Part 2*Daddy Jae 2 (Idol Edition)

Youngjae OneShots

Here's part 2. I hope you guys like it! (: Thanks for the supporting comments on part one ^^ Hope you guys like this one as well ^^


 

 

I took a deep breath as I paced in my living room. My suitcases were all ready, but my heart wasn't. It was the afternoon and you had called me that you were in your way back home. That day practices were shortened.

I heard the door knob move and my heart stopped a moment. I clenched my fists so much that the knuckles turned white.

"Hey baby!" –You beamed with your usual bright smile.

You put your shoes away and made your way to me. Your smile faded and you creased your eyebrows when you looked at where the suitcases were. You looked down on me with your hands on my waist.

"What's going on? Are we going somewhere?"

I swallowed deeply and took a deep breath before speaking.

"Not we... but I." -I looked down. I am such a coward.

I could tell you had so many questions in your mind. You released my waist to take a hold of my face so I could look into your eyes. 

"What do you mean? Where could you possibly go without me?"

My eyes began to tear.

"I don't want to go either Youngjae. But my family needs me. I need to go to them for a while."

"But, why? What about me? What about us?" –That nasty lie making my love cry is so hurtful.

"There are so many things going on with my family, one of my relatives is not well, and I need to go there and help. The family business is not going well and they have so much in their hands, that they had to call me. You have your job here in Seoul. I can't ask you to come with me, that would be selfish for me to do. But- but we'll talk on the phone and keep in touch when you have the chance."

I bitted my lip and you stayed silent. Sometimes I wonder if you knew how much I began to hate those silent moments.

"How long?" -You asked not an emotion present in your tone.

I shook my head and almost stuttered. "I don't know yet how long. I’ll have to stay for as long as they need me there. Until things get better for them. Most importantly, until my eomma doesn't need me anymore..."

A tear fell, but it wasn't because of what I said. I felt guilty for lying. You put your head down and your hands on my shoulders. 

"I get that she needs you, but I need you too."

My lips parted just like my heart tore up. I cupped your face to make you look at me. 

"I don't want to leave you either. But I need to... Please understand."

You nodded, maybe to make me feel at ease. You caressed my hair and asked. "When are you leaving?"

"In a couple of hours. They contacted me as an emergency; I need to get there soon."

"That's not enough time... I have lately barely gotten enough time to see you.” –You paused, this time we both stayed silent.

“Please promise me you'll come back soon. Please..."

With a tear falling I nodded, my words couldn't come out. You tilted your head and leaned closer. Our eyes closed halfway before you kissed me. Every second became much more painful.

Just when I was thinking I couldn't break down more you sealed this goodbye with repeating these words.

"Please come back soon..."

 

--

It was a long agonizing ride. Every now and then I would get your texts wondering if I arrived already. It wasn't until I stepped out on my mother's home that I replied. I kept my answer to a simple 'I arrived safely'.

Entering the door frame I heard my mother's surprised voice.

"Darling what are you doing here?"

My mother came as I put my suitcases down and hugged me tight. I felt self conscious about my stomach so I pulled away from the bottom, trying to keep the distance. She noticed instantly my reaction and giving me a look she cocked her eyebrow.

"Are you...?"

It was her mother intuition and my strange manner that made her suspicious.

"I didn't come here to talk about me eomma... How are you?"

She looked at my suitcases and crossed her arms.

"Why are you here?" –She asked with all the seriousness in the world.

"Because... I want to spend time with you eomma... Is there anything wrong with that?" –I wrapped my arm around her shoulder.

"Of course not honey!" –Her sweet tone suddenly changed. –“But having your whole life in the city I can't think of anything else but you having problems with your husband for you to suddenly come here with all your things."

She could read me like no one else could. There was nothing I could hide from her.

"I'm not having problems with Youngjae..."

But my tone said otherwise.

"Come on... Spit it." –She said as she tapped on the chair next to her. I sighed and sat down.

I explained to her everything, from my suspicions, and your words, to the confirmation, to my leave, and my reasons. And it seemed like she believed more in you than I did.

"Hun... You should've given him the chance to let him know about it, he’s the father after all. I know he said that, but you should know that sometimes the man tends to get insecure on their abilities to take care of their loved ones. Sure he has an intense job, but that doesn't mean that he won't be able to give you and your little baby what you both need."

I shook my head as I buried my face in my hands.

"Eomma I'm scared that things will just go crazy after the baby is born. I don't want to be a burden. What if he thinks that? What if he leaves me alone...?"

"Then what were you planning to do after you moved here?"

She made me think, I didn’t really thought things through. I didn't realize it until then.

"I was going to wait... And then maybe, let him know that things weren't working out between us?"

I even questioned myself. She just smirked.

"That was your brilliant idea?" -She sarcastically questioned. -"You do realize that you would still be left alone by your own choice by doing that. Instead if you tell him and live there with him despite his tight schedule... At least you would feel safe knowing that the baby will have his dad nearby giving him all the time he can manage."


"What if Youngjae doesn't accept the baby? What then?"

"I think Youngjae not being able to give you both enough time is the least of your fears. I think you are scared of him rejecting the baby the most. Aren't you?” – I nodded and she shifted and moved closer to me putting her arm around my shoulder. –“______-ah, you should stop asking 'what ifs' from now on. You have to think about your baby's future instead. You should trust the husband you married, that he's a responsible young man and he wouldn't just leave halfway something in which you both contributed."


I sighed, she was right. I'm glad I had that talk with her. But I still didn’t feel like I was ready.

"I need a little time though... There are things I need to figure out still."

She nodded. "Alright then, but you have to tell him as soon as you can. This is not something to take lightly."

--

After that talk, you don't know how much I hesitated to call you or to pick up your calls. How much I tried to pick up the phone so we could meet up. How much I thought more than twice to answer your messages to which I never did. I guess I still had fear left in me.

It had passed more than a month and my flat stomach was more of a bump then. My hormones were driving me crazy already and sometimes I would laugh for the simplest things and sometimes I'd be overly sensitive and I would just cry for no apparent reason. Maybe there was a reason after all.

But I remember that day, that day someone knocked on my door. You were the one I least expected.
 

I opened the door, and instantly you looked down at my stomach. Out of reflex I almost closed the door in your face. I honestly don't know what I was planning on doing or gain by that. I was just scared. Your foot stopped the door and you pushed the door. I backed away so the door wouldn't hit me.


"Is this why you left all along?" –You said sternly. I couldn’t blame you.

"Youngjae you don't understand I..." –You cut me off.

"What were you planning to do? Weren't you going to tell me? Were you planning to do this all by yourself?" –Your tone kept rising. I felt vulnerable.

"Please Youngjae don't yell..."

"Dammit ______-ah! Don't you know how much I worried for you? You didn't pick up my calls or answer my messages. Were you really going to give away all the time we spent together? Were you really going to leave me alone like this? You lied to me! What were you thinking?" –My chest felt pressured. I couldn’t say anything about it anymore, you had the reason.

Again I was extremely sensitive and your words hurt even more than they should've. I breathed heavily and tears began to fall no matter how much I tried to hold them. That's when your expression softened and so did your tone, you looked at me in fear, as if you regretted the past minutes since you've stepped through that door. "______-ah... I-I'm sorry. I've been frustrated lately... I- I shouldn't snap out at you like this."

You stuttered and walked to me. You hugged my stiff body gentle enough not to put pressure in my tummy. You rubbed small circles in my back and rested your chin on my head until I calmed down a bit.

"Did you really think I wouldn't accept our child?" -You spoke against my hair.

I pulled away a little and met with your tearful eyes.

"I-I just thought... You said it was too early... And-and I saw how tired and exhausted you were... I-I didn't want to burden you... I thought about your job, you're always busy doing so much... And you sacrifice so much for me... I couldn't afford for you to sacrifice anything more..." -I confessed between the tears.

You smiled faintly, pushing the anger away.

"Silly girl..." –You kissed the top of my head. –“You're never a burden for me. Sometimes I feel like I burden you, not being able to give the time I want to. But that doesn't mean I won't take responsibility for something we're both responsible for. This baby right here is yours as much as is mine. And I want us three to be together." 

You rubbed my stomach, my stiffness slowly fading away. "Even if I have to make more time for you guys I will..."

"But, what about your work?"

"Right now... You two are my number one priority. I'll find away. Don't you worry about that, my love."

I smiled. How I couldn’t smile after hearing such sweet words. I wrapped my arms around you and you embraced me. 

"Thank you Jae... I'm sorry..."

You pulled me away and lifted my chin and dried a remaining tear. 

"Is alright now, don’t cry. Let's focus now in our oncoming little bundle of joy."

I nodded and you leaned to my ear and whispered: "I've missed you so much beautiful.. Don’t ever leave my side like that."

Leaning down even more you kissed me for all the time we've spent apart from each other, letting me know so much just by this genuine gesture of love. I no longer remembered what I was scared of. No longer I wanted to run away.

 

--

Later you let me know that you came for me because of my mother. Due to my own fear of telling you, she contacted you since I hadn’t taken action. I got to give it to her, she did well. I thank my mother for always pulling through for me after all these years. I hope I’ll someday be an amazing mother like her. If it weren’t for her help, I wouldn’t be able to enjoy moments like these...

 

"Say appa..." –You repeated for the hundredth time.

"Uh-ma..." –Little Younghyun struggled to say. 

I chuckled at your frustrated face. "Good boy Hyunnie!" –I cooed earning an adorable giggle from him.

"Hyunnie don't listen to her." –I playfully punched your arm. You grinned and said. –“Is appa. Ah-ppa." –You repeated for emphasis.

The baby just starred with his lips parted and a small bubble blowing. I chuckled and dried his wet lips with his baby cloth.

"Youngjae it’s getting much later. You've had a long day, you should go rest now." –I was about to take the baby from you. I knew how hard it was for you to give your hours of resting just so you could spend some time with our son after coming from a long day of work.

You pulled back and protested. "No fair I'll put him to bed. You get to play with him all day. I'll do it. You must be tired too."

I can't argue with you. I agreed. "Alright, we'll go together. I can't go to sleep knowing you're still awake."

--

After putting our baby to sleep we got ready for bed. We both rested our bodies in our bed facing each other.

"It's pretty cold tonight. Come here." –You said opening your arms under the covers.

You welcomed me into your arms. I nuzzled against your chest taking in the warmth of your body.

"Thanks..." –I said.

You pulled away a little and asked. "Thanks for what yeobo?"

I nuzzled again in your chest. "For everything." –Those two words were enough for me to summarize all you've done for me. You've become my ‘everything’.

"For you... I'd do anything." –You said with your sleepy voice and embraced me even more and kissing the top of my head. "Saranghae..."

My eyes were slowly closing and with my last bit of energy I managed to say back. "Nado Saranghae..."

 

Remembering how this journey began, I often thank that it is you who has been on my side all along. As much as I can, I won't doubt you, even if things don't seem to work out, I won't leave your side. We still have much ahead of us, and I no longer fear the future, for it is you who's right here with me. You, our little baby and I, our small family of three, just the way it should be.

 


 

 

Hello to the new subscribers! I hope you enjoy the oneshots! :D

 

And thanks to those who've been here for a while. I haven't forgotten you (:

 

I can't believe I managed to write both parts in my ipod. I had a long trip to the doctor yesterday, what a better way to spend the road trip writing? (: