Revelations: The First Elfs

First ELFs

 

                It was evening when Leeteuk and the other members reached their hostel. It was that evening that JungHoon promised the boys about everything related to the girls. JungHoon was waiting in HeeRae’s unit because she was still in the hospital and HeeYun had to watch over her.

                “I wonder why it has to be HeeRae’s unit... we could have discussed it over at our dorm” LeeTeuk grumbled.

                “There must be a reason to it” Ryeowook said thoughtfully as he, Leeteuk, Heechul, Eunhyuk and DongHae arrived in front of HeeRae’s dorm. Heechul went forth and punched in the password.

                “Yah... how did you know the password?” Leeteuk asked suspiciously.

                “Psh... I saw HeeYun punched it... it’s not too hard to forget... 110605” HeeChul smirked.

                “Isn’t that... isn’t that the date of our debut?” Eunhyuk said, Leeteuk’s interest risen up.

                “Yeah” Heechul said “Never thought you’d be that smart” Then the door opened. They went in to see that the rest of the members and their manager were already there.

                “ANYEOOOOOONNNNGGGG!!!” Someone squealed. The new comers turned their heads and fell on the particular 2 chinese members.

                “Henry? ZhouMi?” Leeteuk was surprised to see them.

                “What are you guys doing here?” Ryeowook asked, happily greets the 2 with a hug.

                “They are a part of the things I’m going to tell you guys” JungHoon said. “Besides, HenLi and ZhouMi are quite close to the girls, they are here because the company called them a few days ago”

                “Mwoh?” The boys chorused and looked at the 2 Chinese members cower.

                “How come they knew about the girls?” Kyuhyun asked.

                “ZhouMi and HenLi knew the girls personally before you guys debuted.” Junghoon said. “HyeWon was a half Chinese and had met ZhouMi before, HenLi and SeulRi go to dance school together in Canada... that is until SeulRi moved to Los Angeles where she casted together with Kibum”

                The first revelation kind of surprised the boys, they gave sounds of understanding and the other members were nodding. Who would have thought that these 2 Chinese members knew them.

                “Ohh?! Then does Kibum know SeulRi?” DongHae asked.
                “Yeah” JungHoon said “But actually, SeulRi’s real name is Sally. Wang Sally” The other members nodded, but Kyuhyun stands up.

                “I KNEW IT!!! IKNEW IT!!!” Kyuhyun said, his faced grimaced as though he was really annoyed.

                “Wae?” JungHoon and the rest of the members looked at him.

                “Wang Sally was my classmate in Middle school to High school!” Kyuhyun’s voice was as though he was cheated over something. The members looked at him blankly.

                “Why are you so worked out?” Heechul asked, Kyuhyun just took a seat and huffed.
                “Psh...” Kyuhyun huffed. “Not your business...” Kyuhyun said and gestured JungHoon to continue.

                “HeeRae and her group... were the first ELFs”

                “First ELFs?” Siwon’s shibrows contracted.

                “Yes...” JungHoon said. “After that ‘miracle accident’, *sigh*... I’m not sure if I’m the one who should tell this” He looked at the boys’ faces that were looking at him in curiosity.

                “Hyung... we have the right to know... it’s a part of us!” Leeteuk said firmly. “I want to know who they are and what connection we have... HeeRae said they composed our songs when it’s clearly that the name of our composers were different”

                JungHoon looked at the searching eyes of Leeteuk. He knows once Leeteuk is determined to know something, he’s bound to find out everything. JungHoon sighed again and looked at the boys.

                 “Listen boys, before we start, I just want you to listen to me first before saying anything, arasso?” JungHoon asked. “You want to know who these girls were?” JungHoon asked and there were nods and sounds of hums done. “I know some of you knew this... but these girls are your ghost composers. They signed a contract... they will take the path where they will be unknown to everyone including you. It is to avoid more issues” JungHoon said sadly.
                “But hyung, what made them become our main composers? And how come?” Leeteuk asked, remembering that HeeRae wasn’t able to relate to him the reason that time when they were stuck inside the elevator. (relate to chap 11). Junghoon smiled.

                “Let me tell you something beautiful happened after the miracle accident...” Junghoon said and tried to remember. “I could remember it perfectly...”

                The boys nodded, listening to their manager like an old bed time story.      

 

SEPTEMBER 11, 2005 JungHoon’s POV

               

                It was your showcase that time. Every staff from SM was there... you had not performed yet. I was sitting quietly at the back of the function hall... I heard that some trainees were invited. I wasn’t your manager back then.

                “Kim JungHoon-ssi, someone is looking for you near the lobby” The coordi lady said to me. I stand up and walked towards where the lady told me. Then I saw HeeRae sitting by the bench near some room, I approached her.
                “Hello there, HeeRae” HeeRae looked up... She immediately stood up and bowed at me respectfully. I surveyed her face carefully I saw a visible scar on the side of her neck and a gauze covering her right cheek.

                “How have you been?” I asked as soon as she lifted her face. She smiled softly.

                “I’m fine, they already allowed me to get out already, JungHoon oppa” She said, her voice was a bit different from the last time I heard her. After 4 months worth of recovery time they stayed at the hospital, they stayed at some rest house for 5 more months for their complete recovery since their injuries were very fatal. I felt a tinge of pain in my chest. I was supposed to be these girls’ manager.

                “Your voice...” I muttered, She mustered a soft smile.

                “Ah... it’s because of the operation...” HeeRae said, not looking at me.

                “Come, let us discuss your future plan” I said. “Let’s take a small walk around”

                Both of us went further from the lobby, passing a small cafeteria where familiar faces were seen. Walking in silence, HeeRae just looked around, looking for something to take her painful thoughts from her. I could feel a cold aura from her... I felt sympathetic to her.

                “HeeRae-ah... we really regret what happened to you and your friends, the company still wants to still push through” I said, thinking what sajang-nim told me. Even though that SM had spent too much, they still want these girls to debut.

                “Forgive me, but I see no more reason to continue...” HeeRAe spoke; I was shocked by her words, she was not the brave HeeRae I’ve known “We are a lost asset, we cannot continue anymore in our condition...”

                “We do understand, but the problem is that you have signed to contract, the only alternative is to change the conditions of the contract if you do not want to push through to show biz” I said in a straight voice. “I have told this to your other members, but they want your word” I have met the rest of the members a few days ago. Although they completely recovered, their situation was still fragile. HeeRae was the last member I have to talk to.

                “We’ll find another way...” HeeRae said as we passed a familiar corridor... the room where you guys were practicing for the day’s event.

                The song played and HeeRae watched 12 members dancing here and there. HeeRae frowned then smiled. We watched you guys practicing your showcase... she’s silent and watched you guys until she kind of laughed. She was entertained and delighted. It was my first time to see her smile again. I do pay her a visit when she was still under confinement. She never smiled in her situation. She laughed especially when it was ShinDong, Leeteuk and Kangin’s stage.

                “Oppa, who are they?” She asked, entertained.

                “Trainees to debut in a few months” I said. “Their name wasn’t finalized yet, but they were called as SM Juniors”

                “Jinjja?” HeeRae asked and looked at you guys once more. “Juniors?” With that, she even laughed real hard.

                “Why did you laugh?” I asked her, she looked at me.
                “Nothing” HeeRae said between laughs. “They looked adorable”

                “What adorable? They should be pictured as extreme, rebellious, and the other sorts... they can’t be adorable” I told her, but she kept on smiling.

                “They looked fun!” HeeRae said. “I don’t think rebel concept suits them”

                “You can say that” I said, I smiled that at least she really noticed your real concept.

                “They’re too many!” HeeRae smiled. I chuckled. “But they’re good at this”

                “To tell the truth” I started, there was something in my voice that got all her attention. “Their concept is to change its members as years come, one of them must be changed.” HeeRae frowned.

                “What happens when the member is changed?” She asked, looking back at you who were having fun with each other.

                “Well—actually, the boys in this group already spend a large amount in training; some of them spend 5 years in training. The other could have debut but cancelled. So the talent producers just placed the remaining trainees in one group to cut cost...” I said tuthfully. “They were known as the... rejects”

                “What?” HeeRae couldn’t believe her ears.

                “The other producers agreed to this, I couldn’t do anything” I said sadly.

                “But then... what if one of the members didn’t shine as much as the other one?” She asked.

                “They will be... disregarded” I said simply.

                Her eyes widened I could see the shock in her eyes.

                “It was hard to look for composers since no one wants to write them a song because of their large number and different tunes. That’s why we have to change members yearly” I said.

                “But you can’t do this...” HeeRae said, her voice was firm and there was a tint of anger. I looked at her in surprise.

                “HeeRae-ah...” I surveyed her. She has this disbelief look on her face, mixed with determination.

                “Look at them, oppa!” HeeRae gestured at you boys. “Do they deserve that fate?”

                “I know they don’t” I said nervously. HeeRae was never afraid to speak out her mind.

                “No one wants to compose songs to them? I don’t think it’s the problem! Why won’t the company produce composers for them?” HeeRae frowned.

                “HeeRae-ah, after your accident we couldn’t afford to spend more” I said clearly.

                “Oppa, you should handle these guys” HEeRae said, I was surprised. Handling you guys were never that easy.
                “Mwoh?” I asked and looked at her determined eyes.

                “Oppa... the company needs payment for our accident, right?” HeeRae asked and looked at me. “Then we will start by composing songs for them”

                I looked at her with much awe... she was really determined. True, she was gifted with music and she can compose any song in any genre at a very young age... but why does she want to help these guys? It’s like using your own self for the benefit of others... Truthfully, I really wanted you guys to continue as far as you could. I hoped that some composers would share their songs to you. But I never expected... that it would be the girls.

                “HeeRae, I think you should think about this before deciding...” I said softly, surveying her expression closely.

                “I already decided... I’ll talk with the members, I’m sure they’ll agree with me” HeeRae said, once HeeRae decides what ot do, there’s no stopping...

                “But... using your songs for them?” I was concerned with the outcome.

                “Oppa... I love music so much... but due to this situation... I couldn’t grasp the dream I was hoping for... but in this way, it’s like embracing music again” HeeRae said. “I’ll make sure to get these guys to the top! I’ll help you manage everything that has to do with them... Oppa we can’t just leave them like that!” HeeRae was already grasping my coat.

                “But why?” I asked. “You barely even knew them”
                “Oppa... their passion for music is the same with us” HeeRae said, such a simple reason, I never knew what made her want to do this.

                I shivered at her expression... there were mix emotions and yet, there was fierce determination... just like the time she auditioned for stardom a year ago. She was... unbelievable...

 

BACK TO THE PRESENT

 

                “... then, we both appealed to Lee SooMan about this concept before you guys performed your piece. Soo Man agreed to make up with the loss that girls made.” JungHoon said. “HeeRae, at such young age is so naive. But when her heart speaks, there’s no way to stop it... her intentions were never that biased. It was then HeeRae composed numerous songs together with HyeWon. Sally, MeeKyong and HyunAe coordinated with your choreographers to do your dances’ choreography.”

                JungHoon stopped and looked at the boys. They wore a very serious unreadable expression. The boys’ debut was always a sensitive issue that it leaves a scar in their hearts. Leeteuk closed his eyes, not understanding why would HeeRae had gone through all this for them.

                It’s just... absurd in his opinion.

