Scavenger Hunt

Youngjae OneShots

Photo Credit: T.BE


 

 

Exhausted, that’s the only word that could describe Youngjae after a long day of work. He looked forward to lie on his bed comfortably. After locking the door, the air left in his lungs wasn’t enough for him to call her name to let her know of his arrival. Contemplating only one thing on his mind, Youngjae walked out of instinct towards the bedroom. His only objective in mind was to rest his eyes for a moment before going to shower. He fell into his side and let out a breath of relief.

“Thank goodness…”

Expecting an answer from his darling, he scrunched his eyebrows when a dry silence replied instead. He patted on the unorganized comforter he thought was shaping her body and only found the emptiness of the mattress. In her pillow a crumbled piece of paper lied. He picked it up and carefully opened it.

“I know you like these kind of games, so how about we play a little?

You got to find a couple of things before you find me… C’mon don’t be lazy… how about you get me some food? Something fruity and sweet would be nice.”

Youngjae clueless of his wife’s intentions sighed out of frustration.

“Yeobo… Is not time for games like this…”

Nonetheless he got up knowing that if she was already halfway into the game, the only way he could find her was if he tagged along. He walked yet again; his bones ached more and more each step of the way and into the kitchen.

The first thing he did was inspect the whole room, and not seeing anything stand out as clue, he walked to the refrigerator. As expected he found what he was searching for. There was a bright yellow note attached to a small baby apple sauce container.

He took out the note and read it.

“Yay! You found the first thing; now bring it to me along with the next one… I’m sure going to drink after this… I think I saw something that would go along nicely on the laundry room.”

Youngjae obediently followed the instruction. Now becoming more curious on what the whole game was even for.

He walked into the laundry room as the hint said and the light. Glancing at the room, he spotted a bright pink note like the yellow one he had found before, standing out on top of some clothes inside a basket. Youngjae kneeled on the ground and took the note, then noticing the object that was attached to it. Now in his hands he had a baby apple food container and a baby bottle. Feeling his heart sink into expectation, he swallowed deeply and decided to read the next note.

“I knew you could get this far dear! How are those two hints going on for you? ;)

There’s only one left though, you’re so close! :D

Now, if you want to end this game and find me, first you need to find the place where the leaves fall and you feel the breeze on your skin when you go forward and back even when you’re sitting still.

Don’t forget to bring the other two things!”

Youngjae thought carefully. There was only one answer to her little riddle. With a smile he left the room and straight to the only place in the house that he knew she could be. He held tight on his hands the two objects he had found, and couldn’t wait to hear her explanation to this late night clue game.

He opened the glass door and he instantly found her sitting figure on the swing they had on their backyard tree. Once she heard the door shut, she turned around and saw her husband with the objects from the small scavenger hunt she had set up. She pulled herself away from the swing and stood right under the tree. Youngjae had a questioningly look on his face, and to which she replied.

“Only one thing left for you to find…”

She held out a little sized shoe, to which his suspicions kept becoming more intense. He looked down at the object in her hand and up to her.

“Take it and look inside.” –She grinned to his reaction.

The man before her was speechless. Helping him, she took the previous two objects and he looked inside the shoe. He took out a little note that read.

“So you got the clues already Mr. Yoo?

What else can I say…

Inside of me there’s a little you.

A little bit of us...”

His eyes opened wide and she chuckled. Her eyes were already watering, a feeling she had tried to hold back for the sake of the surprise.

“A-are you sure?”

She nodded confidently and rubbed her tummy.

Out of impulse he embraced his wife tightly, and kissed her temple.

“This is unreal! I can’t believe we’re… going to be parents.”

She nodded still close in his arms and hugged him closer. “Me neither… I’m still letting it sink.”

He pulled away slightly and pecked her lips softly.

“It feels real, I’m definitely not dreaming…”

She shook her head and chuckled at his silliness. “I thought you had to be pinched to make sure it wasn’t a dream.”

“I got my methods…” –He winked at her.

She hit his chest and laughed, then they both stayed silent just staring at each other. Youngjae had a big smile on his face, and hers couldn’t be helped either.

“So are you tired?” –She caressed his under eyes.

“After this? Not at all!” –He exclaimed excitedly. –“How do you expect me to go to sleep now? We got much to talk about…”

He took her hand and walked her inside. All the pain and exhaustion he was feeling when he arrived home was easily forgotten. After getting the news, he now couldn’t wait to talk about their new coming gift deeply with his dear wife.

 

 


 

Sorry if this one seems rushed. I just got the inspiration *from a video* and I wanted to finish it no matter what. *lately i've been writing and not finishing anything...* lol

I definetely have no idea of how these kind of announcement goes. I just thought it'd be cute to set up a little game. ^^ /).(\ *walks away quickly*

 

Hadn't updated this since December though. oops...

Thanks for sticking around, at least when I have the chance and inspiration I'll try to post here. (:

And hello new followers too! :D

 

Say ahhhh~ :3