Stupid Boy

Youngjae OneShots

The rainy weather and the fact that I've been listening to Keith Urban all afternoon made me write this.

Hope you guys like it. But let me warn you, is a bit sad ):

 

 

The song that inspired this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPuvzaNb2JI

 

 



 

 

 

 

 

She was precious like a flower, what can I say? She was a delicate beauty with more than meets the eye. Perhaps I thought I knew her, but I didn’t know her, I didn’t know her dreams. I was only a stupid boy...

 

“What are you saying?” –She almost shouted.

He put his hand up and looked around keeping an eye so they didn’t get anyone’s attention. He adjusted his get up and hid very well his face.

“I’m sorry.” –That’s all he managed to answer.

But that was enough to set her tears out her eyes like a waterfall. He stepped forward to embrace her tight but she stepped back.

“Am I not worth waiting for?”

“Of course you are, but… This is not about…”

“Me?” –In between the crying she let out a bitter laugh. –“This is about you… Is always about you.”

“I’m doing this because I’m thinking about you!” –He shouted, she was taken aback by his sudden change of tone.

Just like that her tears ceased to fall, but was hanging open and no words were coming out.

“I-I don’t want you to keep waiting for me… Haven’t you waited enough since the past years I’ve been training?” –He continued and sighed. –“I’m doing this because I assure you it won’t be an easy road ahead for neither of us. I will barely have time for you or even myself. I can’t keep making you wait for me…”

“Don’t I get a say in all this Youngjae?” –Her voice was firm; she was no longer the weak girl he met for sure. –“You’re going on and breaking up with me, and I don’t get to say anything about it?”

They looked intently into each other’s eyes. She knew he didn’t want this to begin with, but he was pushing it to keep strong when all he wanted to do was take everything back.

“I have been waiting a lot for you… But do you think I mind it? No! Because I care enough for you to know that this is what you love too, and I am not the only priority in your list Youngjae…”

“That’s exactly why I’m doing this.” –He cut her off.

She choked a little on her breath, especially when he stepped closer. His expression was hard like rock, he was going to end this and there was no way back.

“Because after this… You will no longer be number one on my list…” –Once again the tears showed in the edges of her eyes. –“And if you can’t be… Then what kind of boyfriend will I be? I’d be selfish…”

“C-can’t you change that?” –She asked her voice breaking due to a lump in .

“As much as I want… As much as I wish to… I can’t…”

 

--

Those were the most painful words he ever said to her. But though he kept thinking that he made a bad decision, to the point where he couldn’t even sleep at night, the months and year after told him otherwise. Truth was that in between all the performances and promotions, he barely even had time for himself. But she always managed to slip around for a while on his mind.

Many times he stared at his phone but had to keep himself from calling her. Who was he in her life anymore? No one… He was no one.

 

--

 

He walked alongside s as he kept rehearsing mentally the lyrics on his head of the new song. It wasn’t like he hadn’t practiced it repeatedly before, but he always put his head into his performances. After finishing getting his makeup and stage outfit ready, they walked back stage along with some other bands that were to perform too.

Little did he know that in the crew that was working there, a young girl he once knew would also be there. Just like whenever he saw her when they were together, a smile played along his lips and his heartbeat skipped a beat.

But he fell quickly, but hard on reality, when he remembered that this wasn’t like before. She wasn’t waiting for him anymore. That they hadn’t seen each other, but it wasn’t because of his busy schedule anymore, it was because he had broken things up.

Standing in the sidelines, he easily got distracted observing her. There were a couple of people there calling for her, and in between those little interactions he concluded she wasn’t just a part of the crew, but she was now a coordinoona for one of the groups. He smiled shyly to himself, thinking back to when she always told him what she wanted to be when she grew up, just so they could spend more time together. She managed to become exactly what she wanted, but as ironic as it may sound, they weren’t together exactly, though they were on the same room.

“Youngjae!” –Someone snapped their finger in front of him.

He quickly turned around. “Yes hyung…”

Yongguk eyed the young boy and gave his instructions. “… We’re performing in 10. Concentrate.”

Youngjae nodded and observed his leader walk away from him. He turned around one last time, but she was already gone from the crowd. I can’t let you distract me today… At least not right now…

 

--

Right after the performance, he went to change to his comfortable clothes and quickly walked towards the door. Walking casually but with a messy mind he searched for her whereabouts hoping he wasn’t late. At last, he saw her hanging some clothes near to one of the storage rooms.

It was funny that after the longest time they’ve been together he felt so nervous just to talk to her. He mentally rehearsed, just like he did to his lyrics, so he wouldn’t mess up with his words. As he approached her, he saw the vibrant glow on her face, her pinkish lips and her deep eyes he’d get lost on every time they stared at each other.

Trying not to get carried away by his old feelings, he closed his eyes a second and took a breath. With all the courage he had left he spoke softly but firmly her name.

Her eyes were right on the clothes she was working on, but inside she was trembling recognizing his voice. It wasn’t like she didn’t know he was there, but after he left, she never thought he’d speak to her.

Slowly she turned around to find herself facing the owner of her old memories.

“Youngjae…”

He grinned and in an attempt to avoid any uncomfortable silence, he began the conversation.

“How you have been? I see you’re a coordinoona now.” –He let out a short chuckle.

She respectfully avoided eye contact and kept her eyes behind.

“Ye… I finally did it. Three months already.” –She answered.

“I’m glad to see you made your dream come true…” –Youngjae said a glint of sadness still present in his voice.

However, she didn’t answer nor nod.

“Listen…” –He continued. –“I shouldn’t bring this back… But I feel like we left so many things unsaid... Today I saw you and honestly I haven’t been so happy like until I…”

She put her right hand up to stop him. She knew exactly where he was going with the conversation.

“If you shouldn’t bring it back, they why even mention it?” –She said coldly.

“I-I’m just sorry it ended like that…”

She finally looked up. “If you already ended it, if you thought it was the best decision, then you shouldn’t even feel sorry about it. Just because you say you’re sorry, it doesn’t mean we can go back to what we were…”

“I never wanted to bre…”

She put her left hand up for him to see; just that gesture was enough for him to stop. Though she wasn’t happy of how he decided to break things up with him, she didn’t want him to embarrass himself by confessing feelings she could no longer accept.

“I’m engaged…” –She spoke up.

Youngjae lost his breath momentarily by those two simple words.

“So please… Can you stop mentioning the past?”

He was crushed by her words.

“I’m happy you got to live your dreams…” –He pushed himself to say.

She looked down and sighed. “This wasn’t exactly how I was expecting things to happen a year ago… But, while we wish and dream for certain things…” –She looked up at him. –“Those dreams have a way to run away from you when you least expect it.”

She gave a small bitter chuckle.

“But you can always try to change that… There’s always a way…”

She shook her head. “No… He said that no matter how much he wanted to, how much he wished for it… it couldn’t change.”

She gulped and sighed deeply, and he felt struck by her words. He was about to speak, but she interrupted him.

“Youngjae… I need to finish taking this if you don’t mind.” –She began to move the clothe cart. –“Goodbye Youngjae…”

He saw her leave, and he felt even more crushed than the day he broke up. The further away she walked, the more he scolded himself. How could he not know that he was that dream she meant…?

She laid her heart and soul right in my hands, and I stole her every dream and I crushed her plans…

 After she walked away, it didn’t take him long enough to realize, that more than over…

 She was long gone…

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

I hope you guys liked it, though it was sad.

thanks for the support! <3  :3