                “Hyung... can you figure out why would they do this?” HeeChul asked, it seemed incredulous for HeeChul. JungHoon frowned and tried to come up with an explanation.
                “I’m not really sure about this, but I think the reason they’ve done all of these because when you guys sing their songs, when you dance their choreography and when you work together as a group... it seemed very similar with the girls.” JungHoon paused for a while. “They have seen all the things they have lost in you guys.”

                “All the lost things?” SungMin rephrased.

                “All the lost ablilities... you know that these girls’ group name were supposed to be ELF right? Ever Lasting Friend” JungHoon said and the guys nodded. “They were a concept where they use the power of friendship... HeeRae had seen that in you. You guys held on with each other as though everything will end in a snap. Do you know why they composed Twins (knock out) and Miracle as your debut songs?”

                “Wae?” The guys chorused.

                “To the girls, the song is very special” JungHoon said. “Twins knock out is a message for you guys, not to look at the past but rather look on the future ahead. Don’t let your heart waver in the sides of darkness, but rather change the world with your strengths. Because there is always hope when you’re alive”

                “We didn’t think of that” Eunhyuk said sheepishly.
                “I really didn’t thought of that” Kyuhyun said bitterly.

                “Duh, you were not still a part of us back then” Leeteuk snapped, JungHoon chuckled.

                “Then Miracle for you holds another special meaning” JungHoon said “It was the time... when the girls are experiencing hardship after the accident. The title was miracle... a caption that got from Miracle accident”

                The boys’ eyes widened, they never knew that behind their song was something so sensitive and they just sung it like nothing happened.

                “The ‘miracle’ meant after the setback of the accident. It was When the time that the girls were really down... then suddenly, a new hope arises. It was then, they had met you. They said it felt like a miracle when they decided to help you guys. When you sing the song it goes: ‘When I first saw you, a miracle, I felt the miracle it was you’. You guys had inspired them to live again” JungHoon said and looked at the effect it made to the boys.

                “Wow” The boys felt prouder.

                “I was just a simpleton back then, I never thought I could inspire someone” Ryeowook pouted as he remembered how he was on their debut era.

                “If you’re a simpleton, then what about me?” ShinDong rolled his eyes.

                “ShinDong-ah, the girls have high respect on you” JungHoon said. “Because you had amazed them so much”

                “Jinjja?” ShinDong was surprised, JungHoon nodded.

                “Then what about me, HenLi and ZhouMi?” Kyuhyun asked. JungHoon looked at Kyuhyun.

                “I’m quite interested to know that too” ZhouMi said, nodding his head.

                “There’s a reason why the company picked you 3...” JungHoon said. “It was the girls’ idea”


Kyuhyun: waaaeeee??? Why did those ELFS picked me???
AiMei: excited much?
Kyuhyun: I JUST WANNA KNOW~
ZhouMi: Kyu, as much as the readers want to know we have to wait fuuu~

berrybunnyberrikins  ahhhhh sorry for not commenting earlier, i was going to read it, i had this all opened up and ready to go, THEN... ...i had to go to the doctor for my knee... ^^" which is why i end up commenting only now... ^^ hope you dont mind...?

i love how this is coming along... i'm soooo sure its heechul... he loves the angel anyway...!oh, and YES HENRY COMES BACK COLOURFUL WHOOOOOO~ btw, why is zhou mi and eunhyukkie's colours the same...? AISH I should REALLY stop fussing over colours...

Henry: Omo~ What happened to your knees? You alright???
Siwon: Cheer up! don't worry about sending fan letters late, we're still going to appreciate it no matter what :)
Henry: To cheer you up, WATCH ME CHANGE COLORS~
AiMei: Hyuk's and Mimi's colour is the same? uhmmm nop, ZhouMi's was brown and Hyuk's was fire brick red... maybe they  looked similar, yeah...

kelly2010 : Heechul is so CheulRi's father. I wasn't sure at first but now I am. Leeteuk, so glad you're opening up more to Heerae and its obvious you love her. Ryeowook, you're my ideal type :).

Heechul: Nah... impossible
Leeteuk: Everyhting is possible HOHOHO~
Ryeowook: weeeeeeeeeeee~~~ too many people loooooving meeehh~

Sadiyahm: How about a hint oppas my bias is born in either January or February :)) good luck guessing ;)

SungMin: I'm born on Jan 1~
Kangin: I am Jan 17
Kyuhyun: Im a Feb 03!
HanKyung:  Feb 09... 
AiMei: So... which one is he? Hmmm more hint? XD
siwon: but you know... my file birthdate is on Feb 10... my real is on April
AiEMi: jinjja?!

dbjuniorbang: I'm glad that HeeYun didn't abort ChuelRi... that's just mean... author-nim, are kibum, henry,zhoumi, and kangin will appear in this story besides the fanletters segment? kibum is my bias u know... :)))

Kibum: Hey~ Thank you! :D
AiMei: Hey, don't worry about it :) Henry, ZhouMi, Kibum, HanKyung and Kangin will be featured... this chappy already has ZhouMi and Henry. as for Kibummiei, he'll appear in a short while :)
Kangin: What about me?
HanKyung: Yeah... and me?
AiMei: SOOOOOON~

Sherryy-Angel:Omg funnu about that Lion king part, and omg Heechul is so cute with the child, and omg she called him appa how cute.
Ps Yah Wookie love me, I love you more.And mianhae Eunhyuk oppa I still love you don't hate me, Fishy take care of Monkey oppa ne?
Pss PLEASE update soon, I CAN'T wait keke I love it.

Ryeowook: I LOVE THEM LOVING MEEEE~~~ WEEEEEEE!!!!
Eunhyuk : Ouch... I feel my heart... it's breaking! Omo omo....
DongHae: Let me fix it for you~ OR YOU DIE

Park-Sandara :aweee chullie do u wanna be the father that bad???? Kibum oppa, if you a vampy then come to america so i can be one too! now i want all of suju to answer this, do you like Heerae?? Yes or no??? HEERAE UNNIE GET BETTER SOONNN

SUJU15: YES-NO-YEEEESS-NOOOO-YEEEEESSSSHHH!!!!
Kibum: you live in america? cool! I'll go to you once I get my wings done ^^ kekekekkekkeke~
Heechul: Noooooo

Anehyuk: I have no words to express my feeling .Iam excited and scared for the news please update soon. You won't bite me If I hug you right kibum? And kangin oppa don't be jealous I love you :p And author-nim get well soon:)

AiMei: Thank you, Anehyuk! I'm feeling well right now, hows about you?
Kangin: I'm not jealous...
Kibum: I feel so lovvveeed! I don't bite, I kiss cchuuuu~
Yesung: Yah your saliva is going on to me
ShinDong: IT'S CONTAGIOUSSS!!!

chaosprincess:.... wew~ i pitied chulri and her mother... how come heechul was more concentrated at the lion king movie instead of his gf... hmmm... maybe that was the reason why she got pregnant. she was angry and got drunk and other guy took her to the motel. and now heeyun doesn't really know who is the father... eottokke... heechul needs to adopt chulri instead. 

Kyuhyun: you have one bizzare mind chaos... 
AimeI: I suggest you stay away from her
Kyuhyun: no. I want to make her my evil minion!!!
AiMei: What's with oyu and your minions????!!!
Kyuhyun: WE"RE GOING TO RULE THE WORLD USING SPOON AND FORKS!

 

AiMei: SO HERE'S THE UPDATE GUYS!!! I made it today since a lot of you anticipated for this! I hope I didn't disappoint you though! There's more to know! More secrets to be revealed! More things are connected! More people to know! and more twists and plots to keep it all coneected!

Anticipate... an appearance!!! WHO MADE THAT APPEARANCE!!! 

One question...

ARE YOU READY?!