Held up Confession

Youngjae OneShots
Hey! It's been a while I know, I've had no internet for the past days, so I got a lot of stories and comments and messages I'll most probably get to read tomorrow. It's kind of late and I'm updating from my tablet so forgive any ortographic mistakes since my autocorrect here sometimes .

 

This following one shot is dedicated and requested by Eliana. I truly hope this fills your expectations. (: and thanks for the support!

 

 

Also... i marked the oneshots as complete, because I'll take a small hiatus on the one shots for a while, and concentrate in another Youngjae fanfic its still ongoing. It doesn't mean I'll stop posting one shots, its just for a small amount of time, I hope you guys understand. ^-^

 

Enjoy!

 


Youngjae was rummaging through the closet as he cleaned up, hoping to finish before you arrived. But alas he found a box filled with things from both your high school days. Needless it is to say that he became easily distracted by the content from the box.
 
Sometimes he smiled at the photos he found and some he just felt embarrassed and hoped that box would never end up in the wrong hands. But they were memories he found himself longing. Especially when he found a very familiar paper among the other things he had taken out.
 
It read outside, To: ____. His heart beat rose just like it did the same day he wrote it, a small letter which meant a lot to him back then. He asked himself how that letter ended up there, and he was praying silently that you had never seen it.
 
His cheeks took a honey glow as he read it; its contents and words were all too sweet, maybe more than he would’ve chosen now that he was older. But they had a lot of meaning still.
He jumped of scare when the letter was taken from his hands, and he’s eyes opened widely when he heard your voice.
 
“What do we have here?” –You said with a playful smile.
 
He instantly stood up when he saw the culprit eyeing the worn out paper.
 
“Give me that!” –He said loudly earning a look from you. –“I mean, what you are doing here? I didn’t hear you…”
You turned the letter around and answered. “It’s nice to see you too honey…” –Sarcasm intended. –“I wanted to surprise you… What’s this?”
 
He defensively shot back. “That’s not yours! Give me that!” –His face became more and more flustered.
 
“It says my name in this side. So it is mine.” –You said backing up when he was stepping closer.
 
“Well yes… But no… it’s not yours…” –He said holding out his hand as you walked trying to escape him.
 
“Aww! Did you write a letter for me?” –You said as he was now walking faster. –“How bad can it be Youngjae? Let me read it!” 
 
You found yourself tripping over the bed so you crawled on it only to be stopped by Youngjae who held you by the waist. But it wasn’t soon enough for you to read a little more.
 
“Wait... 2008?” 
 
He lost balance and he fell on top of your back but still holding to your waist.
 
“What’s this?” –You said looking over your shoulder.
 
He breathed heavily and sat in the bed next to you, but taking the letter from you.
 
“I said it’s not for you to read…” 
 
You sat next to him and took again the letter making sure to glare at him before he tried to take it back again. And you read.
 
“Dear ____-ah.
It’s been a while since I’ve noticed you, and I know you probably only see me as your friend. But I just want you to know that I really like… No Love you. For me you’re the sweetest girl I’ve ever met and I know that if you ever gave me a chance you’d be making this foolish guy the happiest boy on earth.
Please accept my confession, it would mean the world to me.”
 
The same flustered feeling he had over came you as you read.
 
“Youngjae…? How come you never gave this to me?” –You asked with your eyes tearful.
 
Youngjae was cupping his face with his hands and you chuckled. “Youngjae! I asked you something! Why didn’t you ever give me this...” –You tried to take his hands off his face to meet his eyes.
 
“I was going to… But… Someone beat me to it.”
 
You thought back on that year and it finally hit you.
 
“Seunghyun?” –That’s the only one who came to mind, your ex-boyfriend Lee Seunghyun, otherwise known as the playboy up to date.
 
He nodded but still left his head down.
 
“You mean, you had liked me since before I dated him? Why didn’t you ever say anything Youngjae? I really didn’t know!”
 
He hid his face even more from you. “I was going to give you that letter, but he had already asked you out and you said yes. Plus, you really loved him what was I supposed to do?”
 
You giggled. “Love? I was young, what did I exactly know about love back then Youngjae? He was just a guy who knew to use well his words with girls, and I was a naïve girl who didn’t know better.” –You said trying to comfort him.
 
“He was good looking, plus he was older… How was I supposed to compete with that?”
 
Seunghyun sure was a hot shot back then; all the girls would give anything to be with the guy. But sadly, you would’ve given anything to not have dated him at all since he played it bad with you.
 
“You had your charms Youngjae… And though you may have not attracted some girls, you did eventually attract me. You were a smart, handsome, simple young man, and that was enough to make me fall for you.”
 
It was sort of embarrassing for you to speak like that, but it was exactly what you really felt back then, and even so now.
 
But then you chuckled when you reminded yourself, that was the past and there was no use to keep bringing it up, but still this small piece of your high school days reassured you of something you had failed to see before.
 
You linked your arm with his and kissed his cheek. “Gomawo!”
 
He turned to you confused. “For what?”
 
You smiled and rested your head on his shoulder.
 
“You know what this means…?” –You put the letter up. –“Just the fact that you took the time back then to write this letter, and that I found it just now, it means that I took the best decision to notice you who were there all along. And I thank you, for not giving up on me back then… That you waited long enough for me, and look… Look at what we could be missing…”
 
You showed up your left hand where the wedding band was and took his left hand where he also had his along with yours intertwining your fingers with his.
 
“I’m keeping this letter with me forever… This is another proof of your love for me, and I’m glad that you found this today more than any other day.” –You hugged the letter with your right hand close to your chest. –“Happy Anniversary Youngjae… I love you!”
 
He released the arm you had linked yours with and hugged you from the waist finally smiling along with you.  He no longer needed to feel embarrassed by you finding the paper, it was a held up confession, but though it arrived a couple years later, it was finally in the right hands.
 
Firmly he held you from the side resting his forehead against yours.
 
“Happy Anniversary Jagi…” –He leaned to kiss your lips gently. –“I love you…!”