Daddy Jae (Idol edition)

Youngjae OneShots

Okay... I've been working on this one for quite a while. I hope it makes up for the last random one shot.

But... Let me warn you. Is not my typical Daddy Jae oneshots. 

 

I just thought of this cuz I believe it could happen in an idol's life, and so I decided to make it a one shot.

I hope you like it!


 

 

 

 

“Yes I’m sure eomma, I can handle for tonight, don’t worry too much…” –She paused and looked at Younghyun who was sleeping soundly in his crib. –“Yes I will, he’s sleeping calmly now.”

She looked at her son’s face in between the bars of his small bed and sighed.

“Goodnight eomma… I love you.”

She finishes the call and bends her knees close to her with the phone hanging in her hand. A tear makes her way down to her chin as she looks at her baby boy who’s finally stopped crying. She heard a noise outside and quickly turned her head in fear. Thankfully it was only the wind; she took deep sigh and steadied her breathing. Today everything went too far, and for the wellbeing of her baby she had made up her mind.

--

Flashback earlier that day…

After running some errands she made her way back home, she adjusted the rear view mirror when she felt Younghyun was a little too quiet. She smiled when she saw that her little baby was asleep. She took a turn two blocks away from her home.

She almost lost control when a rock hit the glass on the door of the passenger’s side. She stopped abruptly before she could crash. She was gripping the wheel tightly until she heard her baby boy bawling from the scare. She tried to shush him but tried to stop her tears as well. She was going to start the car again not daring to get out seeing who could’ve attacked her. That’s until she heard a faint voice scream.

“You should’ve known better than to come into his life! You two are only bringing them down!”

She felt her heart sink; she already knew what this was about. It wasn’t the first time she got attacked by the ‘sasaeng’ fans, but they never had gotten to the extent to actually try to harm them physically. She’s told her husband about them. Since they had found out about their relationship and Younghyun, they began to stalk them to the point where they even found where they lived. Since Youngjae was almost always out working, they’d take the chance to prank her and send her threat notes.

She has told Youngjae about it, and he always promised that he wouldn’t let anything happen to her. But today she felt both her life and the baby’s in danger.

--

Youngjae got out of the van cautiously; he waved to the rest of the boys and the driver and made his way inside. He looked to the side when he saw something unusual in their car. He quickly opened the door.

“_____-ah! Are you alright?” –He asked as he quickly locked the door.

He ran to the living room where he found his wife curled up in the couch. Her eyes were swollen and she had her phone in one hand. He quickly rushed to her and wrapped his hands around her waist to help her sit straight. He took the phone from her hand and put it in the side.

“Jagiya… What’s wrong? What happened? Did you have an accident?” –He began to shot questions at her in desperation as he moved the hair from her face.

She began to sob desperately and he knew he had to stop. He embraced her and rubbed her back tenderly. He looked back to check on Younghyun who was still sleepy despite the sobs from his mother. He let her cry and kissed the top of her hair as she calmed down.

“It was them… again.” –She mumbled between breaths.

He couldn’t catch quite well what she said, so he pulled her away to look at her face, he dried her tears and asked her now more calmly.

“What is it?”

She sighed, and she put her head down.

“The Sasaengs… They broke the car; we almost had an accident because of the impact of the rock.”

She wiped away the tears with the back of her hand. Youngjae breathed heavily in the anger that he was feeling. How dare they put the live of the two most important people in his life in danger? He hugged her again and embraced her tightly.

“I’ve told you this before _____. I won’t let anything bad happen to you or Younghyun.”

This time she pulled away. She knew that if he could he would do anything for her, but she was also realistic.

“Youngjae. I know you would never let anything happen to us. But… This is getting out of hand. At first they were just meaningless pranks and empty threats, but now, they attempted against our life. If they did anything to me it’s fine, but, if they do anything to harm Younghyun I wouldn’t forgive myself.”

She broke down in tears as she spoke. Youngjae bitted his lip and cupped her face with both his hands as he dried her tears again with his thumb.

“I promise you… I will protect you and Younghyun.” –He pecked her lips softly. –“I won’t let anyone harm any of you. Do you believe me?”

She looked intently into his eyes and nodded slowly.

