Breakup

Forget Me Not

Everything was so sudden and surreal. Just two hours ago, she was having a long awaited sweet time with Kwon and now...

 

"Gain-ah..." Kwon called after the CEO left the office, leaving the trio alone. "Let's listen to him. I don't want you to lose your job. Besides, it's just a fake marriage. I don't think it'll really affect us that much."

 

Ga-in remained quiet. She couldn't decide on anything. She didn't want to marry Kwill as that will definitely affect her relationship with Kwon. Still, she felt that she had to be responsible for what happened... her job and Kwill's.

 

"I don't know..."

 

Kwill didn't really bother about his reputation. It was Ga-in's job he was worried about. He knew her career meant everything to her. Undeniably, a part of him was happy about the marriage but he perfectly knew Ga-in wouldn't be happy and he too would be unhappy to see her happiness snatched away from her. He didn't want to be guilty of breaking her heart by breaking the two up. It was a dilemma for him and hence, he too had nothing to say.

 

"But we don't know how long this marriage has to last. Temporary or permanent?" She replied.

 

"Just do what he says. What's more important now is your career. Our relationship can wait. It's not that important." He convinced.

 

"Mwo? Not that important?" She firmly said, louder than before.

 

"That's not what he meant," Kwill intervened.

 

"I'm just doing what's best for you now," he tried to calm her. "Your career needs an urgent solution. We still have our lives ahead to be together."

 

It did assure her a little but she was still somehow bothered by what he said. After all, she waited so long for this precious relationship and something like this had to happen. She just felt like he didn't treasure the relationship as much as she does.

 

...

 

The next day...

 

Kwon received another call from Narsha, informing him of the current situation

 

"Kwon-ah! You must help her this time! Our supervisor was told to fire Ga-in as soon as she came back to work!"

 

He thought about it the entire morning and he felt that no matter what he does, he needed to save her job because it meant the world to her.

 

...

 

"Noona, let's break up." He said to Ga-in when he went to her house.

 

"Kwon-ah, what are you talking about? You don't have to do this," She replied, knowing that he didn't mean it.

 

"I'm serious. I thought about it. Maybe I don't really love you as much as I thought. It didn't really bother me that much when you have to marry someone else." He tried to say in a harsh way.

 

"You're lying," She said surely as she tried to grab his shoulder but he swiftly shrugged her hand off.

 

"Everything is so sudden. I don't know. I don't know why I started to like you since a month ago. This feels like a dream, so surreal." He explained as he tried to act convincing.

 

Ga-in's expression changed. He didn't sound like he was lying but she didn't believe him totally either.

 

Seeing Ga-in looking a little swayed, he continued as he tried to suppress the hesitation, "Maybe I still love Lizzy. I still can't forget her."

 

"You're doing this because of me and my career, I know!" She yelled at him. "Don't do this."

 

He knew that denying it will not be convincing enough. "Yes. I'm doing this for you. I'm worried about you... but not as a man. I had been refusing to acknowledge the fact that I still have feelings for Lizzy since the trip and it was only yesterday I thought it through. I don't want you to lose your career. I know how hard you worked for what you are now. I'm doing this for the benefit of everybody. Kwill-ssi, Lizzy, the companies and the both of us."

 

"Really? Are you serious?" She mumbled as she struggled to muffle her cries.

 

 "Maybe it's just pity I felt for you." He went straight to the point, as straightforward and harsh as he can.

 

Tears which were threatening to fall a moment ago trickled down her cheeks. She couldn't muffle her cries any longer.

 

"Don't you think you are hurting me now?" She cried.

 

"This feeling will die off one day. " He explained.

 

Out of anger, she pushed him all the way out of her house and slammed the door shut.

 

"Sorry noona... I'll tell you the truth once your contract marriage ends."

 

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................

 

Updated!

 

Thanks for all your well wishes^^

 

Hope you liked this chapter^^ ... I bet you don't :b

 

No spoilers because I guess all of you already know what's going to happen next. Or are you still hoping for miracles???