Not Alone (Part 2)

Youngjae OneShots

Hello! :) Long time I hadn't updated the one shots. For those who thought I wasn't writing more one shots, don't worry (: I haven't updated because honestly I've had zero inspiration and zero time to actually think about writing. But thankfully I had some spare time today, and I remembered this one shot I had to complete. I'm not so happy with the ending, but I did try to improve it. Hope it entertains you anyways. :3 Enjoy!

 


 

 

She woke up the next day with a massive headache, which made her head beat like a drum. Groaning she tried to get up and regain her sight that was too blurry to realize she was in her own room. Youngjae hearing the shuffling from the bed, he woke up hastily ready to take care of the hangover she was sure to have.

Quickly he walked to her from the chair he was sleeping on and helped her sit carefully.

“Jae…” –She groaned. –“What the hell happened?”

She pressed her finger on her temples.

“You went a little overboard with the drinks yesterday…” –Youngjae picked up some pain medications from her bedside table and a water glass he had prepared. –“Take this.”

She sighed and looked down unable to have eye contact with him. So many things ran in her mind, did she do anything stupid? That question being the first in list.

“Please tell me I didn’t do anything stupid.” –She kept looking down.

Youngjae chuckled and fixed the hair that was on the wrong side.

“Well… Almost. But luckily I kept you under control.” –He tried to meet with her eyes, but she looked away. –“Look at me.”

She did, but only with the corner of her eye.

“Do you remember anything?”

She shook her head, it was obvious that with half of her night unknown, she couldn’t help but to feel embarrassed for letting herself get out of control with her drinking. It wasn’t the first time that she had gotten drunk, but she thought she had things on control for once.

Attempting to change subject, and feeling guilty about it, she spotted the chair next to her bed.

“Did you sleep all night there?”

Youngjae looked at the chair and back at her who had a guilty spark on her eyes. He nodded and before he could answer she scolded him.

“You must’ve been uncomfortable there Youngjae! You could really hurt your back if you sleep like that! Why did you…?”

Youngjae took a hold of her arms to keep her from raising her voice.

“Yah! Calm down you might get a or something if you keep bursting out like this!” –She looked away ashamed and sighed. –“Besides, with you drunk like that, I was afraid you’d do something crazy, I couldn’t take a chance.”

A hint of red spotted her cheeks. “D-did… I do? Say… Anything?”

Amused he laughed at her innocence. “I’m kidding dear… But I just wanted to make sure you were fine, so I just sat next close to you to keep a close eye on you. Don’t worry.”

He hugged her and rubbed her back.

“Go get washed up after you feel you can get up. I’m going to prepare some breakfast…”

 

--

 

Sheepishly she walked towards the dining room and quickly glanced out at Youngjae who was busy preparing something over the counter. He turned around and his eyes met her unsuspecting ones.

“Sit down… Everything’s ready.”

She smiled and sat down in front of one of the plates. He did the same and looked at her.

“You’re looking like you’re feeling much better.” –He patted the towel she had wrapped her hair into.

“I am… T-thanks for taking care of me yesterday… a-and today.”

He chuckled and put his hand over hers. “Is nothing…”

After giving thanks they both dug into their plate, she hummed in pleasure and gleamed in happiness.

“This is delicious.” –She said happily, for him she seemed like she had really forgotten about the happenings that had brought them together this day.

But even if she forgot about it, he couldn’t. But who was he to take away that moment of ease she was on. Maybe later.

--

 

After sharing the pleasant breakfast they both sat on the couch of her living room. They put on some music and they entertained themselves closely in each other’s company. She rhythmically hummed to the music, and Youngjae took advantage of his amazing vocals to sing to her.

Many songs passed by, and she seemed to have drifted into her own thoughts. Quickly noticing her mood change Youngjae adjusted himself so he could now look straight to her face. Her moments of happiness easily faded when she realized that she couldn’t ignore for much longer the problem at hand.

“Yeobo.” –He called up for her.

She looked up and hummed.

“You okay?” –Youngjae knew where this was going, and it was a better time than ever to talk about it.

She nodded, and not satisfied with her answer he lifted her chin.

“Do you have anything to tell me?” –He asked seriously.

She bitted her bottom lip and shook her head stubbornly.

“Listen. I haven’t really mentioned anything or asked about it. Because I trust you to tell me on your own, again.”

She opened her eyes widely. “Again…”

In disbelief she repeated. He nodded and continued.

“You should’ve told me about it before you went and drowned your anger and sadness like yesterday… I let you because I didn’t know the reason behind it… But I don’t want you to make the same mistake again.” –He advice keeping her enclosed in his arms.

She nodded and decided it really was the time to come clean.

“There were budget cuts on the company. And the last to come were first to go, I guess…” –She shrugged. –“I-I felt defenseless. I-I didn’t know what to do. I thought that going out would take my mind off my worries.”

She finally confessed, Youngjae kept his eyes straight on hers, and she kept her eyes on her lap.

“Doesn’t it feel better to let it out like this?” –He said with a slight smile.

With a small smile tugged in the corner of her lips she nodded and rested her head on his chest.

“I’m sorry I made you have such a hard time.” –She apologized and took his hand. –“I wasn’t really thinking straight yesterday.”

He kissed her softly on her temple. “I know. But let me assure you it won’t happen again dear.”

Looking up he sensed the confusion from her expression and her scrunched eyebrows.

“I’m not letting you near any kind of alcohol drinks anytime soon.”

She hit him playfully and rested her head back again.

“Thank you.” –She simply added.

Youngjae intertwined his fingers with hers and spoke up from behind her.

“Babe… Yesterday you said something that worried me…”

His tone had suddenly turned into serious, so she adjusted herself so she could face him.

“What did I say?”

“When you told me about your job loss, you said that you were alone, you didn’t know what to do.”

She looked down and let out a deep sigh. “I don’t want to burden anyone Youngjae. I was afraid that I’d just be a weight on others…”

With both his hands he placed them on her face so she could look straight at him; she needed to be clear on this.

“You wouldn’t. This is just temporary my dear. Jobs come and go… Nothing like that lasts forever. I love you so much dear… What made you think that you would be a burden to me?” –She just kept her eyes straight on his speechless. –“You’re my girl, and one day you’ll be mine, my wife, to take care of in good and bad.”

She blushed and grinned on the mention of the proposal hint.

“I will do everything I can, so that you won’t lack anything you need. Understand?” –She nodded still on his hands.

His eyes swiftly roamed from her eyes to her lips, and with no moment to spare he kissed her. After pulling away she fell comfortably on his chest and he wrapped his arm around her tight looking forward to spending more moments like these by each other’s side.

You’re not alone… As long as you’re here on my side, you will not be lonely.

 


 

I am not happy with the ending /).(\ I seriously couldn't find a way to end it differently.

Hope you enjoyed tho ^^

 

 

 

Youngjae... to be honest, I am crying because first... You dyed your hair my same hair color *how dare you* I will forever miss your black hair tho..., and second because you're as closest as you'll ever be from me.... *sigh*

lol I hope Babyz going to the concerts have a great time though... :3

 

I think I will update my other fanfic soon if I have more spare time. Can't make promises but I do have the next chapter almost ready. So look forward for that. :)

 

Thanks for the support my dear ones! :D