--

With her eyes fixed into the ceiling she lied down in her bed. She moved to lie on the side and looked at the baby crib that was next to the bed. She didn’t want to leave Younghyun alone in his own bedroom. She kept thinking about what had happened in the afternoon, and she felt a huge knot in as she was trapped in her thoughts. She jumped when she felt the bed move and something fall on her waist. She took a relieved sigh when she realized it was her husband who had moved to face her back. Slowly she turned around and touched the hair that was falling onto his face and softly traced his features with a small smile and a tear falling down. She whispered soft enough for him not to wake up. ‘Sorry Youngjae.’

She lied back in her place and took one last glimpse at him.

I know you want to protect us, but we can’t depend in just words…

--

A long day at work awaited Youngjae, especially when he last saw at his worried wife next to him and his son before he left. He walked to her who was silently snoozing and kneeled next to her. He kissed her softly in the cheek and caressed her hair careful enough to not wake her up, she stirred a little and he hushed her.

“I’ll be going now baby. I love you…” –He whispered close to her ear.

She nodded still in her sleep and he chuckled. He stood up and went to his baby boy’s crib. He caressed his sleeping son’s head and kissed his forehead.

“Love you Hyunnie, take good care of eomma.” –He softly said with a grin on his face.

He loved being able to wake up every day he could to this beautiful sight, his lovely wife and his beautiful son. Something he looked forward each day he spent away from them.

--

He got back late from his practice again making his way inside cautiously just in case. He saw the car with the broken windshield and he shook his head and sighed. He locked the door behind him and took a look at his silent home, something was oddly out of order and he couldn’t put his finger on it. He walked to the room to check if his wife was sleeping, as he walked to the living room he instantly noticed Younghyun’s toys weren’t in the floor. But he took it as if his wife cleaned up a little in his absence.

His shoulder’s fell when his bed was perfectly made up and Younghyun’s crib was empty. He began to call her name, but no response. He walked to Younghyun’s room but it was also empty. He kept calling her name but again no one replied. He went to the kitchen and she wasn’t there, but a yellow paper on the dining table caught his attention. He rushed to it and grabbed it with his heart beating loudly he could feel it in his ears.

He fell on the chair next to him as he read the first words.

My dear Youngjae

I am sorry for doing this to you, but I decided it’s the best decision I could take. Things were getting out of control so I decided to take Younghyun with me back to my home town.

Youngjae shook his head as he got up quickly to the room.

“This is just a joke… Please don’t play like this with me _____.”

 He opened the drawers, the closet, and everything that was hers, all her belongings, they were gone. He fell defeated in ‘their’ bed and kept reading the contents from the letter.

 Don’t take this wrong, please… I love you with all my heart. But what I said yesterday, I meant it too, if anything happens to our son I wouldn’t forgive myself. I believe that you want to protect us, but I also believe there’s not much you can do to make them go away. This is your life, and I don’t want to take that away from you. Let’s just wait until things clear up and we’ll see. I want you that until then, you keep working hard like you have, Younghyun and I will always be there watching and supporting you.

I’m sorry for taking a decision like this without you, but I knew you wouldn’t let me go if I told you what I was planning. But I was just afraid something worse could happen if I delayed. I hope you understand.

We love you… I love you Youngjae! More than anything…

_____.

Youngjae put the letter aside and his tears fell in both sides of his face, his heart was shattered but he wanted to make sure again. He sat straight and dialed your number.

‘The person you have called is currently out of the coverage area, please…’

He hung up with his face still in daze; he felt he lost the most important thing in his life. As he read the letter again and again he realized her fear, her feelings. He thought of the countless times she’d tell him about the pranks and threats she received. How many times he promised he’d comfort and tell her he’d protect her. He was blinded with what he thought he could do, and he didn’t see that she needed more than just words; she needed him to take action. But it was too late now, she walked away from his life and she took his son with her.

He wanted to have them now as it used to be, but like she let him know… He would have to wait, just wait…

Please be safe wherever you both are. I will miss you dearly… Until we meet again


 

A sasaeng fan (사생팬) is an excessively obsessed Hallyu fan. Soompi described sasaeng fans as extreme fans who stalk their idols and invade their privacy with questionable methods.

definition taken from Wikipedia

 

)): ugh I felt so teary when I wrote this. I don't know if I should leave it like that. hmm... 

I hope you liked it! 

 

Next daddy Jae I write I will make sure is not angsty (:

 

I shall try to make it as adorable as I can! This was just a one in a while thing.