Bedtime Story (DaddyJae 5)

Youngjae OneShots

This one is a random contest submission I wrote. It's sort of short.

But I Hope you like it! <3

 


 

 

The lights in the small sized room were dim allowing the moonlight shine between the curtains. The wind from the small ceiling fan softly moved the decorations that hung from the crib in the middle of the room.

She walked slowly admiring the room that with effort and love they had prepared together. The colors and furniture of the room were carefully chosen to brighten up and give comfort to the little creature that was soon to come. Their small family of two will soon welcome a new member and that small reminder brought joy to her heart.

Eunri caressed her belly softly and a smile played on her lips when she felt the little boy kick in.

“Isn't it a bit late for you to be up Younghyun?” –She said looking down to her big bump.

She grinned and then averted her sight to the bookshelf on her left.

“Maybe if I read you a book it’ll help the both of us sleep, do you like the idea?” –She playfully asked.

Slowly she eyed the shelves filled with books her husband had gathered for their son. She chuckled at the thought of her husband. Judging by the titles of the books she could tell he was thinking ahead of the little boy’s age, since there were some titles that seemed to be intended for older kids. It was sort of obvious for her husband’s character since he has always been interested in the intellect and knowledge, he sure would want his kids to be like that too.

As she traced the titles, her mind wondered on what she could do to, like her husband, also benefit her baby as he grew up. Her trail of thoughts was interrupted when she felt some footsteps approach her.

She turned around and Youngjae was approaching her.

“Youngjae! You’re back… I didn't hear you come in…”

He smiled when he saw his beautiful woman look stunning even in her comfortable sleep wear.

“I thought you’d be sleeping already, so I came in quietly. Aren't you supposed to be sleeping already darling?”

She turned around again to the books still looking for one she could be interested in.

“I couldn’t sleep, so I came here. But there’s also a little guy who doesn’t want to sleep either.”

Youngjae walked to her side and leaned closer to her belly and placed his hand softly on it.

“Younghyun are you awake right now? Daddy’s back. How’s my little boy doing?” –He raised her pajama top and kissed her belly.

Eunri looked down at her husband with tenderness, and then she looked up at the shelf again.

He stood straight looking straight to her face and walked behind her. Youngjae slipped his hands softly around her belly careful enough to put any pressure, resting his chin in her shoulder.

“Sweetie…? What are you looking for?” –He then planted a kiss in the crook of her neck.

“Since neither of us could sleep, I thought I’d read something to help us rest…” –She took one that caught her eye.

Youngjae sensed she was tense; perhaps there was something else that was bothering her.

“You’re nervous about the baby aren't you?” –He cautiously asked.

Eunri sighed as she opened the book and eyed it. “A little…”

She stayed silent, but Youngjae could tell she wasn't quite done so he kept quiet.

“I just hope I will be a good mother to our baby. I mean, it’s all happened so fast, I’m scared because I don’t want to fail him… I don’t want to fail you.” –She closed the book and looked down.

Youngjae turned her slowly to face her, and looking deep into her eyes he spoke from his heart.

“I have to admit, I’m nervous too. But you know… We've been together in this since day one. And we are going to keep doing this together. So far you've been an amazing wife to me, and I’m really sure that you’ll be an amazing mother to our son.” –He cupped her face and leaned closer pressing his lips against hers as they closed their eyes.

His lips lingered on hers as he let go a little, but kissed her softly a second time to reassure her.

“You can sleep well reassured that Younghyun will come to this world to live happily in your arms yeobo. And I will be right there with you helping you out with our son. You won't be alone.”

She smiled at the sincerity of his words and nodded. “Thanks Youngjae… I’m glad I can always count on you.”  -She leaned up and pecked him quickly with a smile as she held on to the book on her side.

He embraced her close to him and she wrapped her arms around him with the book still on her hand. Once he felt the hard cover he let go.

“Do you still want to read the book?” –He asked taking it from her.

“That’s what I plan to do…” –She thoughtfully replied.

He put his took her hand on his and intertwined his fingers with hers.

He dragged her carefully by the hand and smiled down to her. “Alright, but how about instead we go to bed and I will read it to you both? Maybe it'll help you catch up on your sleep.”

 

 


 

:D Thanks for the support. (: This was a little exception to the small hiatus I had said in the last update.