(Pt2)It's not pity... I truly care for you

Youngjae OneShots

I double... no, triple checked this... maybe even more lol... I hope you like this last part (:

Got inspiration from this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg1r6DzXFl0


You were at your desk gulping down a water bottle as you worked. It had been almost a week since you last saw Youngjae and Himchan with his girl. You were having a hard time with those old feelings. They kept coming back to you and you felt your chest becoming tighter whenever you thought about it. The memories were too much to handle. You shook your head whenever you felt your sight blurry due to the tears that blocked your eyes. He was just one guy _____... You have to let go already!

You tried to make yourself feel better by thinking you were fine about it. But there was something that was making you feel even worse. And that was Youngjae. You shut out the only true friend you’ve had. He’s been with you through many things after you moved here. He already knew you weren’t okay, but you pushed him away afraid he’d feel sorry for you. You knew he wasn’t going to be like those who cared for you a while and leave, but you hated being the victim.

It was all driving you crazy, and you already felt insane. Your sight became blurry once again, but you shook it off. You got up and walked to your kitchen. You had left a glass cup in your counter so you picked it up. As you walked to wash the cup, you grabbed your head as you felt weak. The silence in your empty apartment was over due to the crash of broken glass in the floor. You kneeled down ignoring your dizzy head and began to pick up the glass, making you cut your hand with it. That was it…

Everything you’ve been holding on for as long as this begun came out. You got up ignoring the rest of the broken glass and started to cry heavily. You treated your hand and cried even more. Now it was a combination of the sting of the medication and all the feelings you brought back. You bandaged your hand as the tears kept falling. You couldn’t take it anymore, you closed yourself out of the world and it was the worst thing you could do. Now you realized what you had done.

You opened your apartment door weakly and not even cared that you left it open. You were tripping over your own steps, but you needed him now… He was the only one that could help you and you knew it.

You finally stood in front of his door, and without thinking twice you knocked softly. He opened the door and looked at you with worry obvious in his eyes. He grabbed your wounded hand and said:

“______... What happened?”

“I- I… can’t… ” –You tried to speak up, but the strength you had left wasn’t enough. You stumbled in front of him.

He held you and picked you up. You hadn’t fainted, you were just too dizzy. He quickly took you to your apartment. The door was open so he entered and put you in the couch. You resisted closing your heavy eyelids; you looked at him who went to close the door and saw him walk back to you. You were exhausted… This time you were truly exhausted, you hadn’t slept well in days, mostly because you were suffocating in your own thoughts, plus another thing was causing your weakness.

Youngjae kneeled in front of you and saw you fighting your sleep.

“I’m really tired… I can’t take it anymore…” –You said taking small pauses between words.

Youngjae saw the tiredness in your face, and he caressed it. He fixed the messy hair that was falling.

Just sleep a little… We can talk after you rest.” –He said as he gently closed your lids. You nodded and smiled a little, before falling into deep sleep you managed to say hoping he’d hear.

“Thank you… Youngjae…”

---

He watched you as you fell asleep; he finally felt at ease that you came to him. He got up from in front of the couch and took a look at your apartment. It was organized though you hadn’t gone out in so long, but your desk area was a mess. He chuckled remembering how you could get so stressed with work and just make a disaster with the papers when you couldn’t get something right. He looked back from afar at the couch checking you were comfortable or that you wouldn’t fall if you moved.

If you only knew how I felt for you, you wouldn’t have to cry over someone who’s not worth it.

He decided that he’d make something for you to eat. He walked to your kitchen but stopped when he felt something crack under his shoe. He looked down and saw the broken glass from earlier. He bit his lip now understanding why you had the bandage on your hand. He decided he’d pick it up after he made something for you to eat. But when he opened your refrigerator his worry grew even more. You only had a couple of water bottles and some crackers inside a bowl… She needs me more than I thought…

He closed the door feeling a hard pain in his chest, he understood many things now. Why you were losing so much weight, why you stumbled, why you were so tired. He picked up carefully the remaining glass in the floor and dumped it. He walked to the couch where you were soundly asleep.

