Nothing Without You (Song Inspired Request)

Youngjae OneShots

Heyyy!! I know it's been a while since I've updated, but here's a new oneshot I've been working on. This one is a request from Eliiana.

Thanks for the request! (: I hope you like it and fills your expectations ^^

It was inspired by: 10cm- Nothing Without you

Special thanks to Lunna for always helping me get the stories done too ^^


 

 

It was almost midnight and again there was no response from him. You starred at the clock hoping that if you concentrated enough he’ll arrive. It wasn’t the first time this happened, and quite frankly it was starting to get on your nerves. He had proposed to you months ago, and it seemed that the more the wedding was approaching the more time he’d spend with his guy friends and not you. Is not that you didn’t understand that things were going to change after the wedding and he wanted to spend the time he had before that with them, is just that the attention you were getting was barely enough.

You’ve even had to go on a couple of wedding appointments with your mother, when he was obviously supposed to be there. You let it slide because the reason he gave you seemed justified, but there were something’s that required priority, and right now he wasn’t giving it. You were beginning to question if you were doing something wrong. Was he taking this as seriously as you were? You sighed again as you played with your ring lying on the couch. Your eyes moved from your ring to the clock to the door, to your cell phone, and still the same, no response.

Your living room was lighted up and you quickly got up to see if he was back. You sighed in relief when you saw Youngjae wave goodbye at Himchan who was driving a black car. But at the same time you felt a rush when you saw his cell phone in his hand, you had been calling him nonstop and he hadn’t even answered, not even to tell you if he was alright or if he was arriving soon.

The door knob slowly turned and you were waiting right next to the door.

“Youngjae?”

He jumped a little and put his hand over his chest.

“_____! You scared me; I thought you’d be sleeping already.” –He simply said as he locked the door.

He looked exhausted just by looking at him even if the little light that there was.

“Did you get any of my calls?” –You went straight to the point.

He began to take off his shoes and his bag.

“My phone battery died.” –He responded.

“What about the other guys, don’t they have phones too? You could’ve called me and let me know you were arriving late.” –You answered feeling your anger beginning to rise, but you maintained a calm tone however.

“Yes they do, but you already know I was with them.” –He said making his way to the room.

You followed and stood in front of the door.

“It would’ve only taken you a couple of minutes to call me Youngjae. Even if you were with them I was worried sick.” –You held in the tears, you hated to talk like this to Youngjae.

He sat on the edge of the bed and furrowed his eyebrows, he seemed like he was starting to get irritated.

“Come on ____-ah is not a big deal. I’m here, I’m fine see?” –He said motioning at himself.

“It is a big deal Yoo Youngjae, is not the first time you’ve done this. Lately I feel like I barely see you, and when you get home you are tired and just go to sleep. You leave me worried because I don’t know where you are and even if I do, like today, you don’t even call me to let me know when you’re getting back.” –You let him know your feelings, it was already all slowly piling up, and you were both irritated to actually reason.

“Please, just because we’re getting married it doesn’t mean I won’t spend time with my friends _____-ah. I can’t spend every day the whole day with you; I need to have time for myself too.”

His words struck your heart like a knife. You weren’t sure if he meant them or not, all you knew is that he said them and they hurt you.

“Oh really? It shows clearly, just look at this…” –You walked to your desk and picked up some papers. –“These are the wedding invitations, that my mom and I picked, you wouldn’t know because you had some’ important matters’ to attend the day of the appointment.”

You put the papers back in the desk furiously. He stood up but stayed close to the bed.

“You didn’t need me there, I don’t need to be in all of those appointments, you know…” –He said crossing his arms.

You copied his gesture.

“More like in any of them, you haven’t even picked up your suit, you haven’t even given me your input in where you want to do the wedding, seems like I’m the only one who is taking this seriously!”

Youngjae his lips in anger his eyes that were tired were now filled with a mix of feelings you couldn’t read.

He stayed quiet, and you just shot the only thought that your mind was screaming to get out.

“A marriage is between two people, and right now it’s only me who’s giving my all. If you’re really going to be like this even after the wedding, then we really shouldn’t do this at all.” –Your tears were now halfway down your cheeks.

His breath was now heavy, and you both looked intensely at each other. You weren’t really expecting the words that came from his lips.

“If that’s what you want.” –He stated.

Your chest was now filled with pain, as if your heart was being pulled forcefully. Your eyes were red and they burned badly. You bitted your lower lip and raised your left hand. Slowly you pulled away the ring from your hand.

“Then be it…” –You said your voice almost in the verge of breaking.

You approached him. Both yours and Youngjae’s eyes were trembling. You threw the rings at his chest forcefully and walked past him to the door. His lips parted and looked down at the ring that was in the floor. You picked your cell phone and put a jacket over your clothes. You didn’t even look back. Youngjae was still processing what just happened since he arrived, he couldn’t really explain to himself that this was a breakup and moreover that the engagement was broken.

You closed the door with all your strength and looked at your phone screen trying to type your friend’s number trying not to mistype because of your blurry vision.

“Unnie, I’m sorry to call you at this time… But can you come pick me up?”

Your friend became alarmed when she heard your raspy voice.

“Where are you? What happened?”

