Daddy Jae (5)

Youngjae OneShots

Younghyun peeked through the door. And again he sighed deeply for what seemed to be the tenth time. His mother was busy trying to get little Youngrah, who wouldn't stop bawling to sleep.

The small toddler again rested his head on the wall behind him and looked down to his toy car and rolled it on the floor unenthusiastically in the same place. 

His eyebrows were furrowed and his lips formed a pout. His father was at work, but what he missed the most was his mommy. Since his little sister was born, the attention he used to get was now divided, and Younghyun wasn't happy about that at all.

He walked towards the front door and sat in the stairs that faced it, resting his chin on his hands. For what now was the twentieth time he sighed.

He heard a car arrive and he knew what that meant. A smile forced itself on his lips when he saw his father through the window. Younghyun expectantly stood on the door to receive his father with open arms.

"Daddy!" -Younghyun practically jumped to his father's arms. 

Youngjae picked him up and gave him a big hug. "Hyunnie! Were you waiting for me this whole time?"

The little boy that refused to let go of his tight embrace nodded. 

"I missed you. And mommy's hasn't played with me all day. She’s been with Youngrah since you left…"

Youngjae managed to make the boy let go to face him. 

"Did she give you food?" -Youngjae said concerned. He could hear his little girl that was still bawling upstairs, and knowing that she was sick, it most probably meant that his wife had to keep her eye on her. Although it was unlikely, he worried that his busy wife's mind might have forgotten about the other child in the house. 

 

To his relief, the boy nodded. "Yes. But then she just went back to Youngrah." -He pouted and looked down with sad face. –“She’s always only with her.”

Youngjae sighed and put the boy back to the floor. Now that the situation in the house had changed, he had to clear some things up with him. "Let's talk Hyunnie."

He led him to the stairs and sat down then patted on the spot next to him. The boy sat down next to him and looked at his father with expecting eyes.

“Think about what you just said…” –The boy tilted his head cutely. –“Does your mother only spend time with her? And not with you?”

“She did… But lately she’s only with her… And whenever she cries she leaves me aside… Every single time.” –The boy crossed his arms and frowned.

Youngjae took a breath and thought well how to handle the situation at hand.

“Younghyun. You should understand that things from now on will be a little different.”

“How so?” –The boy set his eyes on his father.

“Now that your sister is born, we need to give her attention too, especially now that she’s sick.”

Again little lines formed between the boy’s eyebrows. “I don’t like that. Can’t you take her back? And make things be like before?”

Youngjae chuckled softly due to his son’s occurrence. “No we can’t do that.”

“Why not?”

“Because she’s ours to keep, and we love her so much, just like we love you!” –Youngjae still saw the doubt on Younghyun’s face so he reasoned. –“Before you were born, your mother and I used to have each other’s attention just for us. But afterwards, things changed, and we had to give you the love and affection you deserved. Do you think we regretted having you in our lives?”

The boy kept quiet awaiting the answer.

“Of course not! We enjoyed every second we had to spend with you. Whenever you cried we ran to see what you needed, when you were sick we wouldn’t take our eyes off you. But we hadn’t been happier.”

Younghyun’s expression showed a bit of guilt.

“Right now Youngrah needs your mom while I’m out working, but she still looks after you even when she has so much in her. She feeds you and takes care of you, and when she’s handled everything she will take some time out to spend it with you.”

Youngjae put his arm around his little boy to pull him closer to him. Younghyun kept his eyes in his fiddling fingers.

“But I miss her…” –He mumbled loud enough for only Youngjae to hear.

“Well, if you do, there’s something you can do about it when she's busy with your sister.”

Again he tilted his head while looking up to his father who had a reassuring smile on his lips.

“You’re my little man aren’t you?”

The boy furiously nodded.

“While I’m gone I’m going to give you a big task only you can accomplish.”

Younghyun’s eyes shone with excitement. He was really curious about what he could do for his father that was so important.

“Whenever I’m not here, I’m going to leave you in charge of helping your mommy out. Stay by her side when she’s busy and if she needs something, you’ll help her out. And at the same time you’ll get to spend time with her, and I’m really sure that you’ll make things easier for her. And especially, you’ll make her really happy.”

The boy’s frown turned upside down. “Do you think mommy will like that?” –He innocently asked softly.

Youngjae nodded and ruffled his hair. “I’m completely sure about it Hyunnie.”

“Can we start now?” –The boy hopped in his sitting place with anticipation.

Youngjae got up, and picked him up. And glanced up the stairs where things seemed to have calmed down.

“I think she seems to have things under control, but how about we bring her a snack, just in case she’s hungry.”

“Should we bring something for Youngrah too?” –Younghyun suggested. –“I bet she must be hungry from crying so much…”

Youngjae couldn’t hold his chuckle and a proud grin.

“That’s my little man! Let’s go!”

Youngjae started to walk towards the kitchen with a big smile happy that his little boy had changed his attitude, and now he could count with another hand to help out in his absence.

 

 

 

 


 

 

Just a random idea I got due to a terrible case of DaddyJae feels xD

Hope you guys like it~! :)