A Chance Encounter

Forget Me Not

7th January 2013 (A week after...)

 

"Miryo noona, the restaurant!" Jokwon said to his older sister while pointing to a traditional restaurant in front of them. The two siblings are out to book a restaurant for their mother's 60th birthday. It was a grand affair, especially when it's the 60th birthday of the Mrs Jo, the friendly and caring lady boss of Jo orphanage. The two cannot miss out on any tiny details of the event which will be held 5 days later.

They walked into the restaurant which they thought was the most suitable according to their mother's diet - Mrs Jo had high blood pressure. Miryo walked towards the cashier counter. "I am Jo Mi-hye ssi. I called yesterday to book the restaurant for the 12th of January." She said to the girl behind the counter. "Omma, customer!" She yelled out. She smiled, as if apologetic that she had to keep them waiting since her mother was busy helping out in the kitchen.

 

While waiting for the lady boss, Jokwon looked around. He was impressed by the interior. Not posh and exaggerated but a homely, natural feel to it. Framed newspaper and magazine articles were put up on the walls. The restaurant was filled with customers yet it wasn't overcrowded as the building had 3 levels which was enough to spread out the tables. Nonetheless, there was a crowd lining outside the restaurant. Most of all, he was attracted to the girl behind the cashier. He was right about choosing the restaurant.

 

The girl led them to a VIP room. "Hope you don't mind waiting. Omma is busy. Please give us 5 more minutes." A waiter then came into the room, serving them a dish. In response to the siblings' puzzled expressions, she told them it was on the house. "I won't disturb you any further. Enjoy the dish! Annyeong!"

 

After she left the VIP room, they tasted the herbal chicken dish on the table. It was not oily and salty yet, it was delicious due to the herbal taste. Moreover, she found the girl extremely polite, reflecting the overall homeliness of the restaurant. "Omma will like this," she said confidently.

 

After a while, the lady boss, along with the girl, entered the room. Being the girl's mother, the lady boss shared a resemblance to the girl, similarly beautiful. What stood out the most was their huge doll-like eyes.

 

The lady boss sat beside Miryo and the girl beside Jokwon. He was inwardly pleased; he showed no expressions on his face.

 

After the discussion...

 

Just when they were about to leave the VIP room, Jo Kwon saw a framed article on the wall.

 

...filial nephew, charismatic singer Kwill led his aunt's restaurant to greater heights by providing for the restaurant expenses with his pay and with his popularity, many visited the restaurant and managed to try out his aunt's wonderful dishes...

 

"Kwill?"

 

The girl, noticing he was staring at the newspaper article which many would have ignored, heard that. "He is my cousin. Are you by chance a fan of oppa???" She asked, widening her eyes which to him was an overwhelming charm.

 

"What a small world," he thought.

 

..................................................................................................................................................................................................

 

That night...

 

Finally, she was able to rest. After a day of both visiting the restaurant and going back to the office in a rush to complete an important project, she feels inevitably exhausted. With the whole week being a busy one, the only comfort was to indulge in 'guilty' thoughts.

 

Six years younger than her...

 

She shouldn't do this to her unnie...

 

She's the odd one out...

 

These were bugging her ever since her late teens. She was 18 then. He was 12. Six years made a huge difference then. Even now, she couldn't get used to the fact the 6 years wasn't a problem like it was in the past. She's 31 now and he's 25.

 

Concerned about how others would think of her, she tried her best not to express any form of interest towards him. It was unescapable, however, to the eyes of her friends.

 

All but two.

 

Although the 6 year gap wasn't such a big problem to her now compared to the past, something else was bugging her. Her unnie. Being the considerate girl, there's no way she would let her secret out to her if that's going to destroy her unnie's happiness.

 

She isn't the one he loves. She knows it. How he treats her unnie... It was an uncomfortable truth. She knew she had to face reality than living in a world of self-delusion. That's why she let JeA unnie have him.

 

They haven't met for a long time before Christmas. It was only Christmas, her temptations started to give in to the 'guilty' thoughts. And now there's the birthday party of her omma. Aigoo...

 

...............................................................................................................................................................................................

 

Annyeong! Sorry for not updating in 2 weeks. And I updated with a short chapter this time... :(

 

In this chapter, I wanted to introduce the girl and focus more on Miryo... Since it's already 5th chapter and I should actually start talking about the other characters.

 

BTW, the girl is Lizzy of After School... Chose her because of her love line with Jokwon in All My Love.

 

Comment please...ㅠㅠ

 

Thanks for reading and sorry for the 2 week's wait.