with her excites him, but the thought of him going back crushes his excitement, his dream, and his chance.

 

He was so immersed with his thoughts that he didn’t realize that So Min already gulped down what’s left on his glass and what’s left on the bottle. He just realized it when she leaned on him for balance. She isn’t a strong drinker.

 

“What are you doing?” He asked and helped her to sit properly beside him. So Min just smiled at him and faced him, she held his face and made him look at her, straight in the eyes.

 

“So-so Min.”

 

“Hyun Joong, I can feel that you are bothered. When is the time you’re not,” she paused and laughed.

 

“Just sleep,” he said.

 

“Shhh,” she said and covered his mouth with his left hand, the other still holding his face. “You know what, just trust me and everything will be okay.......I might not have the guts to say that I love you at this time, just trust me that I will be in your side no matter what. You can push me away a thousand times, but you will never have the chance to stop me.........I am not here because of nothing, I believe that I married you because it will be you....”

 

“You are ju----” He tried to say something but she covered his mouth, not with her hands because he can still speak with it, so what’s the use of using it, she just used her own lips to stop him. Stop him from hurting himself. The kiss she started was soft and gentle but when he realized they were sharing a kiss, it was getting hotter and hotter. The way they move their lips wants to show something. It wants to prove something. It is intense.  Who cares? They are married.

 

“...just remember that my dream is to have a complete and happy family whenever you’re in doubt, because I myself isn’t sure of anything,” So Min said as they broke apart and hugged his husband.

 

 

Thanks for the warm welcome people! Cheers!