“Youngjae and I had a fight, I’ll tell you about it later, just, please… Come. I’m near my house…”

--

 

It had passed a week and a couple of days and counting since you left your house to stay with your friend. You had asked your friend to go pick up a couple of your things that you needed since you couldn’t face him anymore. It saddened you because you knew that the discussion happened the wrong time with the wrong reasons. You regretted speaking to him harshly, you knew you had to tell him one moment or another about it, but you chose the wrong way to express his feelings. He regretted it too, he had asked for your wellbeing to your friend, and your friend would tell you whenever she talked to him.

This being the first fight you’ve had with him only made it harder than it was supposed to be, sure you’ve had your disagreements but you’d usually solve them quickly. This time it was more serious, this involved both your future, just an apology wouldn’t solve this.

You were walking in a sidewalk after work. It was a slow walk you absolutely had no rush to get home. The street you were in was a little crowded and you were sighing, and sometimes looking at the hand where your engagement ring used to be. You touched your ring finger missing how it used to feel, and Youngjae popping to your mind occasionally. Remembering that day, his face didn’t seem like he wanted to break up, but his words said otherwise.

You stopped when your phone rang with a message.

‘Missing me as much as I’m missing you? –Youngjae’

You bited your lip and furrowed your eyebrows at your phone. You wanted so much to tell him how much you did miss him and how you wanted time to go back to before that stupid discussion happened. But you didn’t exactly typed what you really felt.

‘No’

You sighed and put the phone back in your bag and instinctively looked at your left hand again. I do miss you.

It was hard for you to understand why you didn’t tell him the truth, but your pride was too high, and he hadn’t come to talk to you about it in person. Just asking for you through your best friend wasn’t enough. You made a turn and the next street wasn’t that populated. You were feeling a bit tired so you approached one of the benches near the street. Again your phone vibrated.

‘Oh really? Then why do you keep looking at your ring finger and sighing? –Youngjae’

You opened your eyes widely and looked around, but he was nowhere to be found. You turned to your phone and typed.

‘Where are you??? Are you stalking me??? Jinja?!?’

You typed angrily and leaned back on the bench crossing your arms and took a deep breath.

“There are people that need air to breath too you know?”

That voice, you knew that voice. You looked forward and saw Youngjae before you. He stood there with his hands on his pockets and an apologetic smile.

“Just leave me alone…” –Your pride again put words in your mouth.

You began to walk away but Youngjae’s voice stopped you, maybe it was the tone he used but you just stopped.

“______. Please listen to me.” –He took a deep breath before he continued. –“This is not how things were supposed to turn out. And I’m sorry.”

You took a deep breath and turned around. Your heartbeat was already losing its control because of how you were feeling about all this.

“Youngjae, it’s going to take more than a sorry for us to fix this… You know that.”

He pressed his lips into a thin line and nodded slowly.

“That’s why I needed to find you. We need to fix this, I need to fix this.”

You bitted your lip, he continued: “That day… We didn’t choose the right way to solve our differences.”

“I really didn’t expect you to respond to me like that… That wasn’t what I wanted Youngjae.”

He stepped closer to you and you looked up with tears threatening to fall. He bit his lip in regret for seeing you like this.

“I’ve been so stressed lately, and everything is just piling up, and that day I was exhausted, I just… Let all that out on you. I never meant what I said _____. I do need time with my friends, but what I need the most is to spend time with you, and I lacked…”

You understood his feelings, but he also needed to comprehend yours, so you honestly responded:

“Though I didn’t say it the way I should’ve, I did mean what I said. Lately I’ve felt like I barely see you, and when I do we can’t even spend time together. I thought that this engagement meant for us to do this together, but I’ve been alone…” –You sighed and he put his head down. –“Is not that I don’t want you to spend time with your friends, or work, but there are things that we need to do together now. If we don’t form that bond now, how do you expect us to stay united after marriage?”

“I know… I’m sorry. You have no idea how much I want to take it all back.” –He said looking intently into your eyes. He paused but he continued. –“I’ve spent this past week with my friends. But I still felt lonely. I was wrong when I said I didn’t need to spend all the time with you, I realized that…”

You sensed sincerity in his words, and you sighed. His next words were filled with honesty and determination:

“I need you.”

Those three words you’ve been longing to hear from his lips, it wasn’t enough though.

“I need you to… Work for it Youngjae, I need more than just words… Is not that I don't love you, is because I love you that I need you to gain my trust again.”

A small grin formed in his lips, he seemed to get what you wanted.

“I knew this wasn’t going to be easy…” –He traced your hair and put a strand of hair behind your ear and with the tip of his finger lifted your chin. –“But if it’s for you, I willing to do anything.”

“I’ll be expecting you to do so then.” –You grinned.

He bitted his lip and put his hand on his pocket. You looked at his hand when he showed you the same ring you had thrown to his chest. With a smile on his face he said:

“Would you want to marry me again?”

You felt happy that he popped out the question again, but it wasn’t the right time yet. You slowly put his hand down looking straight at his eyes.

“Someday… But how about we take it slow first? There’s still much we need to improve, together.” –You smiled at him. –“But when we are both ready, I’ll be happy to say yes.”

 

 


 

There you go! Hope y'all enjoyed it!

I hope you liked it Eliana! (:

 

--

A/N:

If you love Youngjae there's another story I'm working on (Which is also why I kinda been lacking on the oneshots.) *Apologizes*

If you haven't and you wanna check it out feel free to click HERE It's called 'Reminding You' (: 

 

 

But... I think I have a few ideas coming for the oneshots... So yea... *let's see how that goes* ;)