Daddy Jae (3)

Youngjae OneShots

What do you get when there's a picture of Youngjae and a baby?

That's right! Daddy Jae! <3

My favorite! :DD

 

Btw I know the baby in the picture is a girl... Just imagine is your baby boy Younghyun ^^

Enjoy! (:


 

“Are you sure you sure you don't want to go to sleep yet?” You asked lying sideways wrapped in the blankets.

“No, I still need to check up on Hyunnie.” –He said fixing the hair that was falling onto your pale face.

“I can do that if you want, I just feel so bad that you had to spend your free day taking care of us…” –You referred to Younghyun who was also sick.

“Don’t worry about that hun. You know I love you both too much. I don’t mind taking care of neither of you.” –He said caressing your cheeks. -"I can go check on him now."

You coughed and immediately cupped your mouth to avoid getting him sick.

“Are you sure you don’t need anything else?” –He asked concerned.

You covered yourself with the blanket and shook your head. “You’ve done enough for me for today Jae… I just need some sleep that’s all.”

He smiled, the view of his cheekbones making you grin. “Alright then, but if you need anything just yell.”

You chuckled and he kissed you on your forehead, his lips lingered there for a couple of seconds. That was until the sweet moment was interrupted by Younghyun’s cries from the other room.

“Looks like there’s someone who needs you more than I do.” –Your voice sounded sore.

“Yup… Well, sleep well…” –He said softly before getting off the bed.

You buried even more in the covers and attempted to thank him with what was left of your voice.

--

Youngjae rushed to his son’s room, his cries becoming more desperate.

“I’m here Hyunnie. Daddy’s here.” –He approached the crib.

His expression softened as he laid eyes on his son’s tired face. He had been sick just like his mother and his nose was irritated and wet and he have had a fever too, which is why he had to keep his eye on him. Youngjae picked up his son and cradled him on his arms looking at him tenderly as he calmed down a little. The baby started to whimper and pout as his father hummed for him. It was his own way of calming and soothing little Younghyun.

Youngjae smiled when he had all of his son’s attention. “That’s my boy…”

He put his palm on the baby’s forehead and sighed in relief. “That’s good; your fever’s cleared up by now.”

But the baby still looked at him as if he needed something else. “Are you hungry? Is that why you were crying?”

Youngjae chuckled as he walked downstairs with his son in his arm. He walked to the refrigerator and took out the baby’s milk and put it on the counter. The baby was observing attentively to every move.

“I see you were really hungry… You are looking at your milk just like Daehyun looks at his food when it’s lunch time.” –He caught Younghyun’s attention.

The baby showed his two little bottom teeth at his father and he grinned. “Omo… Look at your little teeth! You still have a long way to go, but soon enough you’ll be smiling just like your daddy.” –He showed his dentures grinning widely, making the baby show his almost toothless smile as well.

“I’m happy you’re feeling better now Hyunnie, you’re even smiling! Your umma told me how much you’ve cried these past days. But I know something that will make you feel even better…” –He walked to the cabinet and took out a box.

“Your food!” –He put the box in the counter and went to the baby’s high chair.

He carefully placed him on the seat and Younghyun began to whimper with his arms up begging for his father.

“Hyunnie, you must stay there for now while I prepare your milk. It’ll just take a moment.”

Younghyun pouted and Youngjae sighed as he took the cereal box and began to pour some in his bottle.

“Don’t look at me like that…”

He quickly poured the milk as well and walked to the microwave and put the bottle in. He punched the buttons and turned around to the sad looking Younghyun.

“Just a moment, you know you like your milk a bit warm.” –He tried to reason.

The microwave finally beeped and he quickly turned around. He took the lukewarm milk and dropped a couple of drops in the back of his hand.

“Perfect, just the way you like it.”

He put the milk on the surface and took the baby again in his arms. “Here you go…”

The baby extended his hands and grabbed the bottle as Youngjae approached it to his lips. Immediately Younghyun began to drink and he showed a little dimple as he the liquid. Youngjae poked the little dimple and grinned. “Hyunnie… Do you want your daddy to sing you something?” –The little boy’s sleepy eyes observed him carefully.

“Your mom loves it when I sing to her. There’s this song that she loved, though sometimes I was kind of embarrassed to sing it, I would sing it to her when she wasn’t feeling well. Want to hear it?”

Younghyun still had his eyes on him and he kept drinking from his bottle.

“I’ll take that as a yes… Aish… You really want to see me embarrassed don’t you?”

Youngjae caressed the soft baby’s hair and chuckled. “Alright, I’ll do it… But just a little, just for you.”

“Eojjeom geureoke neon da yeppeo, binteumeobsi da yeppeo… Sarang sarang sarang saranghae…” –He interrupted himself and shook his head as he chuckled.

“That’s it, I sang a little for you… You happy?”

Younghyun had already finished with his bottle and had squealed at his father’s actions.

“You liked it?” –The baby grinned and held his bottle out.

“Woah… You finished it all…” –He shook the bottle. –“Good boy! Now let’s finish this up and get you to bed.”

He stood up and patted the baby’s back softly but firmly and walked upstairs. Once he had patted him enough he gave Younghyun one last check up and put him carefully to bed.

The baby gave a yawn and looked up to Youngjae sweetly with a small smile playing in his sleep.

“I’m glad to see you smiling again baby. I’m happy you’re feeling better.” –He cupped Younghyun’s side of his face and leaned down to peck his cheek.

“Goodnight, sleep tight!”

He looked down at Younghyun until his eyes gave up on him and fell into slumber. Youngjae walked carefully to the door and dimmed down the light and closed the door without making any noise. He gave a relieved sigh feeling satisfied of doing his job as husband and father. Just watching his beautiful son and seeing his wife happy and knowing he could always care for them was its own reward.

 

Tiptoeing back to both your room he closed the door again careful enough to not wake you up. He lifted the covers and lied on his pillow sideways with your sleeping face right in front of him. Softly he traced his finger in your hair feeling lucky to have you right there next to him.

You coughed and cupped your mouth and slowly opened your eyes. He helped you to sit down straight as you kept coughing and he the lamp and reached for a glass of water he had brought you earlier.

“Drink this slowly.” –He instructed rubbing small circles in your back.

You did as he said and when the cough finally settled down you looked at him.

“Thanks…”

“Feeling better?” –He kept rubbing your back.

You nodded and with your hoarse voice asked. “How’s Hyunnie?”

“He’s asleep. His fever finally came down and he drank his milk before going to sleep. We even had a nice conversation, he showed me his two little teeth and I sang a little for him.”

You chuckled and cleared your throat.

“That sounds nice yeobo!” –You looked at him again and he just stared at you grinning. –“Thanks for taking care of us Jae. It really means a lot that you took your free day and took care of us, I really appreciate it.”

“You know I’m willing to do that and more for you and our son. Don’t you worry your pretty little head about it. It was really nothing.” –He paused and helped you lie down. –“Now go back to sleep, you still need to rest if you want to recover.”

He adjusted the covers for you and showed you his bright smile. “Goodnight…” –He kissed your cheek and whispered softly. “Saranghae…”

“Saranghae…” –You responded.

He turned off the lamp and went back to his position. He reached out for you and brought you close to his chest.

“You’re going to get sick Jae…”-You said attempting to look up to him.

“I just can’t sleep when you’re all the way over there. Besides I got to keep a close eye on you. I still have to take care of you until you’re all better.” –He kissed the top of your head and you chuckled nuzzling more into his chest. –“Now try to sleep honey!"