Mrs Jo's birthday event

Forget Me Not

 

It’s finally the birthday of Mrs Jo whose children have been waiting for. The two siblings had planned a lot just for the day. All the orphans and staff of the orphanage were invited, along with some of her old friends and relatives. It’s no wonder why the whole restaurant has to be booked in order to fit that much people.

 

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

 

Kwill arrived at his aunt’s restaurant, knowing he’ll meet her today.

 

 

Flashback

 

Lizzy was helping out in the preparations for the birthday event when Kwill called on she and his aunt.

 

“Oppa! Just in time! Help umma with the soup!” She said, smiling brightly, happy that more help was finally available to her and the restaurant staff. They were busy for the whole day, even to the extent of waking two hours earlier. The birthday event will be during that night, meaning they only have six hours to spare and they weren’t even started with the decorations.

 

 

Kwill stretched after two hour’s work.

 

“Feeling tired already? Tsk tsk…” Lizzy commented as she shook her head disapprovingly.

 

“Lizzy-ah, you’re the best. Aunt too. Oppa knows.” He patted her head. Lizzy then wore a sheepish smile.

 

“This event is for my boss’s umma anyway. I’ve to do my best as a lovely subordinate.”

 

“You mean, Jo Kwon ssi? He’s coming? ” He asked, shocked from this news.

 

“Yes, oppa. You didn’t know? I thought you came for Ga-in ssi.” Lizzy widened her eyes, “How could it be? Ga-in ssi didn’t tell you?”

 

“I guess Ga-in ssi doesn’t know that this is your restaurant.” Kwill reasoned.

 

 

Kwill left the restaurant, only to hear Lizzy from inside the restaurant telling him that he left his make-up box there.

 

“Gwenchana (It’s okay)! I’ll come back later anyway,” He yelled back as loud as he could for Lizzy to hear while waving her goodbye from afar. Lizzy waved back with a smile and as soon as he turned away to leave, she tilt her head a little with her brows wrinkled, confused. “Why is oppa coming back later?”

 

End of Flashback

 

He entered the restaurant to see a familiar looking girl. She was helping out to place the cutleries on the table. “A new waitress? Wearing a dress? Can’t be?” He thought. The girl turned around. He was sure he saw her before but no one he knew came to his mind.

 

The girl furrows her brows. “Oppa? What’s wrong?”

 

“Oppa?” He mumbled. “You are? … Lizzy?” He looked her at her quizically as he went nearer to her to take a closer look, making her retreat a little.

 

“Waeyo? What’s with that expression, oppa? Haven’t you seen a girl put on makeup before?” She asked a little annoyned.

 

“I’ve seen many girls with makeup but you…” He started giggling and then used his hands to muffle his laughter.

 

Lizzy pouted her lips. “Are you saying I’m ugly?” She asked as she folded her arms and looked to her side.

 

“Pretty. You’re a cousin of a handsome man. How can you not be pretty?”

 

“Really?” She put her palms next to her cheeks and smiled slyly.

 

“But why are you doing this?”

 

Lizzy was speechless. “What do I say? What do I say? Think, Lizzy, think!”

 

“Umm… I…I want to show some respect to Jo Kwon ssi’s umma,” she said,” She’s my supervisor’s mother after all. I can’t possibly dress too casually for her birthday.”

 

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

 

Just then, Jokwon’s family arrived. The staff of the restaurant, Lizzy, her umma and Kwill stood outside the restaurant along the path to welcome them.

 

Kwon saw Kwill there and he was confused. What was he doing there? To see Ga-in? He walked passed him, brushing off those thoughts. He should be focused on the event preparation progress.

 

He then saw Lizzy. She seemed totally different. More beautiful than she already is and she gave off a different aura. He was mesmerised.

 

 

Ga-in arrived to see Kwill there as well. She was so smiley ever since she saw him. Her eyes looked like curved lines on her face. Kwon saw it the moment she saw Kwill. He can’t help but to worry that she may one day be over attatched to her idol, return to her sasaeng days when she was younger. She could skip meals and school just to follow him around all day long. It was horrifying.

 

What was more horrifying was the question why Kwill was so friendly to a fan? What was he up to? What hidden agenda does he have?

 

Maybe he is a byuntae (ert)? A … A…

 

Kwon can’t think of any possibilities. He must be a byuntae!

 

From afar, Ga-in was talking to Kwill. He seemed really sincere, not pretentious at all, as if he is a really nice guy.

 

No! Appearances are not the truth. Can’t judge a book by its cover. He is hiding something…

 

Lizzy was disappointed when Kwon’s attention was fully on her cousing and Ga-in instead but she finds her cousin so happy. He hardly smiled like that to a stranger. After all, Ga-in was the reason why he was like that. Now that Ga-in is back, there is a reason for him to smile again. She finds them a great couple. Although she didn’t know Ga-in well enough (NOTE: Lizzy was only a baby back then), she felt Ga-in will make her cousin really blissful. According to Kwill, Ga-in changed Lizzy’s diapers, bathed her and took care of her whenver Kwill’s aunt was out. Lizzy felt wierd though that a stranger she didn’t know well enough did such things for her when she was younger.

 

 

By now, everyone has arrived. Mrs Jo was incredibly happy. Her 60th birthday spent in such a festive atmosphere. She is a person who loves the crowd. Well loved by the orphans, all of the orphans under her care was more than willing to attend the event. Among all orphans, however, Ga-in was her favourite. She secretly wished she was her daughter. It’s impossible, she knows, thus, she hoped she can be her daughter-in-law one day. Mrs Jo and her husband always felt that their son and Ga-in had a very special chemistry. Same likings to the cute bickering of the two, it’s almost impossible not to like and wish them the best as a couple. She had always been hinting to her son about Ga-in but her really smart son who scored all As couldn’t get the hint. All along, he just thought Ga-in as a sister who is well-liked by his parents as well.

 

Not just Ga-in, they also liked Seulong. He was Kwon’s best friend and they could tell Kwon’s older sister had a crush on him. They belong to the older generation but they are not preservative about noona-dongsaeng relationships. They were disappointed, however, that Seulong showed signs of liking JeA instead. What could they do? They can’t possibly break a potential couple for the sake of their daughter’s happiness, especially when JeA is a nice, lovely girl. If Miryo knows of it, she will not dare to even show her face.

 

Throughout dinner, Mr and Mrs Jo could see Miryo looking towards where Seulong and JeA sat. Her friends were all seated in a different table. She can’t help but be jealous and left out when both were talking to each other with much enthusiasm.

 

 

“Ga-in-ah, I see Kwill’s here…” Seulong as he looked towards Kwill’s direction.

 

“How close have you two been, noona?” Jinwoon joined in the teasing.

 

Changmin shook his head subtly. “Don’t anymore. Or else the food will be taken before you could eat.”

 

“Noona… Tell us…” Jinwoon continued as he shook his shoulders back and front like a child.

 

“Our maknae!” Narsha said. “Ga-in-ah, do tell us. How’s Kwill? Does he really have abs?”

 

“Unnie, why are you joining them in this?!”

 

After the event…

 

“I want to go home!” JeA clumsily walked in drunken stupor while Seulong was trying his best to prevent her from losing her balance.

 

Ga-in too was drunk but was resting on the chair. Kwill walked towards Ga-in. “Ga-in ssi, I’ll send you home.” He told her as he supported her from her seat. Jokwon, alerted at such a sight, ran to him. “What do you think you’re doing? I’ll bring her home!”

 

“What about your parents?” He replied.

 

“Then what about Lizzy and her mother?” Kwon refuted.

 

“Lizzy and Aunt lives above the restaurant.” Kwill explained. “Don’t worry! I’ll bring her back safely.” Kwill said as he walked her towards his car.

 

Seulong followed suit, supporting JeA, trying hard to even stop her from fidgeting. Miryo just looked from behind. She felt helpless. What could she do to stop them? There’s no reason to stop them.

 

Kwon too, had no reason to stop Kwill. He can’t possibly ask Seulong to bring Ga-in home when he had JeA to take care of. All the others were already gone.

 

 

On the way home, in Jo’s car…

 

Both siblings’ minds were elsewhere. Nothing they could do but to feel insecure. One, worried and the other, jealous.

 

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

 

Done! Tried my best to lenghthen the chapter. Finally, done with the introduction^^ By the way, Lizzy, in this story, never tried make up before so it was a big deal to Kwill.

 

SPOILERS:

 

“You are still here? It’s already 9am? Shouldn’t you have left? What will people say if you are seen here here?”

 

 

“Sorry. Didn’t buy your breakfast.”

 

 

Comments please^^