I’m not leaving you alone now… Not anymore.

He kneeled down and kissed your forehead softly. You shifted a little and he shushed you.

“Don’t get up yet. I’m going to get you something quick. But I’ll be back… Just sleep.”

You mumbled something in your half sleep, but then you nodded and hummed, moving your head to the side.

Youngjae got up and closed the door slowly.

----

You open your eyes trying to adjust to the faint light coming from the kitchen. The smell of food fills your nostrils. As you sit down your thoughts begin to fall into place. You breaking down, the cut in your hand, and walking to Youngjae’s apartment. You walk clumsily to the kitchen. Youngjae was putting some food into a plate turned around. He saw you were stumbling so he quickly rushed to you.

He walked you to the table as you held your beating head.

“You should’ve called me if you wanted to get up. You have no energy left to walk.”

He got the chair out and you sat down holding on to your head. He walked to the kitchen counter and grabbed the plate bringing it to you.

“Here eat…”

You nodded and you started to eat slowly. You hadn’t had a decent meal in a long time, and it was slowly filling that empty stomach of yours. Youngjae sat in the chair next to you observing you making sure you ate it all.

You finished the last bit of food in your plate and sighed satisfied. Youngjae couldn’t help but to smile.

“I should’ve known better than to leave you on your own.”

You look at him when you heard his soft tone of voice.

“Is okay…”

“No. It’s not. Why did you put yourself through this for someone who didn’t deserve it? You closed yourself and neglected important things like food. Why didn’t you talk to me about it ____? I could’ve helped you get over it…”

“Because I hate pity. I didn’t need you to feel sorry for me. Part of me knew that I needed to tell someone, but I didn’t want to, because it was always the same… People would start feeling bad for me for a while and just leave… I just wanted to get over this alone and not let anyone know how much it really hurt…” –Your voice broke, and you choke on your own tears.

Youngjae moved his chair closer and hugged you. He rubbed your back in circles letting you cry.

_____... I would never pity you, I truly care for you, even more than you imagine. The least I would do is leave your side…”

You pulled away with wet eyes. You were about to speak but he continued.

I’ve been holding this for so long _____. I was always there since the beginning of your feelings for him. I wanted to be a good friend and give you my support if it meant for you to be happy. But all I really wanted to tell you was that you could have so much more. That I was the one you were looking for, but you closed your eyes on me, you didn’t see me the way I saw you… I was only your friend though I wanted to be more than that, but he had your heart, and I couldn't do anything about it. When hurt you, I saw you break down upon me and you still pushed me away. I wanted to do so much for you, but you didn’t want me there.”

You look into his eyes and see the sincerity you failed to see on others before. He was speaking from his heart and you were aware of this now. Something you never felt in Himchan you saw it in that friend that was always there.

He dried your eyes and traced your cheeks.

“So please, don’t confuse my feelings for you as pity _____. I really want to make you happy; I can’t stand seeing you suffer like this.” –He traced with the back of his hand your face.

You took his hand gently off your face, and looked down.

“I’m sorry Youngjae… But I can’t respond to your feelings right now. At least not like this…”

He lifted your chin and once again looked into your eyes.

“____... I’m not asking you to respond to my feelings. I would be selfish if I did. I just need you to trust me… I don’t want you to close yourself, and I want you to come to me when you feel troubled. Can you do that?”

“Yes. I can do that Youngjae… And thanks for being here with me.”

You pecked his cheek and hugged him. You stayed in his arms for a while; right now you needed to be in the company of someone who truly cared for your wellbeing. You knew very well you weren’t sure of your feelings for him right now. But who knows? Maybe he will someday really be the one. Just give me sometime Youngjae. One day I will deserve to have someone as amazing as you.


The End!

What cha think? (: