Surprise (Edited)

My Boyfriend is a Telekinesis (Editing Chapters)

7pm. It came fast. Soojung was already waiting at the living room, with her mom talking about Luhan being her boyfriend would be good and else. Seeing how matching her daughter and Luhan looks when they arrived together in his motorcycle. But Soojung could only sighed and rolled her eyes at her mom’s silly suggestions. Why would she date the jerk? It’s absurd.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. Soojung quickly walked her way to the front door. Opening it, revealing Kris. Cladded with black, elegant formal suit. He looks so dashing and handsome, she thought. Feeling a little bit dizzy by the faint cologne from Kris, she could only smiled at him.

“You ready?” Kris asked, eyes sparkling at the sight of pretty Soojung infront of him. He never thought that she will be all prepared like this. He could even saw that she put on some make-up.

“Yeah. Mom, I’ll be going first!” Soojung nods, before calling out to her mom. Her mom hurriedly reach the front door. Feasting her eyes on the handsome man beside her daughter.

“Oh, be careful darling. Have fun” her mom waved, smiling at the couple. But wondered why it’s not Luhan who picks her up. But nonetheless, this one’s good also, her mom thought.

Soojung made her way to Kris’ car. She never thought that Kris could drive a car. While she was dazed with the somehow-expensive-and-elegant looking car, Kris opened the front door seat for her, being the gentleman he is. Making her blushed at his gestures.

“Thanks” she smiled, before entering the front seat. Checking the car’s design from inside. She now realized how rich could Kris be.

Kris got in the driver’s seat. Starting the engine and drive to the appointed restaurant. Once in a while, he would glance over Soojung. Checking her out in her dress, those glossy lips. She surely put on some lipgloss, he thought. How much he wanted to kiss that plump lips. Making her become his. Take her into some journey or a trip in this car, together with him. But nonetheless, he stopped his dreams and went back into focusing on the road.

They arrived in a matter of minutes. Kris opened the front door seat opened again, so she would walk out like a princess. Soojung could only lowered her head, feeling embarassed. They went in to the fancy restaurant. Soojung know this restaurant served the best food and quality. But it has a very expensive price also. Once again, she was dazzled about how much money does Kris has. It’s extraordinary. She’s nothing compared to the said male.

Sitting beside the window, they sat across each other. Soojung looked at the menu that was laying down on the table. Wondering what to eat in such a expensive place. She surely wouldn’t had the money to bought several dishes. She maybe could only buy one bowl of spaghetti tops, with water as her drinks.

“Ah, just put the menu down. I already ordered before picking you up. Everything’s ready, don’t worry” Kris slowly lowered the menu down, so he could see Soojung’s face. The girl could only nods, deep down inside, she hopes that he didn’t order anything that expensive and extravagant so she could has enough money to pay him. While Kris studied her facial expressions, he chuckled everytime the girl gaped at how fancy the restaurant was and frowns at the menu once in a while. So innocent, he thought.

Not long after, the waiter comes by. Putting down two dishes, with lids on it. One infront of Kris and another infront of Soojung. Soojung never had been served with a dish that has lid on it. She thought it must be such an expensive dish. Her shoulder deflated at the thought of her wallet thining. When the waiter picks up the lid, she gasped softly and surprised at the dish.

It was just a simple ramen. A ramen that you can even cook at home by yourself. Looking at Kris, he smiled and started eating. Surprising the girl even more. She thought that Kris ordered it wrong but it didn’t seems like it. Staring at her ramen, she smiled. Rich people must loved simple dishes like this, she thought. Feeling relief that she doesn’t has to worry about her wallet, she decided to enjoy her dinner. Picking up the chopstick, she looked at Kris once again. Only to found he’s eating hungrily, enjoying his food very much.

“Oh my, baby Kris!” Soojung was about to eat, when a woman’s voice calling out for Kris. Surprising both of them. Glancing up, a very pretty woman was beside Kris. Gripping on his shoulder tightly.

“Hey baby!” Kris put down his utensils, greeting the woman with a kiss on her cheeks. Making Soojung’s stomach turns at the sight. Since when he got a girlfriend? She never know that Kris actually had a girlfriend.

“So this is why you canceled our date? I thought you missed me...” the girl pouts, making Kris chuckled. Brushing the woman’s hair to the side. Meanwhile Soojung could only stay still, feeling lost to the woman. The woman has a slim body, S-line, and somehow she had this ‘rich looks’. She’s an angel compared to Soojung.

“Sorry baby, but I had an appointment with my friend over here” Kris glanced toward Soojung, making the woman looked at her too. Soojung smiled and nods her head, agreeing at what Kris said. The woman could only nods in agreement, not able to argue.

“Well, could I meet you up tonight? At your mansion? Oh! Or could I join you guys?” the woman smiles, excited at her own ideas. While Soojung froze upon hearing it. She couldn’t believe her own ears. The woman wants to join us?

“Ah—well, Soojung, is it okay?” Kris asked her, getting a permission from her. Soojung just simply couldn’t say ‘no’ to Kris. Not after her misunderstanding about Kris inviting her for a date. He just simply say ‘date’ because it’s a friend’s meeting. Not a ‘i like you date’ date. Realizing how stupid she was, she nods at him. Giving him the permission.

“Thanks” the woman simply said, before sitting beside Kris, linking her arms around Kris’ arms. Getting all touchy infront of Soojung. How stupid Soojung was to expect Kris liking her back. Looking at the ramen, she no longer had the appetite to eat. Not after the smack of reality that is hitting her hard. Her heart aches, wanting to get out from this place immediately but she just couldn’t. Tears threaten to fall down any soon. Bitting on her lower lips, hoping the tears would stop. Her body trembles without her knowing. All she wanted to do right now is to go home.

“Happy birthday Soojung” Kris suddenly started to sing, making Soojung surprised at his sudden melodic voice. Wait—

“Happy birthday Soojung” the woman joins, and so does the workers around them.

“Happy birthday, happy birthday—“ Soojung looked up, glancing around that people started to sing her the ‘happy birthday’ song, clapping their hands to the rythm.

“Happy birthday Soojung!” lastly, she saw Luhan, walking towards her, while bringing a birthday cake, with lighten candles on it. Soojung could no longer held back her tears. Her tears flowed through her cheeks, moistening it. She cries like a baby, not believing the sight she’s seeing. People are celebrating her birthday. It’s been a while since it happened. She never had anything like this before. Not something that’s eye-catching like this before.

While Luhan quickly placed the ‘minimelts’ cake on the table, hurriedly went over Soojung to calm her down. Patting her head, while wiping away her tears. Not long after, the girl hugged Luhan. Feeling embarassed because she cried out loud and wanting to dissapear right this moment. But the male, grabbing the opportunity to hug her warm, soft body back. Chuckling at her embarassment.

“Time to blow the candles, birthday girl” Luhan whispered to her ear. As much as he wanted to stay on that position a little bit longer, he doesn’t want to take the chance of the candles ruining her ‘minimelts’ cake that she loved so much. The girl released herself from the hug, facing the cake. Surprised as it’s a ‘minimelts’ cake. She wanted to cry once more, but everyone’s already waiting for her to blow the candles. She doesn’t want to make people wait any longer.

After wishing for her family & friends’ health, and for herself also, she blew the candles. Hands clapping and confetti starting to decorate the whole place. Slicing up the cakes, she shared it with the workers and others. Only then she realized that Eunju is there also. Hugging her, she feeds her the first cake. Making Eunju teared up at the strong friendship they’re having.

Finished with distributing the cakes, she start searching for Luhan. Walking around only to find him chatting with Kris, plus that woman also. She bravely walked up to them, pretending that everything’s okay.

“Hey, birthday girl. Happy birthday once again” Luhan greeted, patting her head softly. While she smiled at him, feeling thankful for all he has done for her.

“Thanks a lot Luhan. I couldn’t ask for more” the girl couldn’t stop smiling at the nice surprise. While the male cheered inside that his plan has worked smoothly, earning a genuine smile from the girl.

“Happy birthday Soojung” Kris cuts in. Soojung looked at him, realizing that the woman is looking at her also.

“Thanks—but didn’t you have plans with your girlfriend?” Soojung asked, feeling heavy to send them off but she’s too heart-broken to see Kris’ face right now.

“Girlfriend?—oh, hahaha!” Luhan laughed out loud, making the girl’s confused. While Kris smiled at the situation they’re having right now.

“I’m Kris’ older sister. Victoria Wu.” The woman said between Luhan’s laugh, making Soojung blushed at her misunderstading. Once again, she got tricked by the jerk.

“Oh, I’m Im Soojung” the girl bowed politely, before cheking out Victoria’s features. Well, she does resembles Kris a lot.

“I know you. Kris always talks about you at home. Saying that you’re special and else” Victoria said, chuckling at the memories of their talks. While Soojung blushed even more, feeling the atmosphere begins to get hot.

“Aww—you’re so cute, I always wanted a younger sister like you. Not an annoying younger brother” Victoria poked Soojung’s redden cheeks.

“Yah noona stop it.” Kris pry Victoria’s hands away from Soojung. He also started to blush because of what her sister been saying. Well, it’s the truth though.

“So, is it clear? That she’s Kris’ older sister?” Luhan asked, at last stopping from his laughter.

The girl nods in embarassment, before Luhan dragged her away from them.

“Yah, what are you—“

“Happy birthday my love. I hope you’re going to spend your next birthday with me, just the two of us, okay?” Luhan said, before pinching her cheeks. Making the girl pouts at the stinging feeling.

“Yah, it hurts. Why would you do that? And heck, spending my birthday with you? No way!” the girl rolled her eyes, crossing her arms defensively.

“But—thanks for tonight” the girl said quietly, before dashing away with a shy feelings linger around her. Feeling awkward if she get close to Luhan any longer.

“That girl...” the male chuckled.


I was thinking all day at school. What will be the surprise? Will it be :

1. Luhan replaced Kris at the date

2. Luhan joined Kris-Soojung date

3. Luhan joined Kris-Soojung date, with bringing his own date

4. Birthday party for Soojung!

And I just simply pick no.4! I mean, no 1 is not logical, since Kris liked Soojung also so he definitely won't hand over the date to Luhan

No.2? Well, it's just simply weird and I don't know how to write it

No.3... I need to avoid adding other characters from now. Since it's not that important and Soojung won't be jealous because she still doesn't love/like Luhan

So, no.4 is the best choice!

And I've been checking for new comments this whole day. I was like, logging in and out, in and out, in and out. It makes me kinda frustrated :p

Anyway, enjoy the story and STAY TUNE<3